Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Element 14 Australia Fire Sale
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 04:18:54 am »
14 now  ;D

11 now, couldn't resist.
Anyone know how to relocate the outputs of the R&S 835-8011-58 SMHU from the rear panel back to the front panel?

I bought a used one off ebay and the ports are in the back. The operating manual indicates they can be moved, but gives no details how this is done.

The service manual doesn't describe this either.
Looks like they are selling quite a few other PSUs as well.
Any thoughts on this one? https://au.element14.com/gw-instek/gps-3303/power-supply-3-o-p-3a-30v-fix/dp/274852202
Seems like a very good deal.

Yeah that is a bargain. Original price $737.07 ($810.78 Inc. GST) down to $256.23 ($281.85 Inc. GST) and possibly less if you can get the 15% discount to work.

gps-3303 is even more of a bargain now. AU$170.82 ($187.90 in gst). If you get the 2748522 order code version you can apply a 10% discount (or maybe the 15% discount) for about AU$170 inc gst. So less than a quarter of the original price. Even less for the GPS-2303.

General Technical Chat / Re: Does anyone make good SSDs any more?
« Last post by Infraviolet on Today at 04:07:37 am »
The samsung 870 EVO is still a particular model to really avoid then? Or are things better with more recently manufactured ones?
Ok this is just getting ridiculous. They are practically giving them away. AU$62.09 (AU$68.30 inc gst). AU$61.47 with 10% discount.

I ordered another 2 at this price. Note if you get the one with order number 3227419 then since it does not have an "01" or an "02" at the end it is not considered discounted - so you can apply the 10% discount (I was not able to apply the 15% off one - maybe because I have already used it once - worth a try though). It is weird that they reduced the price on the main order number rather than just on the "02".

There is a bunch of other stuff that was further reduced in price today. So worth searching through their stock for items located in Australia. Some other bargain items I found:

cheap multicore solder - various types <AU$21 for 250g
CT-ISO1L Isopropanol 1l ~AU$9
KNIPEX 82 02 200 twingrip pliers ~AU$32
KNIPEX 87 01 125   cobra 125mm ~AU$26
various knipex super knips (electronics flush cutters) for <AU$30
various ender-3 3d printers for <AU$130 - usually over $300. Was tempted by this but not sure how much I would use a 3d printer.

Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by ballsystemlord on Today at 03:44:42 am »
Well, no.  They specifically tell you there is no internal 50 ohm termination and that you have to use an adapter.  No deception here.

I meant that if the input impedance is 1Mohm, then specifying 50ohm impedance was possibly deceptive as that doesn't reflect the reality of the scope's input.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now.
Repair / Re: Blaupunkt CR-4096 AM/FM/Cassette playing speed too fast
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 03:32:23 am »
OP, you know the little circuit board the motor connects to, is the speed controller. I don't see a tachogen for feedback so it must be motor back-EMF?
The board has a trimpot to adjust motor speed. But if yours is way fast then the power transistor could have shorted.

How I used to calibrate speed, is record a test tone say 10kHz on a cassette deck that I know has correct speed, musicians can tell right away if pitch is off.
Then put the cassette in the deck and adjust speed until a freq. counter reads correctly.
Do confirm there is enough room (height) available as I believe it has to fit underneath the display.
Repair / Re: Please help, how can I adjust this transistor?
« Last post by daisizhou on Today at 03:22:20 am »
Thanks

I checked Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, and I found that their pin resistance is very small, only about 130 ohms。I measured it online, so it may not be very accurate.but very strange.

The resistance values of Q28 and Q29 are also very small. I am still looking for the pin location. The resistance value is only about 40 ohms.

Give me some time and I will test them all and mark the pin locations and suspected resistance values.
Repair / plug in power meter flaw
« Last post by daniel444 on Today at 03:22:16 am »
my plug in power meter just died ,  a few years earlier it had stopped working so i opened it up and found the built in battery leaking , so i cut the battery out and cleaned the electrolyte off the board.
this caused it to work again for a few years , now it has stopped working again , the electrolyte had soaked into the board beyond my ability to clean it off , and its beyond my ability to repair.

if your going to buy one of these power meters  remove the built in battery immediately
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next