Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Lots of test equipment for sale on UK auction
« Last post by veedub565 on Today at 05:17:53 pm »
PPAuctions has very variable quality items. Some are fine, some are only worth instant disassembly into component parts. (One such item yeilded only a decent OCXO and a piece of metalwork that enabled me to have a Christmas dinner; long story, not repeating it!)

It is located at a farm, and storage can be a barn. Look carefully at the pictures to see which items are in the barn.

I notice that they are now marking some items "spares or repairs". I haven't seen that before, and I'm not sure what to think about items not marked that way.

To be fair the last lot of items I had from them was pretty decent.

...So the average person can look at something like this and see nothing. Nothing registers because it is so far removed from what they consider normal but this doesn't imply the circuit element doesn't have a purpose.

In that case would you be so kind as to tell us what your opinion of the schematic in the patent.

For instance, details such as the resistor shown with a short circuit drawn around it, is it an example of a design from a person who's intelligence is set apart from the rest of us mere mortals, and if so we would be fascinated to learn it's purpose, if of course you think that we are not so stupid that we would have no hope of understanding your explanation.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
E.

I've written another experimental little utility program for the T48. This one is called "mprom" and an experimental version called "mprom-bb". It is here.

What it does is allow ROMs to be read fairly painlessly using a T48. It has some similarities to the prom.c code in minipro (which isn't currently compatible with T48) but it's more flexible. Adding a new ROM is just a case of adding pin definitions to an XML file (see roms.xml in the utility).

The "mprom-bb" version can theoretically be extended to use the ISP pins for chips needing more than 40 pins in an adapter. That needs some additional configuration with adapter pin maps which I currently don't have. Anyone wanting to help out with that please send me a message.

Although this has been tested with a T48 it should also work with a TL866II+. It will not work with TL866A/CS.

I don't think it will currently work with a T56 either but feel free to try it out.

Any reports welcomed especially if you don't mind experimenting a bit to get some things working.
I now have 1.03.00.06.
But I was already warm with the very first one, but I didn't deal with it because I didn't see a problem with the measurements.

This is the problematic firmware version that bricks the scope when xy window is used and the scope shutdown? or it happens only on the dho8xx version?
Test Equipment / Re: Tek 4 Series Hack
« Last post by skander36 on Today at 05:10:02 pm »
you sound more like someone who want to get freebies out of others  ....   you should change your tone a bit ...   :-+

unless you do it yourself,  wait for others if they do it or not, and be patient .... maybe some day ... you asked ...  wait for answers ...   

and don't pressurize people(s)  to do it for you   

i'm not picking on you, not starting a war      but that's how the forum works and people(s) contribute if they want to,  or not ... or keep it to themselves

maybe simply said :    this 4k series is simply not worth it  ...  that's all  :-//       you have TEK forums too ...

other series had good or very good success if you search here

bye

Where to you see that I'm pressurize? This was my post: "Hello! Anyone knows about progress in hacking MSO Tek series? I'm interested about MSO44 also."
I'm just asking if someone knows about progress on this matter hoping that in 3 years someone know.
You come and suppose that I'm not reading the thread and I should change my tone ... no comment.

unless you do it yourself,  wait for others if they do it or not, and be patient .... maybe some day ... you asked ...  wait for answers ...   
and don't pressurize people(s)  to do it for you   

I was asked and wait until you come ...

Beginners / Re: Is PFC worth it??
« Last post by Phil1977 on Today at 05:09:48 pm »
Your statement does not get true by repetition. From the power plant to the consumer the system with PFC is more efficient than without. Because transmission losses are indirect proportional to the power factor.
General Technical Chat / PCB potentiometer in a throttle body
« Last post by A320mech on Today at 05:09:15 pm »
I took apart the electric throttle bodies of my 32 year old BMW and found this built-in potentiometer. It is a circular PCB with resistance traces adjacent to a good old DC brushed motor. The wipers thereof are connected to the butterfly of the throttle and the resistance is proportional to the throttle position and includes a "switch" (or cutoff, seen on the trace as a gap) which goes open at 17 degrees as an independent verification of the throttle position to the ECU. The traces are known to wear out and these units are NLA. I know there are many online services that can print out PCBs but I've yet to find someone who makes this.

Is there any company who can print resistance traces for a potentiometer on a PCB or am I going about it the wrong way here?
Test Equipment / Re: 10MHz GPSDO by "BH3SAP"
« Last post by Gertjan on Today at 05:08:56 pm »
I've now also added access to the GPS module via two pins on the bluepill. The module (ATGM336H version) can be configured via GnssToolkit and it seems like you can configure it for stationary usage.....

Hi dankar,
Do you think it is possible to get NMEA data out of this GPSDO?
It would be a big improvement to be able to monitor reception (number of satellites, signal strength) etcetera. That would make one more confident in the quality and reliability of it's output signals...
Beginners / Re: Is PFC worth it??
« Last post by aboubkr90 on Today at 05:06:52 pm »
@PGPG What I'm proposing is that the car doesn't need to move strictly horizontally.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next