Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1488846 times)

engineer.r152 and 53 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cronyx

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: ua
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2600 on: December 07, 2024, 11:22:26 am »
If I record like this, then after starting the picture freezes and does not change in any way.
 

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2601 on: December 12, 2024, 02:13:16 pm »
Please help. My TP died. I bought a new one on Aliexpress. I thought I would install it and it would work. The original panel had a GT911. The new one is a GT9157. The new panel has inverted X and Y and on a smaller area. Using FNIRSI_Firmware_Loader.exe you can swap the FW, but any changes and writing TP parameters has no effect. TP no change. I've been reading everything I can for a week and I can't think of anything. Can you please advise me?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2602 on: December 12, 2024, 02:38:24 pm »
It will be easier to buy the right TP.

 A different type of IO will have a different i2c address (not write config) and possibly different registers.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2603 on: December 12, 2024, 02:42:25 pm »
If I record like this, then after starting the picture freezes and does not change in any way.
(Attachment Link)
There was little information and pictures.  Why are you uploading the configuration there, the FW is already uploaded?  Boot configuration is set as?
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2604 on: December 12, 2024, 05:04:28 pm »
Please help. My TP died. I bought a new one on Aliexpress. I thought I would install it and it would work. The original panel had a GT911. The new one is a GT9157. The new panel has inverted X and Y and on a smaller area. Using FNIRSI_Firmware_Loader.exe you can swap the FW, but any changes and writing TP parameters has no effect. TP no change. I've been reading everything I can for a week and I can't think of anything. Can you please advise me?

Hi mirek, and welcome to the forum.

First of unless you want a lot of spam, I would advise you to contact the moderators and ask them to change your user name. (You can press the "report to moderator" link in the right corner of a post and ask it via that channel)

Then about your touch panel problem. For what I can find the GT911 and GT9157 are interchangeable, so no real problem there, but the configuration of the touch panel is most likely different and not matching what is needed for both the original firmware and the new open source firmware.

The problem can be resolved by writing a new configuration to the touch panel ic. How to do this is not that difficult, but it does require some knowledge about the actual panel you have.

Getting the current configuration of the panel can be done with the firmware backup tool I wrote. https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack/tree/main/Test%20code/fnirsi_1013d_firmware_backup
This will create a file on the SD card that holds the configuration of the touch panel. Hopefully it has not been rewritten by the original firmware of your scope. The original firmware of my first 1013D scope used to do this.

By changing this configuration to what it needs to be, resolution and orientation wise, it is possible to get it working as intended. But getting the configuration written back into the touch panel  is a bit more of an issue. It can be done with the code written for the 1013D, but you have to compile your own version to make this happen.

My hack repository https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack/tree/main holds a lot of information about the scope including the touch panel, because a defective touch panel is what got me started on reverse engineering this scope.

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2605 on: December 13, 2024, 06:08:31 pm »
Thank you very much for the answer. I probably can't handle this. I played with programming and compilation 35 years ago. I generated the files, but I don't know what the HEX values ​​are for. When the 1013d broke down, I bought a Rigol DHO804. But I'm afraid, especially when measuring switched power supplies, that I'll make a mistake and ruin it. So I wanted to revive the 1013d. It's also better for measuring on cars. Powered by a battery. And most importantly, I can't throw anything away. I didn't know about different types of touch panels. The seller wrote that it belongs to the 1013d. According to what I read, after buying the GT911, it's not certain that it will work. Should I try buying the GT911? Thanks in advance for the answer.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000067770044.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller.5.621auyfUuyfUE2&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.291025.0&scm_id=1007.13339.291025.0&scm-url=1007.13339.291025.0&pvid=f104690d-fa83-47ef-bcdf-e48aba1ea412&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller,scm-url:1007.13339.291025.0,pvid:f104690d-fa83-47ef-bcdf-e48aba1ea412,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238108%231977&isseo=y&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21CZK%21269.98%21259.18%21%21%2180.22%2177.01%21%402103890117341123549388995eb038%2110000000174469290%21rec%21CZ%21832046126%21XZ&utparam-url=scene%3ApcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller%7Cquery_from%3A
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2606 on: December 13, 2024, 07:42:26 pm »
From the page you provided the 7-inch middle line (right most option) is probably a good one.

