Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Someone posted this very useful information about the Aixun T420D in a post here that explains it very well.

""Standby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 are internally pulled up (to 3.3V) different pins of microcontroller. When you insert a handle to cradle (connected to pin #4) or tip of cartridge to extractor (connected to pin #3) you push these pins to gnd, and can see a state "standby" or "extract" on station's display. T245 handle have a GND on metal ring, T115A have a GND both on metal tip and on metal shank near rubber cable gland."

Repair / Re: Simpson 260 series 6 repair
« Last post by flashthunder on Today at 07:36:42 pm »
Hi wasedadoc....I have a current meter in series with a constant current source. I am fairly confident of the 50ua as I have a second Simpson 260 that I have used the same current source on and I am able to calibrate it with no issues.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Any opinions on the Aixun T420D?
« Last post by Astray on Today at 07:32:54 pm »
Yes, you can see additionally installed pin #4 in plug of T115A handle on my photos in post #115. One end of extra wire is soldered to this pin, other end - connected to the "tall stand" (pre-disabled from "stanby" yellow pair internally in holder).
Okay, so I think a finally understand. You have 2 wires coming out of the socket that connects to one of the ports of the back and one of those wires is going to the tall stand with arm for the T115 handle. I think a photo of the back of your main unit with all the wires would be very helpful to others in the future if they want to do the same mod. I will be doing it myself once I get the T115 handle in the mail.

"Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 are internally pulled up (to 3.3V) different pins of microcontroller. When you insert a handle to cradle (connected to pin #4) or tip of cartridge to extractor (connected to pin #3) you push these pins to gnd, and can see a state "stanby" or "extract" on station's display. T245 handle have a gnd on metal ring, T115A have a gnd both on metal tip and on metal shank near rubber cable gland.

No. "Stanby" pin #4, "extractor" pin #3 of channel #1, and "Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 of channel #2 are FOUR different pins of MC.
Oh, so if either the tip or the metal rings on the handle touch the stand then those pins will be grounded and tell the microcontroller to put the handles in sleep mode! This is very helpful.

Even if you connect those pins together with a resistor in the inside the unit it would cause both handles to be in sleep mode if either one of them was grounded so that would defeat the purpose.

Maybe this words are "chinese half-truth" and these kits  have the same hosts with same transfos (less powerful than T420/420d) that can work with both T115 and T210 handles but not at same time.
I'm a bit doubtful they are different hardware, but very possibly have different firmware/software that would prevent using a dual station. It's already too late anyways, I have my unit even though I select the wrong handle and now have a T210 handle and 3 tips that I did not need or want haha. The seller is sending me the correct T245 handle but not the tips because I made a mistake while ordering. This mistake ended up costing me $30 extra unfortunately :'(
Not sure what you mean.

I mean the case when
a well written opt-in makes it CLEAR to the user who is reading it what will and will not be collected and uploaded, and what happens to it once uploaded, so that the user can make an informed decision on whether to click “allow” or “decline”.

But when user click on "decline", it still sends telemetry, just encrypted it and use more rare connections to hide telemetry activity from user.
Test Equipment / Re: Multimeter selection for production testing
« Last post by J-R on Today at 07:30:35 pm »
How about a 1 Ohm shunt with a 6.5 digit DMM?
Hi!

A friend of mine and I would like to make a portable gaming console. Question: what certificates we need to do that?

We are using esp32 module, the device is going to have a lipo battery. Our target markets are Europe and US, but we'd like to ship worldwide.

I see there some certificates come with esp32-s3-wroom-1: https://www.espressif.com/en/support/documents/certificates . Do we need to do anything extra?
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 07:26:16 pm »
That's above my paygrade. 😉
Which is the "goto" (popular and many people use them) 3D printing service company. 

You send them file (and $$) and them mail you finished (3D printed) product.  A (5-sided) (a bit roung edges so it is not 'sharp' for safety in use) box to house electronic and a lid (as the 6th side).

Size W and L is less than 100mm.  H is less than 50mm. 

Good for quality of one and small batch runs of tens. 

Many thanks
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 07:23:40 pm »
Yes, I assume it's around 15 fps, but I don't know. I wish they made the framerate selectable.
Hmm... Can you fetch, decompile, modify, recompile and reinstall the web control app? :)

It's a linux-based system, right? I wonder if it's hackable like the DHO800/900 series is, with full access to the file system etc. The stock web control app on the Rigols has some stupid design choices, like the upscaling (in a lossy way!) of the video stream, using jpeg for screenshots and setting quality level below the highest possible for the video stream compression. I spent some time and fixed all of that to use higher quality settings, native resolution and png for screenshots, and it's much better now.
Test Equipment / Re: Second bench PSU, am I thinking about this correctly?
« Last post by J-R on Today at 07:21:33 pm »
In my opinion, for a bench supply I could not see the point of getting a 6624A or similar, even if you had GAS.  It's big, heavy and loud.  You don't get any of the modern features like USB, ethernet and web browser control.  These negatives also apply to many of the other HP/Agilent supplies that frequently get mentioned.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-6624a/

The Rigol DP800 & now DP900 series units are popular but the circular keypad might take some getting used to.  These are also not necessarily "cheap", but maybe one will hit the clearance rack or eBay.  Both can be hacked:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/need-help-hacking-dp832-for-multicolour-option/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dp900-dp2000-series-hack/

If you want to flex your budget a bit, check out the GW Instek GPP-4323.  It has some oddities as well but otherwise could be of interest.  It also has a load function.  It seems there are various permutations with jack & ethernet options.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/just-bought-a-gw-instek-gpp-4323-power-supply-first-impressions-etc/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/gw-instek-gpp-4323-422471/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next