Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1476469 times)

0 Members and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2525 on: October 19, 2024, 10:42:00 am »
Well, the problem was when I connected spare boost 5V power supply
after battery switch.
Obviously some delay in power off is nessesary to use such connection.

Yes, it needs some time to write the data to the SD card. When the power switch is turned off the MCU receives an interrupt and starts the power down sequence. The power enable signal on the 3.3V regulator is delayed to allow the settings data to be written. When this delay is to short it fails in writing this data.

Offline Evi

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 167
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2526 on: October 19, 2024, 01:15:42 pm »
Actually spare power supply with EN controll vial POWER_ENABLE signal
consumes only 20uA in sleep mode.
 

Offline Martin124

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2527 on: October 20, 2024, 10:55:40 pm »
Hello, after installing the last version, I have a problem with moving the image on the LCD, the touch works properly and is not moved
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2528 on: October 21, 2024, 06:05:01 am »
Hello, after installing the last version, I have a problem with moving the image on the LCD, the touch works properly and is not moved

What OS and program are you using to write the SD card?

There is a setup system to displace the image on the screen, and the program on windows written by Sleo, I believe allows easy adjusting the values.

More information about this is to be found here: https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI_1013D_Firmware/blob/main/configuration_file.txt

Offline Martin124

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: pl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2529 on: October 21, 2024, 11:01:12 am »
Hello, after installing the last version, I have a problem with moving the image on the LCD, the touch works properly and is not moved

What OS and program are you using to write the SD card?

There is a setup system to displace the image on the screen, and the program on windows written by Sleo, I believe allows easy adjusting the values.

More information about this is to be found here: https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI_1013D_Firmware/blob/main/configuration_file.txt

Ok, thanks, I managed to fix the LCD thanks to your tips. Now I have a problem with operation - it does not pass calibration, probably because the second channel stopped working and generally something slows it down, cuts it off, etc.


https://youtu.be/-9rpFd1CJOo

https://youtu.be/j1_MK4ecEHY


And by the way, big congratulations to the authors of the project - you did a great job  :-+
« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 11:13:51 am by Martin124 »
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2530 on: October 21, 2024, 04:26:49 pm »
How the calibration turned out can be determined from the values ​​of the diagnostic screen.  PS use one voltage for 2 channels.  (in the video I see an oscilloscope connected to 2 channels of the generator)

. Does Fnirsi software also have a problem with channel number 2?
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2531 on: October 25, 2024, 05:10:30 am »
Hi! Atlan. Is it possible to make the backlight state remain on shutdown, is the sun active or not? Now I activate the sun, turn off the oscilloscope, then turn it on, and the sun is turned off. You have to turn it on every time. Thanks!
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2532 on: October 25, 2024, 02:12:24 pm »
Then set the settings to full brightness. And you'll always have it when you turn it on.
But it can be done.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2533 on: October 25, 2024, 03:59:17 pm »
It seemed convenient to set the adjustment to a minimum and to save battery when the charge is low, reduce the brightness by pressing the button. But it is not comfortable to see the minimum brightness every time you turn it on.
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2534 on: October 25, 2024, 04:39:12 pm »
Ok, I'll fix it sometime.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: engineer.r152

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2535 on: October 28, 2024, 05:45:54 pm »
Hi all. I have this oscilloscope (pictured) with F1C100S. In the picture i removed EEPROM.
I want to update firmware. I see 102 pages of info and I can't read it all. Also I see on github instruction for Linux but I don't have Linux. Is there a simple instruction to backup and install latest stable firmware for Windows? I saw a post with Windows utility but I don't understand if it is for stock firmware or for modified firmware? I just want to update firmware because freezing errors in my firmware are annoying.
Where is stock firmware stored? In MCU/CPU of F1C100S? On another forum some people told me that firmware is in Flash W25Q16. But I don't understand if it is true. Can i just programm this FLASH W25Q16  with bin file?
Thats my FLASH Dump.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2024, 06:34:40 pm by Zombie47 »
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2536 on: October 28, 2024, 08:13:08 pm »
Hi all. I have this oscilloscope (pictured) with F1C100S. In the picture i removed EEPROM.
I want to update firmware. I see 102 pages of info and I can't read it all. Also I see on github instruction for Linux but I don't have Linux. Is there a simple instruction to backup and install latest stable firmware for Windows? I saw a post with Windows utility but I don't understand if it is for stock firmware or for modified firmware? I just want to update firmware because freezing errors in my firmware are annoying.
Where is stock firmware stored? In MCU/CPU of F1C100S? On another forum some people told me that firmware is in Flash W25Q16. But I don't understand if it is true. Can i just programm this FLASH W25Q16  with bin file?
Thats my FLASH Dump.