I ordered the one I used from this shop https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33003864443.html. The B 7-inch one.

Which version of the 1013D do you have? The old one with the BNC connectors sticking outside of the scope, or the newer one with them "inside" the scope. It should work in either version, but I know that some versions of the firmware write a configuration to the touch panel and some don't.

Do you have a computer that runs Linux? And do you have a SD card reader/writer? If so it is easy enough to load my firmware backup program and get the touch panel configuration of the one you bought before. Post it here together with some good pictures of the touch panel. I can probably setup a proper configuration for the touch panel based on that information and write up a modification to my backup program to allow you to write back the proper configuration.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2607 on: December 13, 2024, 07:54:08 pm »
I think a few pages ago, the problem with TP was solved and 3 versions of the configuration were created.  Just upload it and it will be recorded in the TP.  But first it would like to find out what is actually there.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2608 on: December 13, 2024, 08:02:47 pm »
I think a few pages ago, the problem with TP was solved and 3 versions of the configuration were created.  Just upload it and it will be recorded in the TP.  But first it would like to find out what is actually there.

Most likely. And many pages before that too, etc. It is a recurring issue.

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2609 on: December 13, 2024, 08:20:20 pm »
I bought it at Bangood under the Daniu brand. Connectors outside. In the picture. It probably won't be a problem to load Linux on a laptop from a flash drive. Link to the extracted files with the original SD. Does the panel on the Aliex link also need a flash drive?

https://webshare.cz/#/group/oficf5Jcz2/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2024, 08:52:03 pm by email hidden »
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2610 on: December 13, 2024, 08:42:44 pm »
Ok, the old version. Should work either way. The new touch panel seems to have different edge widths than the original, so I wonder if it even fits properly in the case.

The panel does not need a flash drive. The configuration is stored in internal flash memory of the GT911 or GT9157.

I will look into the configuration you provided on that sharing site. A next time it would be easier if you just attached it to your post on this forum. No translation of foreign language needed.  |O


Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2611 on: December 13, 2024, 09:02:25 pm »
The last file didn't take it. Too big. The panel is exactly the same size. It fits perfectly into the frame.
If you say that the panel from your link will work. I'll buy it. I don't want to add work to you, take up your time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2024, 09:09:57 pm by email hidden »
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2612 on: December 14, 2024, 06:42:40 am »
The last file didn't take it. Too big. The panel is exactly the same size. It fits perfectly into the frame.
If you say that the panel from your link will work. I'll buy it. I don't want to add work to you, take up your time.

Well that is the problem, I can't say for sure that it will. When I got mine it also had reversed coordinates. Has to do with the way the sensors on the glass panel are connected to the controller chip. Easily fixed with the configuration of the panel, but when the firmware of the scope forces it's own configuration onto the panel, like mine did, you are somewhat up shit creek. It is what led to the long journey that started on page 19 of this thread.  :-DD

And I don't mind spending a little bit of time on this. Being retired, I have all the time in the world.  8)

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2613 on: December 14, 2024, 11:31:01 am »
Ok. I have to wait a little longer for retirement. We can easily try to get this TP going. It's up to you what you prioritize and I might learn something new. Thanks for now. MČ
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2614 on: December 14, 2024, 12:34:47 pm »
I looked at your touch panel configuration, and I think it has not been reconfigured by the scope.

Does your original touch panel still work a bit, or is it completely dead? If it still works a bit, it would help to get the configuration of that one too.

The problem is that the 1013D has been released with a couple of different versions of the touch panel and have the firmware adjusted to work with it. To cope with this the new open source firmware reads the configuration and uses the settings to calculate the correct coordinates for the user interface code. It should work with your new touch panel and the correct reversal settings in the firmware configuration file.

Your original post seems to indicate, however, that changing these settings does not change the coordinates. Is this true for just the original firmware, or also for the open source firmware?

