Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 1465091 times)

0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2875 on: April 19, 2025, 07:12:09 pm »
50% sets the trigger to 50% once. Previously, there was unused space there, so I put a 50% button there. When the complete redesign is finished. There will be 12 voltage buttons.

 I don't see much point in changing the colors for the user, it will unnecessarily complicate the programmer's life.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK, s-petersen

Online tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31958
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2876 on: April 19, 2025, 10:12:32 pm »

What is the 50% button for by the way? When it is needed maybe you can move it to the lower part of the menu with a separate section.
Within a channel menu it's normally to set the VPos to 50% (middle of display)

In a Trigger menu it's to set the trigger level to 50% of the waveforms amplitude.

Each has a distinctly different use.....this should be intuitive so users can make sense of it.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline s-petersen

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2877 on: April 20, 2025, 01:11:19 am »
Is this firmware still compatible with the 1014D, or did it change too much to work on it?.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2878 on: April 20, 2025, 06:21:52 am »

What is the 50% button for by the way? When it is needed maybe you can move it to the lower part of the menu with a separate section.
Within a channel menu it's normally to set the VPos to 50% (middle of display)

In a Trigger menu it's to set the trigger level to 50% of the waveforms amplitude.

Each has a distinctly different use.....this should be intuitive so users can make sense of it.  ;)

I have not come across a scope that has this feature of setting the trace position to the middle of the screen with a 50% button, but it makes some sense.

On the 1013D there is, was, a button to set the trigger level to 50%, but is was not in the trigger menu.

50% sets the trigger to 50% once. Previously, there was unused space there, so I put a 50% button there. When the complete redesign is finished. There will be 12 voltage buttons.

Based on Atlan his explanation he added it to set the trigger to the center of the trace, but only once. There is a system menu setting with which it can be set to automatically revert to this position on the start of every new acquisition.

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2879 on: April 20, 2025, 06:22:52 am »
Is this firmware still compatible with the 1014D, or did it change too much to work on it?.

This firmware never has been compatible with the 1014D.

Offline s-petersen

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2880 on: April 20, 2025, 12:38:41 pm »
I thought in the beginning it was, and you had to swap something in software to make it work with the controls, from reading the 1014d thread, and that thread seems to have gone dead. The 1014d I have has a strange issue, and I thought it might be a software issue.If I take a LI battery and measure the voltage with the positive on the probe I get 3.8v, and if I flip polarity I get 4.10v, so I wasn't sure software or hardware. Channel 2 is similar.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2881 on: April 20, 2025, 02:03:52 pm »
I thought in the beginning it was, and you had to swap something in software to make it work with the controls, from reading the 1014d thread, and that thread seems to have gone dead.

Only small parts have been reused, but seen that the user interface is very different I wrote the 1014D firmware from the ground up, mimicking the original as much as possible. As I got bored with it I did not finish it. The source is on github for any one who likes to pick it up.

The 1014d I have has a strange issue, and I thought it might be a software issue.If I take a LI battery and measure the voltage with the positive on the probe I get 3.8v, and if I flip polarity I get 4.10v, so I wasn't sure software or hardware. Channel 2 is similar.

That is indeed a bit of a weird issue, but it might well be a hardware issue depending on other connections to the battery and the scope forming a possible ground path. The BNC's on the 1014D are lifted to ~1.2V on the ground ring to allow the input swing to be from ~0 to 2.5V. Absolute crap design.


Offline s-petersen

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2882 on: April 20, 2025, 02:55:09 pm »
 Not too technical, but how does the scope determine the voltage it reports? If it is hardware, where do I look? Great detective work on these scopes! Thank you! This is the sacrificial scope, for everyday use, The TDS2012 when finish it will be the "important" scope, I also have a parts TDS2024b coming, if I can fix it. The most I will use these for is shortwave radio alignments, and maybe some low spec electronics like Raspberry Pi stuff.
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2883 on: April 20, 2025, 04:28:10 pm »
Not too technical, but how does the scope determine the voltage it reports? If it is hardware, where do I look?

The schematics are in my repository for the 1013D and 1014D hack, and it starts on the analog input sheet. After the BNC there is a resistor divider and filter network feeding into the positive side of the opamp. (denoted U17 for channel 1) The output of the opamp is fed into the ADC on the ADC / DAC sheet. The ADC converts the voltage into a digital number, which is stored in the sample memory housed in the FPGA found on the data acquisition sheet. The digital reading of the ADC is partially controlled with the offset voltage generated by the FPGA. This can also lead to a deviation between positive and negative readings, now that I think about it.

