Author Topic: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD  (Read 48840 times)

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2023, 09:17:49 pm »

You asked and got your answer. It is superior in it's capabilities, having many functions that were until few years ago only in mid range scopes, some that even DHO4000 does not have (at least at the moment)....

Please read carefully what I have said. I didn't ask. I have made an observation. I am not agree with that expression " Everyithing else", because the scope is basically in the same configuration (I said why) as HDO 1K, plus some whistles, and minus others ...

I don't want to argue or offend you but you are not correct. I read it and it is you who underestimates.

In addition to what DHO1000 has, SDS1000X HD will additionally have (just most important facts):

- 50Ω inputs
- 0,5% DC accuracy (5mV/div and up)
- much larger offset range. Very useful in power electronics work.
-4 full math channels. That means arbitrary formula math.
- Layout of measurements where you can have 5 measurements with full stats and histograms for all the measurements at the same time. That alone is worth buying it. You should try and you would understand.
- Trend plots
- Track plot
- 2Mpoint FFT with full parameter control
- Bode Plot II with multiple channels.
- MSO capability (1 GS/s speed)
- Power analysis suite...
- Segmented mode with full functionality (measurements, math, decode etc)
- History mode with full functionality (measurements, math, decode etc)
- I won't compare decoding because that is moving target and both will have more than enough. But it will have CAN FD and FlexRay at release.

In analytic features SDS1000X HD  is closer (and even better in many parameters) to LeCroy WaveSurfer 4000HD.

Saying it "basically the same" as a barebone simple scope with just basic analytic capabilities, because it also has 12 bit converters, similar amount of memory and similar 10" screen is simply not true.

That doesn't devalue or attempts to show Rigol DHO1000 as being bad. I think it is a great little scope for the money, an affordable way to get decent 12 bit performance (I'm trusting here to published data, unless someone proves different. I didn't verify it myself.) . But limited it is, and that is not my fault. Don't shoot the messenger. Rigol decided to make it simpler to keep the price low. I don't imply that Rigol as manufacturer  is somehow inferior and couldn't make a more capable scope. Of course they could, they are serious company. It was deliberate conscious  decision on their part to target that part of market, lover cost part. They obviously have a calculation that it will sell in numbers they will be happy with in this config.
For the more demanding use, they will bet on DHO4000 and probably develop that one more with time. They might even release DHO2000 that will be something in the middle. Who knows...

But historically Rigol didn't try to emulate LeCroy type of analytic scopes, but where more Keysight type (given their history, not surprising).
In this new series they actually emulate R&S in some regards. Math channels config is modeled after RTB2000. Graphical channel setup resembles some R&S solutions. They dropped very high WFMS/s from previous generation and now have more slow refresh rates (in normal acquisition mode). And UltraAcq is a copy of FastAcq from Tektronix that had very limited capabilities, and unfortunately they copied that too.

OTOH, Siglent makes scopes similar in philosophy to LeCroy.  That are pretty much best analytic scopes. Which also means some people don't like them (they are not meant to be analog CRT scope replacement) or know how to use them. Too complicated, too mathy....Many people just want to see some squiggles on the screen, do some measurements, cursors etc. To be able to stop acquisition, move around, decode some protocols every now and then. That is very fine. Good for them. But fact that I have no use for something does not make it useless.

In that case proper thing to say would be : I have no use for these advanced features this product has. This other product simpler, but has all the features I need and better price. To me it provides better value and in practical terms, because of my limited use, it will provide me with equivalent service, because although this other product is more capable I would never use those advanced features so it is same to me.
And you would make a good decision in that case. 

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Jacon, Mortymore, sebyon

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2023, 09:43:25 pm »
I said what I want to say ...
For me is the same .
Single ADC
2 GS/s
200 MHz
12 bit
100 Mpts
noise floor 70uV
and also 4 MATH Channels !

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2023, 09:56:45 pm »
I have a car, a Skoda, it has four wheels and a steering wheel.
A Mercedes also has only four wheels and a steering wheel.
So everything is good, no reason to argue.

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2023, 10:01:26 pm »
You make the same mistake as before.
This is what I'm trying to say. Siglent is not Mercedes, is just a SEAT if Rigol is a SKODA  ;D 

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2023, 10:34:54 pm »
Rigol is a SKODA  ;D

I never heard of Skoda before, but they look a lot nicer than anything Rigol has ever produced. 🤷
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 11:13:10 pm »
I said what I want to say ...
For me is the same .
Single ADC
2 GS/s
200 MHz
12 bit
100 Mpts
noise floor 70uV
and also 4 MATH Channels !

At this point you either really don't understand the difference, which is sad because education was offered but not accepted or you are deliberately provoking...
I rest my case. To you, it is the same. I get it. Sorry for bothering you.