If it is just with the original firmware, it is needed to change the configuration of the touch panel to make it work with it.

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2615 on: December 14, 2024, 06:09:36 pm »
I tested using Fnirsi_loader various FW. Even the PECOs sCOPE (long clicks relays). TP works the same in all variants. There has never been any change. Touchpad rotated 180° and Y reduced by a third.
Theoretically, I can use the new TP to load a backup. Then it has to turn off. At that moment, I can connect the old TP. After turning it on, it should read the old one. Or load the backup onto a card and insert it with the old TP. The error is in the input. GT911 should be fine. Is this the right reasoning?
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2616 on: December 14, 2024, 06:33:33 pm »
Strange that it did not work properly with the new firmware.

But for the getting the config of the old touch panel, yes you can load the firmware backup to the scope with the new touch panel connected, turn it of, connect the old one and turn it back on. It should capture the config of the old one and then you can copy it from the SD card and post it here.

The configuration of your new touch panel is setup for 1024*600 instead of 800*480 that is used in the original one of the scope I first bought. But based on this both X and Y range should be limited. Maybe a video showing what it does with both the original firmware and the latest version Atlan made could provide some more insight in the problem.

You can't post the video here, but youtube is free and easy to use for this. (At least for as far as I know)

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2617 on: December 14, 2024, 07:49:16 pm »
I would consider uploading one of the first firmwares with a bootloader, where image shifting and the option of booting have not yet been tested.  Not everything that was programmed was tested, on the other hand, no one reported a problem with image shift or coordinates.  (shifting the res image, its correction definitely works, because someone here had a problem and it was fixed and it works) I haven't tried whether the change of coordinates works.  The bootloader loads the configuration of the display and TP into the ram, and this data is used to correct the image shift in boot mode and the oscilloscope (but I'm not sure if the TP correction is applied in boot mode), I would have to look, but the easiest way is to start the loader and change the configuration  bits and try to see if it will have an effect in the boot mode.
P. S.
When I have time and mood.  I will make a txt with a list of changes in individual fw releases.  I really don't want to, because there are a lot of them
« Last Edit: December 14, 2024, 07:52:44 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: rozwell

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2618 on: December 14, 2024, 09:12:39 pm »
I use the second card as well. The result is the same.
No change of files with the old panel in TP. The rest are differences.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2619 on: December 15, 2024, 07:12:48 am »
The differences in the other files are changes in the settings of the scope.

The fact that the touch panel configuration is the same does mean that the scope wrote a new configuration to the new touch panel, which makes it a bit more complicated, but explains some of the other issues.

To be able to use the panel with your scope, or any other non matching new panel you might get, it is necessary to modify the original firmware. Not a big deal, since I have done it before. What also needs to be done is to create a proper configuration for the new touch panel, such that it works full range again.

To do the latter I need some photos of the panel, where you can see the connections on the glass. I have to see if the photos of the GT9157 chip are good enough to spot the connections.

What I think is the case here, is that the panel uses more sensor lines in hardware, than the configuration sets in the software. Again something I have ran into before, but need to make sure we get it right.

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2620 on: December 15, 2024, 10:31:04 am »
Obr.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2621 on: December 15, 2024, 12:20:43 pm »
I count 28 x 16 connections to the panel. The chip supports 26 * 14 sensor lines, so it probably uses all the available ones. This requires some testing with configurations.

Can you see more of the sensors on the other side of the panel?

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6104
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2622 on: December 15, 2024, 12:40:45 pm »
Well, with the original firmware of your scope we are in luck. It matches the one in the first of these scopes I bought. I have a version that has the writing to the touch panel configuration disabled.

Do you have some programmer to write the flash ic?

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2623 on: December 15, 2024, 12:50:47 pm »
Sorry. I don't know what sensors you mean. I'm sending a picture of the back side of the connections.
 

Offline email hidden

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: cz
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2624 on: December 15, 2024, 12:57:42 pm »
Unfortunately I don't have anything on the flash ic. What should it be? I'll order it.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->