Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Jutter calculation ?
« Last post by GigaJoe on Today at 01:40:19 am »

I'm right ?
Jitter 1.5 nS
or it should be divided in 2 -- 750pS

yeah its for 3d objects what I mean is if you use a stereo microscope and then you get a high zoom one (in the 1000$ range) it gets worse the more you go

I think its extremely useful. i mean you either can see it or not see it. with how small everything got, you basically won't say that its a waste of money
Hello, we could custom and manufacture most conplicated wire bonding tool
any interest, please visit https://www.bondingwedges.com/
I've replaced a a large number of them in flat screen televisions. LED's don't last as long as it is commonly believed.

WoD
So have I, but indeed in TVs, especially the cheap ones. they (can) overdrive them for brightness (which people seem to abuse).  There's no excuse for that in a scope screen where you are viewing a subdued image and from a meter distance or less.

Actually, what I replace most in TVs are capacitors in the power supplies.  Again, mostly in the cheap ones.
I fully agree that for soldering and similar fabrication, moderate magnification is adequate. When it comes to failure diagnosis, the need to identify tiny cracks or voids may require magnifications without limits, including the use of electron microscopes. Additionally, in the past, when manual wire bonding was still common, magnifications within those ranges were indeed useful.
Asan is much faster and easier to use than Valgrind. But it won't show much if the stack uses one big allocation and then uses allocated chunk for the custom allocator. It will catch gross out of buffer access, of course.
Oscilloscopes are for displaying signal waveforms, not creating them.

At least add that this is a job for a pulse generator or a fancy function generator and save me some typing :)   
https://www.edn.com/create-short-pulses-with-a-function-generator/
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SSA 3021X... Ooops
« Last post by tautech on Today at 01:21:11 am »
Hi,

I think I accidentally overloaded the input to my SA one too many times. My input impedance is no longer 50 Ohms. It still functions sortof.

I took the input board out and started looking around. I saw a 49R9 resistor which I assume is the termination resistor, it actually measures fine. I it looks like there are some clamping diodes on the input path and they seem fine. the input cap measures at 1uF, seems OK. Nothing looks like it got toasty.

The first IC in the input path is U1 a 956p, the 49R9 resistor is after that component in the path. Makes me wonder if that is the part I damaged.

I can't find any info on what that part is, anyone here know? Has anyone found schematics for this SA?

After some research, I believe the part is a GaAs MMIC. Still can't find a datasheet for the 956P to be sure.

Thanks
Joel
Sanity check:
Preset.
Connect TG to RF IN and apply -20dB TG signal.
Sweep should be at a -20dB level.

Post screenshot.
Beginners / Question about use of Differential using scope USB port
« Last post by watchmaker on Today at 01:16:22 am »
The MicSig probes use the USB port of your scope for the power supply.

Excluding operator error (ignorance? stupidity?) such as putting both hands on the work or working in an electrically unsafe environment, does this mean that the things discussed here about grounding out the scope are avoided?

And for those who missed it in Test Equip, Amazon has a coupon for the Micsic DP10013 which drives the price to $150 USD.  This price is only marginally higher than a store bought isolation transformer.

The backlight is LED, so it's not likely to ever wear out, as it were.

I've replaced a a large number of them in flat screen televisions. LED's don't last as long as it is commonly believed.

WoD

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next