Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
HELL PAOPBZ SEEING CABLE FAULT LOCATION FUNCTION  IS A PRACTICAL FEATURE FOR HAM     
      J36                                                                                                           
                                                                               THANK YOU
the AA battery ones are OK just don't expect it to work a long time.

Butane is IDK, if you have a soldering iron calibrator to set it properly OK, otherwise the battery one is better.

Now the USB c ones are probobly pretty good and run on powerbank etc, but if its just like for the rarest of rare uses, the AA one is a better value IMO, because its cheap Built in lithium battery one sare better, so long it has replaceable battery, because u know you will use that once every 5 years
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Soldering in a life circuit
« Last post by Haenk on Today at 06:28:13 am »
this is a job for batteries or butane

you might actually get a good solder joint that way. trying to overload the iron is not the proper technique

Yes, don't try this stunt with a station. Actually I got a battery powered "pen soldering iron" from Lidl for AFAIR 10,- (downmarked). Only charged it up, never used it :)
And of course this is not for really finer pitch, even larger SMD would be a gamble.
LED brightness really very NOT linear to current/PWM duty cycle. I had an experiment with dimmable RGB led. I run it with PWM in 0-255 duty cycle range.
Values of 255-128 were almost indistinguishably (but PWM work as expected - mean consumed current dropped linear).
Values 128-64 where distinguishable, but not much. And only when PWM duty cycle drops to 20-10 per 256 each change in it became clearly visible.
LED brightness probably is much more linear and what is not linear is the human eye's response which I expect to be close to logarithmic.

So these would be steps of equal perceptible change:

For me all this is an example for the difficulties in human communication. We always think we understand the other person, but we don't. Everybody has his own sense of humor.

Certainly true, and that also means that it is not always understood that something is intended to be humor.

We have some super contributors here who have never been decent starting from their first posts and it only got worse with their mounting number of posts. Quantity doesn't mean quality.

I agree with the "Quantity doesn't mean quality", since I stated that before during the "TEA war",  >:D but for what I have seen I can't think of a super contributor that reacts indecent all the time

Maybe there should be a rule that contributors with more than 10 000 posts or more than 5 posts per day should not disturb forum beginners without first looking into his/her profile and understanding a little what is going on.

There is kind of a rule, where Dave states to be nice to beginners, but that requires a definition of beginner. A newbie on the forum is not necessarily a beginner, and the OP seems to not fall in the category when making "precision calibrating equipment".

By the way, the OP posted about his offers in the Buy/Sell/Wanted section. In general people not interested in the offers don't comment, at least there won't be an engineering discussion.

Why not. It can be seen as feedback after purchase, and inform other potential buyers about the quality of the product.
Any physicist doing precision measurements can dream of discovering previously unknown effects. Of course it depends on his/her resources, but also it may be luck. Technology is a statistical precondition for new discoveries and patents.

Regards, Dieter
Microcontrollers / Re: Memory model for Microcontrollers
« Last post by peter-h on Today at 06:13:09 am »
a human pattern is to ask a question, then iterate and follow up.

Except most don't do the "follow up" bit because

- they can't be bothered
- they are working in some company which prohibits posting
- they abandoned the project
- they are working on a product and don't want to give away too much

BTW you can find out a lot about someone by googling on their forum nickname :) I regularly do this on the one I run, where the poster was quite smart but probably malicious.

Also there are sites which can identify ChatGPT output with a high probability.

constant data goes to the .rodata section, not .data.

This varies, even by version of the same CPU compiler. From my project notes:

With ARM GCC, statics are categorised thus:
int fred; goes into BSS (used to go into COMMON in GCC versions before v10)
int fred=0; goes into BSS (which by definition is zeroed by startup code)
int fred=1; goes into DATA (statics initialised to nonzero, copied to RAM at start)

I don't think anything goes into .rodata in current arm32 GCC although the original ST-supplied linkfile contains loads of code referencing it.

Another reason for freezing the compiler version on a given project, but that's another debate... I have frozen Cube IDE on 1.14.1, due to issues with the GCC tools which Cube 1.15.0 introduces. Cube itself is also broken at 1.15 - can't drive the debugger!

Yeah, it's pretty tight, those screws would support the internal stuff were it 'real', so maybe some nuts are in order to hold them in place.

I'll PM you from here on out to avoid filling this thread with off-topic stuff. :)
ChatGPT/AI / Re: AI-generated lies in datasheet search results
« Last post by radiolistener on Today at 05:57:40 am »
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Canceled Because Thread All Shit Up by "tggzzz"
« Last post by dietert1 on Today at 05:57:32 am »
For me all this is an example for the difficulties in human communication. We always think we understand the other person, but we don't. Everybody has his own sense of humor.
We have some super contributors here who have never been decent starting from their first posts and it only got worse with their mounting number of posts. Quantity doesn't mean quality. Maybe there should be a rule that contributors with more than 10 000 posts or more than 5 posts per day should not disturb forum beginners without first looking into his/her profile and understanding a little what is going on.
By the way, the OP posted about his offers in the Buy/Sell/Wanted section. In general people not interested in the offers don't comment, at least there won't be an engineering discussion.

Regards, Dieter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next