Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 748953 times)

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Russ3000

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: il
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1200 on: November 02, 2022, 08:16:45 pm »
Seems fine  :-+

Edit: New software update available: 2022.10.28
They tried to fix a bug with connecting 50 Ω in the generator, but they made new bugs. Now the voltage when switching the load of the generator abruptly decreases by 2 times.
It is necessary and sufficient that when the load is switched to 50 Ω, the generator voltage indicator shows 2 times less, and when the generator load is switched to 1MΩ, it shows the real voltage. Everything. |O
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1201 on: November 02, 2022, 08:27:57 pm »
Hantek way: 2+2=?  ???  "Delete this code"
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 
The following users thanked this post: bingo8

Offline Russ3000

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: il
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1202 on: November 02, 2022, 08:33:41 pm »
Hantek way: 2+2=?  ???  "Delete this code"
A math textbook was smoked at school. :palm:
 

Offline bingo8

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1203 on: November 04, 2022, 07:12:30 pm »
I bought a new DSO2D15 last week. It had firmware 3204, unreliable USB connections and couldn't decode/trigger on UART. I backed up everything, installed firmware 3205, applied USB Fix, and restored Hardware info (from the backup). EVERYTHING I tried works now, including USB and UART trigger/decode. Despite all the bad things said, I love this scope! THANKS DAVIDALFA!!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 05:41:34 pm by bingo8 »
 

Offline Dezmond2

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 24
  • Country: ua
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1204 on: November 04, 2022, 07:23:14 pm »
I bought a new DSO2D15 last week. It had firmware 3204, unreliable USB connections and couldn't decode/trigger on UART. I backed up everything, installed firmware 3205, applied USB Fix, and restored Hardware info (from the backup). EVERYTHING I tried works now, including USB and UART trigger/decode. Despite all the bad things said, I love this scope! THANKS DAVIDALPHA!!!!
It's a Bingo, congratulations  :clap:
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1205 on: November 04, 2022, 07:30:14 pm »
Congratulations!
You're the first user reading the FAQ/thread, following the available instructions and finally making its first message without asking the same stuff again!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, not an engineering marvel, but if you got it cheap it's pretty decent.
What did you pay for it? Looked few days ago, prices had doubled since 2021.
Definitely not buying it for $350!!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 

Offline bingo8

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1206 on: November 05, 2022, 03:53:10 am »
$260 from an Amazon seller, including the DSO2D15 scope, two probes with various probe adapters and clips and cables and connectors. When I documented my experiences with the USB and UART decoding problems, and asked for a FW update, they forwarded me a zip archive of a "platform-tools_fpga_3205" folder layout with the FW3205 images and very terse installation instructions. I relied much on your FAQ for fuller context. Their instructions only covered the FW update; the scope's front USB was almost unusable after that, and the hardware info was missing from the System Info screen. But your advice and .upk files all worked like a charm to round out the final result of everything working nicely. (THANKS THANKS THANKS)

Here's what their cmds.bat looked like:

  sunxi-fel uboot images/uboot_fb.bin
  fastboot flash boot images/uboot-with-spl-spinand.bin
  fastboot flash logo images/logo3.bin
  fastboot flash dtb images/suniv-f1c100s-licheepi-nano.dtb
  fastboot flash kernel images/uImage

  fastboot flash rootfssize images/rootfs.size
  rem fastboot flash rootfs images/rootfs.ubifs
  fastboot -S 20M flash rootfsa images/rootfs.ubifsaa
  fastboot -S 20M flash rootfsb images/rootfs.ubifsab
 
  fastboot flash cache images/cache.ubifs
  fastboot flash data images/data.ubifs
  fastboot reboot

If it would be helpful, I can send you a link to a copy of the folder they sent me, particularly the images sub-folder that contains all the binaries used in cmds.bat. Cheers!
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1207 on: November 05, 2022, 12:02:24 pm »
. . . they forwarded me a zip archive of a "platform-tools_fpga_3205" folder layout with the FW3205 images and very terse installation instructions.

If it would be helpful, I can send you a link to a copy of the folder they sent me, particularly the images sub-folder that contains all the binaries used in cmds.bat.

Could you please post the link to a copy of a "platform-tools_fpga_3205".
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 12:36:07 pm by vistorik »
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1208 on: November 05, 2022, 01:53:19 pm »
Currently uploading to the Hantek drive ;)
I ran out of space, I'm migrating everything to a new account, links in the FAQ are currently broken, wait about 20 minutes.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 
The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline bingo8

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1209 on: November 05, 2022, 01:54:54 pm »
Could you please post the link to a copy of a "platform-tools_fpga_3205".
Thanks in advance.

Sent via pm.
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1210 on: November 05, 2022, 03:33:57 pm »
So in this update Hantek is no longer flashing rootfs.ubifs.
Turns out it's unnecessary (Blank filesystem?), can be skipped and directly proceed with flashing rootfs.ubifsaa and rootfs.ubifsab.
All the .ubi files are unused, seems to be the original ubi images before they were ubinized into the .ubifs files.
And sure, I tested this in the worst-case scenario, zeroing the whole flash, then restoring with this, worked perfectly.

