Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
I thought the DC-DC output AC to the filaments?

At the time I only had schematics handy and saw it's a "DC-DC" convertor, so I assumed it was DC out, however, I should have included that I measured the AC as well, it was approximately 600mV; but I measured this with respect to ground and maybe needed to measure across.

The datasheet specifies pins 5 and 7 are AC, but doesn't give a voltage. The schematic shows FL1 and FL2 are on pins 4 and 6, so that's a bit confusing.

Later today or tomorrow (hopefully) I'll take the steps you suggested. Usually I start with the obvious such as do I have voltage(s). My personal rule is first figure out what happened between when something worked and when it didn't. Since the only anomaly in that process was me replacing the chip, seems the obvious route is to start with soldering issues.

My other thought is the replacement IC takes more current and damaged the convertor. My somewhat focus is on the fact the display was working until I recycled power. As you suggested, a power up sequence failure, shorted pins, etc... so I'll look and report what I find.

PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: JLCPCB alters soldermask without any notice
« Last post by xvr on Today at 02:09:10 pm »
> They don't have strict rules for layer extension ".xxx" at JCL.

They have preferable naming (and it described on its site). If your files match it there is should be no problems. Otherwise they will do their best, but not always right :(

Very strange that they won't come back to you for approve  :-//
This aims to make a resonant transformers output dominate in the parasitic Xc and the XL component of the output coils while reducing its ability to pass current in the R component of said coils.
> One option is that: do not care.

Than use square waves. They can be considered as sinus with a lot of distortion.
I don't think an oscilloscope is the best solution based on your usage.  You want a power quality analyser with data logging.  Something that can also safely be left alone.

Maybe one of these.  https://powertronics.com/collections/single-phase-power-line-monitors

See these other related discussions
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/power-line-quality-monitor-that-does-not-cost-/
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/looking-for-a-cheap-but-good-single-phase-120v-power-line-glitch-logger/
In LTSpice schematic you again connect all 4 pins of MOSFET to different nets. I guess that one of them directly shot some MOSFET terminal to ground. There should not be.

As for 20V - power for your amplifier should be connected to terminal that in your schematic labeled 'After relay. 24V (ar)'. I don't know what relay was connected ant where, but definitely here should be connected just plain +20V. No any +24V from any relay should be used in final schematic.

In LTSpace change voltage of V1 to +20V and remove V3

> because this floating voltage is confusing. i am used to this of voltage where each node has exact voltage with respect to some reference.

Yes, but for flying voltage will be another reference - not common ground, as for all others.
If you want to see voltage on MOSFET gate set a probe to V(Gate)-V(Souce)
Beginners / Re: LM324 Power Supply with variable voltage and current
« Last post by xavier60 on Today at 01:49:38 pm »
Do you mean that I need a separate winding on the transformer or another small transformer for the DVM and tap changer ?
Yes.
After put back the original BNC connector, I recorded the offset. Is it normal or not?  thanks

Beginners / Re: LM324 Power Supply with variable voltage and current
« Last post by mike_mike on Today at 01:47:07 pm »
Do you mean that I need a separate winding on the transformer or another small transformer for the DVM and tap changer ?
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SSA 3021X... Ooops
« Last post by Joel_l on Today at 01:45:43 pm »
I put things back together enough to turn it on. what I found this morning was slight different that what I found ( thought I found ) last night.

Frequency is OK. I checked several points  and all were good ( Agilent E4432B )

Amplitude seems OK, worst I saw was .6 dBm low. TG trace was not horrible but I don't know what it looked like before. ( pic attached )

Input impedance is still off, the only way I have to gauge this is using one of my transmitters and TX'ing into the SA. Before the over power, I was getting a near perfect SWR, now I get high SWR on all 3 TXs I tried.

When I measure the switches, U1 is different than the others.

I went back and rechecked all the diodes in the path at each stage, all were OK.

I will replace U1 ( maybe all just cause )

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next