Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: JLCPCB alters soldermask without any notice
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 05:26:48 pm »
Layer Markers:
One thing I do is below the actual board layout, I add text with the layer name on the actual layer.
So "TOP COPPER" is actually text on the top copper layer.  Do that for all layers in a neat grid.  "TOP PASTE", "TOP MASK", etc.

This marks each layer with what that layer is right on the gerbers.  As long as it's outside the board outline, they will just cut all that off when they make the boards (like FAB notes and title block and all the other stuff they just cut out).

No more guessing what layer does what.

About the paste layer:
One thing to be careful of is that JLCPCB will make a paste stencil using whatever you give them on your paste layer.  So if you don't have your apertures right, they won't fix it for you.  This is a bit of a shock, especially if you only have outsourced stencils to assembly CMs previously.
Test Equipment / Re: Magnova oscilloscope
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 05:26:08 pm »
That's right, that's what it says.
But what would be abnormal operation...
Computers / Re: Format a 256GB pendrive with FAT32 using a windows 10 pc
« Last post by Karel on Today at 05:22:23 pm »
Thank you everybody for the advice but Linux has already saved the day (and not for the first time).

I'm just puzzled why people sometimes say that windows is so easy to use for non-technical people.
Windows users are supposed to search around for random tools and click on some download link in order
to solve a problem? Or they need to go to a forum for assistance in order not to download and install some malware?
Or they need to start cmd.exe or powershell and enter some cryptic command?
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Wanted Features
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 05:22:08 pm »
Hopefully Siglent will have limited BW and only listen to the very few knowledgable folks, which we know who they are!!
I hope that not more bugs can be found as there were to be fixed after the new release. There obviously was some deficit in the past ...

History has shown world-wide pandemics occur about once every 100 years so you are safe.

That's a risky assumption; because A, always A. Living in the universe is inherently unsafe, probably best not to dwell on it too much, but take sensible precautions (wash your hands before eating, after using public transport etc)
I am surprised they can ask so much for a 100:1 probe.

But then, all prices have increased like crazy.
Not long ago, we could buy a real high voltage probe for that amount.

Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Wanted Features
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 05:16:04 pm »
I really hope that nobody actually believes that the Siglent development team will sit down, leave everything else behind and work through the lists.
For a device with a starting price of 359€.... :-X

As you said, it's a list of suggestions. I don't think anyone expects Siglent to implement more than a few hand-picked ones. Given their software platform strategy, I would hope that they do pick a few UI improvements which are beneficial across the whole touch-screen scope range -- so the effort would not need to be justified through SDS800X HD sales alone.
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by coppice on Today at 05:14:30 pm »
Look at Google+ crash and burned, you have a couple trillion $ market cap yet are totally impotent. Why?
Mega corporations can't do it. They aren't in it to make it good or to better society - it's about their hidden agenda towards data mining private information, all in the name of "advertising". Or maybe it's social control, influencing voters - who knows. Lemmings do not jump off the ice pack!
Google is easy to explain - inconsistency. They have spent 20 years starting things, finding they aren't taking off, and killing them. No fixing. No migrating existing users to their next iteration of the concept. just dead end after dead end. Some of these are markets they didn't give up on, like VoIP. They started and killed several attempts at that, with no follow through from one try to the next. They can't seem to understand the concept of a pissed off customer. Their cloud services were a disaster when they tried to offer clever ones, with lots of Google specific "value added". Then they hired someone with a functioning brain who offered basic cloud services, which were easy to migrate into and out of, and their cloud stuff took off. Nobody wants to buy in too much to anything proprietary from Google these days.
I doubt 002b also supports "Super Deep Sleep" but I didn't test it.
it's very likely that 002B is an equivalent of L020, I just run the Deep Stop example on a TSSOP20 PY32F002b, the current consumption is much lower than the Stop mode ( 0.6 uA vs 1.6 uA).
3D printing / SLA print warping
« Last post by strawberry on Today at 05:09:28 pm »
warping happen after some day. like some internal stress???uneven printing temperature?? it comes out almost perfect but then it is meh
I broke one sample but got worse(couldn't put peaces back)
one sample came out fine

wall thickness 3mm L=200mm H=30mm box
acrylic resin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next