Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Repair / Re: Help needed identifying a Zener/TVS Diode (Toyota ECU)
« Last post by fzabkar on Today at 04:25:32 pm »
This vendor rates it at 27V 3W, if you can believe it:

https://www.lazada.vn/products/voltage-regulator-s5225-zener-3w-27v-thao-may-test-ok-i2423357599.html

Here is a discussion about a circuit that uses this diode:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59362&page=2

The diode appears to be D4 in this circuit diagram (D4 is a place holder):

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?s=76c57ef43ebf18a1041f22109cc5937f&attachmentid=16095&d=1331498282
I have never understood replies like tggzzz. Nothing valuable to say, full of negative load. Waiting for missing parameters. Oh well...

Suggested reply for the next time:
"It depends on the frequency response, output voltage and drive capability. Please give us more detailed specifications in order to give exact opamp examples. However, in general, I can say that typical opamps used for low-frequency applications, which are the common use cases for wien oscillators, are for example LT1632, LT1013, LT1001".

or.... just ignore the question.

br,
sw guy
Hello XVR, in the case below i conected two power amplifiers.
each of them needs to be 20V and 6A , and i get them by tuning the system with Vgs and Vds.

Is there a way to improve the circuit so my Vds  of the power amplifier could be tuned ?

Thanks.
Beginners / Re: LM324 Power Supply with variable voltage and current
« Last post by xavier60 on Today at 04:19:17 pm »
Do you mean that I need a separate winding on the transformer or another small transformer for the DVM and tap changer ?
That can be ambiguous, you can have the same winding or transformer for the tap changer and DVM but separate to powering the LM327.
Or maybe it's possible using arbitrary waveform, but I've never tried that.

Can you please check if my tool to read/write arb waveform for PSG9080 works with JDS2800?

just connect it to PC and try to execute:
Code: [Select]
PSG9080_ARB.exe COM3 -read 1 wave01.txt

where COM3 is a port which appears when you connect signal generator to PC.

It should read arb wavform 1 from generator to "wave01.txt" file
Computers / Re: Format a 256GB pendrive with FAT32 using a windows 10 pc
« Last post by Monkeh on Today at 04:14:27 pm »
Linux is a system of possibilities.
Windows is a system of limitations.

Self-imposed limitations. Windows provides a tool for formatting drives. It is not the only one you can use.
I know this is an old thread, but while looking for something else, I found a copy of the manual for the Exact 170 Amplifier.  Unfortunately, it is a very light copy, but is still (barely) readable.  I'll attach a pdf in case someone is looking for it.  If anyone knows of a better place to upload it, feel free of course.

Terry
Beginners / Re: LM317 Based Digitally Controlled Power Supply
« Last post by MrAl on Today at 04:09:03 pm »
The LM317 when used as the regulator is not very accurate. This starts with the output pins / contacts and the heating of the reference and amplifier part. So a serate build regulator is often the more accurate way. Adding current limiting / regulator to a LM317 regualtor circuit is challanging, arguably more tricky than starting from scratch with OPs and power transistors.

Usually the regulation is done analog - a digital solution is rather demanding on the ADC / DAC side and still often slow.
When starting with PWM as a set signal one goes PWM -> fitler to get an analog set voltage and than goes with an analog regulator (e.g. classic PID style) from there.

Hi,

Yes, they do not mention that directly in the data sheet so it's easy to miss.  If you look at the spec's carefully and surmise yourself that the temperature is going to rise with significant load in most cases, then you might realize that the on-chip voltage reference temperature is also going to rise and thus the output voltage will change more significanly than the voltage reference.
What kind of cables?  Power or signal?  Were they advertised to conform to a particular industry spec or just a specific size?

Beginners / Re: How Current Limitation is happening in the circuit???
« Last post by MrAl on Today at 04:05:34 pm »
Hello All,

I started constructing prototype of the below circuit, But 68ohm,2Watts resistance went to breakdown.
again i changed to 470ohm,2Watts , again it started smoking.

I also changed the MJE2955, but 470 ohm started smoking, What is the problem in the circuit?

How to find my transistor has went to breakdown?

Thank you all.

Hello there,

You are probably going to have to learn to troubleshoot these circuits yourself.  That means making measurements with different loads, and possibly running the input voltage up a little at a time to see when the power dissipation starts to get too high in the resistor(s).  You keep having this same problem with just about every circuit you work on like this.  A resistor smokes in every circuit you posted so far.
To find out the problem you often have to take voltage and/or current measurements before anything smokes, and that means possibly with a light load and slowly increasing that load.  If it happens even with light load, then you might have to turn the input voltage up slowly until the problem shows itself but does not blow anything out.

So to start see if it runs with no load.  You don't seem to say what the load is when this happens, or even if there is a load or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next