After cleaning all the useless stuff the size dropped dramatically!
So much that I made a Platform-tools package with all versions fitting in just 47MB.
Added a simple choice script, simplified the driver installation into running "install_driver.bat", Zadig or Phoenix_msi are no longer required.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 12:26:37 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 
The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint, Russ3000

Offline Dezmond2

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 24
  • Country: ua
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1211 on: November 05, 2022, 06:17:56 pm »
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1212 on: November 05, 2022, 07:42:56 pm »
Could you please post the link to a copy of a "platform-tools_fpga_3205".
Thanks in advance.

Sent via pm.
I'm sorry, but I didn't get the link via pm. What is pm? - personal message? No link in My Messages. Could you please send the link once more.
Thanks
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1213 on: November 05, 2022, 10:53:40 pm »
Yes PM means that.
I uploaded it here. I will delete it in a few days.

Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 
The following users thanked this post: Russ3000, vzayka

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1214 on: November 05, 2022, 11:18:39 pm »
I uploaded it here. I will delete it in a few days.
Thanks
 

Offline badbod

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: th
    • BaDboD
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1215 on: November 06, 2022, 05:26:07 am »
gaahh,  I thought I had this working under Windows 11 22H2,  but in my messing about it seems I had removed the 22H2  so it works on the previous, (21H2?)  but not 22H2.

tested with fresh installs and several versions inc Win 10 22H2 (works)  but does not in Win 11 22H2.

Also tried  the latest IVI shared components from ivifoundation.org   which work fine in all versions Except Win 11 22H2

If anyone has got it working then please let me know how.

BaDboD
 

Offline Dezmond2

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 24
  • Country: ua
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1216 on: November 06, 2022, 03:38:44 pm »
How measure wfm/s without ext trig out?
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1217 on: November 06, 2022, 05:13:42 pm »
No idea.
Anyone knows how to view exported waves exported in native LWF format? Or huge CSV files?
I mean, no simple csv to picture converters, but interactive viewers that let you move, zoom in/out.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 

Offline Dezmond2

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 24
  • Country: ua
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1218 on: November 06, 2022, 08:00:45 pm »
 
The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint, Russ3000

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1219 on: November 06, 2022, 09:46:13 pm »
Yeah, I knew it. But uses Python. Which I hate for several reasons.
It's nice for some scripts, but people use it for large workloads.
Any change to the window, movement, takes 5 seconds. Only uses 15% of the cpu...
Slow as hell and almost unusable controls. But lots of potential if done right.

In the end I exported to csv and used Flow CSV Viewer.
Works great, it's extremely fast and has a very handy interface.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 09:52:06 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 

Offline bingo8

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 5
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1220 on: November 07, 2022, 02:38:01 am »
Just to show a real screen shot of DSO2D15 UART decode, at 115200 baud, here it is. It was a stream of ASCII characters "ABCD...", using the UART "Spec data" trigger of 43x (the letter "C").
1633372-0
The UART decoder seemed to cause lockups when used with misconfigured triggers. I found it helpful to keep UART decode turned off until I had my trigger working right. The UART decoder was reasonably stable when used with the UART trigger. I was able to configure an Interval Trigger to pick up the start of my uart stream, and that worked well.
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6920
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1221 on: November 07, 2022, 02:47:09 am »
If you're going to work a lot with the uart decoder, consider trying the patcher to get ASCII output instead hex.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 

Offline Russ3000

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: il
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1222 on: November 07, 2022, 06:49:58 am »
Friends, does anyone know the purpose of the TR line of the power supply?
There is a positive experience of powering the digital part of the device from the power bank. The analog part can be powered from an isolated converter DC - DC 5 -> 2x9 volts, 0.13A, for example REC3-0509DRW, while my analog part is powered by a transformer.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 08:01:30 am by Russ3000 »
 
The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31963
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1223 on: November 07, 2022, 06:58:30 am »
Friends, does anyone know the purpose of the TR line of the power supply?
Probably Trigger Reference to mains, what most brands call a Line Trigger.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 
The following users thanked this post: Russ3000

Offline morgan_flint

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 99
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1224 on: November 07, 2022, 12:09:18 pm »
Friends, does anyone know the purpose of the TR line of the power supply?
Probably Trigger Reference to mains, what most brands call a Line Trigger.

It's precisely that, it shouldn't be necessary if not using line trigger.

But a user has reported problems in the boot procedure when this signal is absent, but I tried shorting it to GND (no problems, there are high-value resistors upstream) and the scope booted without problems.

As you can see in the schematics, the TR signal is not only connected to the triggering circuitry but also to the FPGA, as you can see here and here. That may explain cristy's problems but, as I said, I didn't see anything strange in my case.

In the worst case, that signal can be recreated by a 50-60 Hz oscillator (555 or similar) for battery operation but I see in your experiment you didn't need it to boot the scope

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 12:15:02 pm by morgan_flint »
 
The following users thanked this post: Russ3000


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->