Hi Zombie47,

welcome to the forum. You are now in the right place to get to know everything about your scope.

Yes a lot of pages with a lot of information, but it might be worth a quick scan and soak up the information.

To answer your questions, yes the original firmware is in the FLASH memory you removed. The F1C100s does not have internal FLASH and needs an external medium to hold the code that needs to be ran. It does have some ROM that houses the Allwinner boot loader, and on power up or reset this boot loader is executed. It scans the external devices for the presence of a dedicated boot header. If one is found on the SD card it will use that, if not it checks the FLASH at address zero and uses that if found.

While there is no special utility on Windows to load the original firmware to the FLASH memory, there is a Windows utility to write the open source firmware to the SD card. It can be found in the last pages of this thread. Atlan also made it possible to easily select between the original and the open source firmware.

To restore the original firmware in the FLASH (either w25q16 or w25q32) you need a binary that contains all the needed parts and start writing from address zero. There is a boot loader, two executables and an image in the FLASH. There are a couple to be found in my first mentioned repository.

For the open source firmware there are a couple of github repositories that provide information and the source code. Mine are:

The original gathering of a lot of information and attempt to reverse engineer the original firmware that I stopped with due to to much crappy code and time it was taking to reverse it. https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack

The open source firmware written based on the partial reverse engineering and information gathered in the other repository. This code is what Atlan used to continue working on, so it is way behind the latest state. https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI_1013D_Firmware

Atlans github repository. https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D

Have fun playing with the scope once you have it running again.

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2537 on: October 28, 2024, 08:54:35 pm »
Quote
Hi Zombie47,

welcome to the forum. You are now in the right place to get to know everything about your scope.
Thanks for the answer.
Yes, Atlan already helped me in the comments on YouTube.
I removed the flash memory because I was looking for how to flash software, and one person was looking for the factory firmware on another forum, and I gave it to him. Now I installed the memory in its place and am trying to flash it via the bootloader that Atlan advised me. But when flashing, I get an error "I/O operation error Device write Access denied / sectors to be written put into the existing partition of MBR"
 

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2538 on: October 28, 2024, 09:21:13 pm »
I found solution:
"Disk Manager way:
Find your card, right click on partition, select "Remove Volume", confirm.
One more right click, select "New Single Volume", next, next, next... You may leave everything as default.

After creating the partition, you need to format it as FAT32. Then use my loader, it should work without errors."
 

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2539 on: October 28, 2024, 10:05:41 pm »
I updated the firmware, it works. But now I don't understand how I can restore the factory software (except for unsoldering the flash and flashing it) and how I can change the software to another your version, because Osclloscope is no longer detected as a Drive.
In github i see:"Loader allows you to return the oscilloscope card to the previous firmware, the new firmware is stored only on the SD card, where the original is loaded in the flash of the device. The safe solution is to use another SD card. Upload the firmware there, and insert the cards in the device."
I thought so and I formatted the SD card hoping to restore the original firmware, but the modified software still works :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2024, 10:21:38 pm by Zombie47 »
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2540 on: October 29, 2024, 07:14:19 am »
Formatting the SD card probably does not clear the section where the open source firmware resides. You have to clear sector 16, but I don't know how to do so on Windows.

Your picture shows that you are using version V1.012 which is already very old. The latest version allows you on startup to easily switch between original and open source.

Read at least the last 5 pages of this thread and you will see how it works.

As long as you did not brick the w25q16 or w25q32 of your device the original firmware will still be there. No need to re program it.

Offline cats-shadow

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: ru
    • Traces of the cat's shadow
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2541 on: October 29, 2024, 09:08:33 am »
Hi all!

First of all I want to say thanks to the developers of the open source oscilloscope firmware!

Now I have a question: after replacing the screen, the image was shifted to the right.
After flashing FNIRSI 1013D alternative firmware v0.025u and correcting timings  (from "1013D version 3" to the "1013D version 1" like described in the https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI_1013D_Firmware/blob/main/configuration_file.txt) the image returned to the correct position.

But when rebooting to the original firmware (via boot menu) the image is shifted again.
Can anyone suggest how to fix the situation? I would like to be able to work normally both with the original firmware and with alternative firmware.