You can measure the opamp output voltage with a digital multi meter when you have your probe on the battery you try to measure. You can also check the offset voltage on the ADC pins, or the smoothing capacitors near it. (denoted C28 and C29 for channel 1)

Offline s-petersen

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2884 on: April 20, 2025, 04:42:51 pm »
I'll have the scope apart when my chip comes in, then I will get a chance to look at it, Thanks for the explanation! I wonder if anyone else has this issue?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2025, 04:44:49 pm by s-petersen »
 

Offline TA4DIL

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 25
  • Country: tr
  • Electronics Engineer
    • FNIRSI1013D
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2885 on: April 20, 2025, 11:54:45 pm »
Hi Atlan, I just installed V0.26p7, it looks great with the new menu layout and updated trigger menu. I follow your excellent work, thank you very much for your efforts.
Adil Cetin A License Amateur Radio Operator
Call Sign: TA4DIL QTH: Antalya / Türkiye
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2886 on: April 21, 2025, 03:55:20 am »
If the firmware (letter and number) is v0.26-p7, it is a backup of the firmware in progress. I do not recommend installing and using it at all.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: TA4DIL

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2887 on: April 21, 2025, 07:28:24 am »
Endless torment (if else if) in the statemachine.c (buttons) But it will probably work.

PC: What is the purpose of Display set fg color and bg color? What is the correct usage?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2025, 07:47:42 am by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2888 on: April 21, 2025, 08:31:19 am »
Hi Atlan  :) I'm a bit confused as you typically release firmware as a text file on the forum which i use . I've looked through the thread and currently have Firmware V0.26o in text format, which I use on my 1013D Oscilloscope. Can you confirm if this is correct? i cant see v0.26-p7 and you say dont use -  :-+ Thanks
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2889 on: April 21, 2025, 08:39:29 am »
PC: What is the purpose of Display set fg color and bg color? What is the correct usage?

fg ==> foreground color is used for drawing objects like lines, dots, etc. So functions like display_draw_line() and display_draw_arc() make use of the color set with the display_set_fg_color() function.

bg ==> background color is used to fill in the background when copying for instance icons to the screen buffer. For instance the function display_copy_icon_use_colors() makes use of both these color settings.

The functions to draw the pointers overwrite the foreground color with the background color after drawing the pointer itself, to display the text in the given background color. These functions do not use the background color when drawing the pointer. The pixels that are not on remain on the color that was there before.

Basically the background color is not used that much. The foreground color is used for most of the drawing functions to color the active pixels.

Maybe not the most practical or optimal solution, but that is what you get when developing without first making specifications of what is needed and let things grow and change as you get along.

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2890 on: April 21, 2025, 08:41:33 am »
Hi Atlan  :) I'm a bit confused as you typically release firmware as a text file on the forum which i use . I've looked through the thread and currently have Firmware V0.26o in text format, which I use on my 1013D Oscilloscope. Can you confirm if this is correct? i cant see v0.26-p7 and you say dont use -  :-+ Thanks

The .txt has no real meaning as to what the file is. It is just to fool the forum software as it does not allow files with a .bin extension to be attached, so we add a .txt extension. It still is a binary file though.

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2891 on: April 21, 2025, 08:51:26 am »
Hi pcprogrammer  :) Thank you! I’ve always relied on the text file shared on the forum and found it works well for me. Will this approach now be changing??  I’ve been using the forum-provided firmware for the past 12 months without any issues, as it’s consistently stable. :-+

I had a look at the link provided, but I’m still a bit unsure  :-// about what to use with the bootloader—apologies if I’m missing something obvious, especially if the current text-based firmware on the forum has been thoroughly tested and proven stable? Thanks again  :-+
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2892 on: April 21, 2025, 08:58:32 am »
pcprogrammer  :) ignore my last message did not read your comment correctly now i under stand :palm: ref .bin thankyou  :-+
 

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2893 on: April 21, 2025, 09:13:57 am »
Atlan with v0.26p my REF don't work on my 1013D :palm:.. i will sit back and wait till text firmware is back on the forum as firmware tested :-+ thank you
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2894 on: April 21, 2025, 12:02:06 pm »
Atlan, the menu layout is great! Thanks!
But, changing the subject, something I sometimes miss is, in the "ACQ Long" mode, being able to pause the scan (run/stop button) after capturing a signal and use the cursors to measure time and voltage without the signal disappearing from the screen. Because every time the cursors are moved, the signal disappears.
I'll fix it, you have to be patient. I'll look at it later, plus it doesn't work in waveform mode, zoom. Tapping it clears the waveform. And I'm sure it used to work.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: ECJ, TA4DIL

Offline Russell2024UK

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: gb
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2895 on: April 21, 2025, 12:04:18 pm »
Thankyou  :-+
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2896 on: April 21, 2025, 06:43:49 pm »
Which settings icon? The fifth one from the top? The generator icon? The second one from the bottom? But it doesn't have sharp triangles.
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 

Offline engineer.r152

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: ru
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2897 on: April 21, 2025, 06:49:35 pm »
the icon that reveals the meaning of the button seems to be the last one.
 

Offline bffargo

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 93
  • Country: us
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2898 on: April 21, 2025, 07:16:02 pm »
General "Settings" is pretty much a gear icon these days. But depends what it will contain if you have different settings?
 

Offline Atlan

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1049
  • Country: sk
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2899 on: April 21, 2025, 07:38:55 pm »
Settings
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.
Firmware is here (or not) https://github.com/Atlan4/Fnirsi1013D/tree/main/Guide%20to%20firmware
 
The following users thanked this post: facekim, Russell2024UK


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->