73! Michael
R1BLH
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2542 on: October 29, 2024, 02:06:57 pm »
I updated the firmware, it works. But now I don't understand how I can restore the factory software (except for unsoldering the flash and flashing it) and how I can change the software to another your version, because Osclloscope is no longer detected as a Drive.
In github i see:"Loader allows you to return the oscilloscope card to the previous firmware, the new firmware is stored only on the SD card, where the original is loaded in the flash of the device. The safe solution is to use another SD card. Upload the firmware there, and insert the cards in the device."
I thought so and I formatted the SD card hoping to restore the original firmware, but the modified software still works :)
I should probably delete it all.  Do not use version 1.xxx.  Connect the oscilloscope to the usb of the computer, turn on the usb via the oscilloscope menu.  The version you have is not debugged and the connection takes more than 1 minute.  So you have to be patient.  After 2 minutes, the oscilloscope will definitely connect in Windows.  Upload the latest version 0.025 through the loader..... You will find it a few pages back.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: Zombie47

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2543 on: October 29, 2024, 02:25:26 pm »
Only rewrite data in flash.  PEter C would know where and what to rewrite. Or, theoretically, it would be possible to upload the original firmware there, which has the image shifted correctly.  Just be careful not to overwrite the data in the touch chip :D

PC: I can't find where the error is in the flash, I have to switch to 100mV, the signal values ​​are displayed badly.  To make a payment to fix some one bit?  By writing to flash. FNIRSI firmware
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2544 on: October 29, 2024, 02:55:13 pm »
Quote
Formatting the SD card probably does not clear the section where the open source firmware resides. You have to clear sector 16, but I don't know how to do so on Windows.

Your picture shows that you are using version V1.012 which is already very old. The latest version allows you on startup to easily switch between original and open source.

Read at least the last 5 pages of this thread and you will see how it works.

As long as you did not brick the w25q16 or w25q32 of your device the original firmware will still be there. No need to re program it.
LOL I don't understand how it works. Why Windows doesn't see the whole SD card partition. Because I deleted the SD card volume, created a new volume, did a full (not quick) format. And your software still works. I change the SD card and the original software works.
Ok i will read last 5 pages.

Quote
I should probably delete it all.  Do not use version 1.xxx.  Connect the oscilloscope to the usb of the computer, turn on the usb via the oscilloscope menu.  The version you have is not debugged and the connection takes more than 1 minute.  So you have to be patient.  After 2 minutes, the oscilloscope will definitely connect in Windows.  Upload the latest version 0.025 through the loader..... You will find it a few pages back.
Ok, I'll try. I'm a good PC user. But I'm lazy :)
 

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2545 on: October 29, 2024, 03:10:49 pm »
Quote
Upload the latest version 0.025 through the loader..... You will find it a few pages back.
This is what confused me. I thought ver 1.012 was the release version. And 0.025 is alpha or beta, an earlier version. Because 0.025 is a smaller number than 1.012.
 

Offline Zombie47

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2546 on: October 29, 2024, 03:17:32 pm »
Quote
Upload the latest version 0.025 through the loader..... You will find it a few pages back.
I found many versions of 0.025. What do you recommend, which version should I install, the most stable and tested one.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2547 on: October 29, 2024, 04:11:56 pm »
LOL I don't understand how it works. Why Windows doesn't see the whole SD card partition. Because I deleted the SD card volume, created a new volume, did a full (not quick) format. And your software still works. I change the SD card and the original software works.

On the SD card there are a bunch of sectors that are not part of the actual partition that hold the file system.

There is the MBR (master boot record), partition table, unused space. It is in the unused space before the actual partition that the open source firmware sits.

When formatting a partition this unused space is not touched by the process, so any data that is there will still be there after formatting. Only when you make the partition bigger and take the unused space as part of it will it be touched, but than the open source firmware can't be installed any more.

Offline Randy222

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1804
  • Country: ca
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2548 on: October 29, 2024, 04:16:17 pm »
I don't have the 1013d model, but I did go look.
Not much for "recent" from FNIRSI, but this github area is something to look at
https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D

... and it makes reference back to this thread, and perhaps vice-versa.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2549 on: October 29, 2024, 04:23:37 pm »
Now I have a question: after replacing the screen, the image was shifted to the right.
After flashing FNIRSI 1013D alternative firmware v0.025u and correcting timings  (from "1013D version 3" to the "1013D version 1" like described in the https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI_1013D_Firmware/blob/main/configuration_file.txt) the image returned to the correct position.

But when rebooting to the original firmware (via boot menu) the image is shifted again.
Can anyone suggest how to fix the situation? I would like to be able to work normally both with the original firmware and with alternative firmware.

Hi cats-shadow,

welcome to the forum.

Your problem confuses me a bit. I'm trying to figure why it would be shifted out of position when booting to the original firmware.

I have not looked at the code that Atlan wrote for the boot menu, so can't tell what is done at what point in the process.

If Atlan is willing to do this, a solution that springs to mind is to instead of starting the original firmware directly by loading the code from FLASH address 0x27000, run the original boot loader by loading the code from FLASH address 0x00000. It will then use the full original code including the displaying of the FNIRSI image and should have the display working with the correct parameters, and thus with the proper aligning.



Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->