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2023, 06:54:55 am »

I also have a skoda, and would pick a skoda over a mercedes any day (i also work with cars so this comes from different angles  >:D still hoping for the skoda version of the multivan, but i will probably get a scudo when the time comes, hopefully then we'll haveno another diesel engine from fiat, not that crap from PSA - wonder if they will go to lawsuit, who has it knows why)
i would never say a skoda is like rigol
dacia/renault is like rigol, fairly good cheap stuff but can't write software, nor design an UI for shit
skoda is like siglent, cheapish, good quality hardware and good software

To bring some meaningful words to this thread, seems to me this new 3000X HD overlaps the 5000X
I also wonder, will we see updates/features trickle down on the older architecture as well? I'm a bit out of the loop, i don't know how much the HD software architecture shares with the X/X-E
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:57:04 am by JPortici »

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2023, 07:58:49 am »

At this point you either really don't understand the difference, which is sad because education was offered but not accepted or you are deliberately provoking...
Good decision, because you don't offer education, that btw I don't ask , but you just defend Siglent brand with any means.
I can also compile facts and feature for Rigol scope, but I don't intend to defend Rigol nor to "educate" you.
Personally I like the Siglent scopes from 2000x/plus HD series, but persistence with wich "Siglent Armada", as someone said, try to defend the brand, make me feel unconfortable and  stay away. I don't see why the Siglent need to be defended/promoted against Rigol.
I am a potential buyer of Siglent 1000X HD even if I have Rigol HD1000. I know very well the features are you talking, but as long the core performance is the same, the scopes are in the same boat.
In the end the price will decide. I see two category of buyers:
1.Those  that have a lab already equiped and want a 12 bit scope at a reasonable price (they don't want to go into 3K euros zone)
2.First time buyers that want a 12 bit scope with basic features.(they for sure don't search for trend plot, pk-pk in stats or such).
And both will choose Rigol HD series if the price will be too high.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2023, 10:11:50 am »

Good decision, because you don't offer education, that btw I don't ask , but you just defend Siglent brand with any means.

I don't defend Siglent by any means.
It is you who came to topic about Siglent with your Rigol fanning, and keep repeating complete nonsense. Those two scopes are not "basically the same" and will never be until Rigol implements all the missing features. Which are many and we literally listed them to you.
And since I have opinion of you to be intelligent person, I ascribed it to, maybe, misunderstanding.. Hence my repeated attempts to explain you where you are wrong.
Information sharing is a sort of education, if listener is willing.

I can also compile facts and feature for Rigol scope, but I don't intend to defend Rigol nor to "educate" you.
Personally I like the Siglent scopes from 2000x/plus HD series, but persistence with wich "Siglent Armada", as someone said, try to defend the brand, make me feel unconfortable and  stay away. I don't see why the Siglent need to be defended/promoted against Rigol.
I am a potential buyer of Siglent 1000X HD even if I have Rigol HD1000. I know very well the features are you talking, but as long the core performance is the same, the scopes are in the same boat.
In the end the price will decide. I see two category of buyers:
1.Those  that have a lab already equiped and want a 12 bit scope at a reasonable price (they don't want to go into 3K euros zone)
2.First time buyers that want a 12 bit scope with basic features.(they for sure don't search for trend plot, pk-pk in stats or such).

Again, YOU are in Siglent scope topic.. You SHOULD compile list of what features DHO1000 has and has not and compare it, because obviously you didn't. Otherwise you wouldn't repeat complete nonsense.

"In my left hand I have specification on 3 pages what one scope can do , in other hand I have single page. Yep, basically the same...!"
In what opposite universe that is correct ?

"This two cars are basically the same because they both have 4 wheels of same dimensions, similar size engine and similar length".
These similarities might put them in same category, but cars could be very, very different.

Maybe we have a problem in communication: "basically the same " has a meaning of "almost exactly the same except minor details".

Maybe you meant "they have very similar specifications of basic functions" ??? That I agree. They have similar basic specifications in resolution, memory size, noise performance and screen type and size.

I repeated several times exactly that : what  is common is very basic specifications, and that Rigol seems to have provided scope with decent analog performance and , 12 bit. And there is where similarity stops.

So, with a lack of evidence or facts about your statements, your next tactics is character assignation and conspiracy theories. I cannot be trusted because "I work for somebody" or am a part of "Siglent armada".... For crying out loud...

And then you state two legitimate points that pretty much came from my responses to you:

Look at my responses. I literally made those recommendations. More than once.. Yes, I recommended in a Siglent topic that people who don't need advanced math or analytics should look into these new Rigol 12 bit series as an inexpensive entry into 12 bit world.
More than once. Like a real Siglent shill would do .. 

But I disagreed with you so I'm a shill. Bad news for you: I'm not, facts are on my side.
And when I was talking how Picoscope was good in this and that I was Picoscope shill, and when I was saying how great Keysight 3000T is in some things I was attacked that I'm elitist because not everybody has Keysight 3000T series..

Don't shoot the messenger..

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2023, 10:34:18 am »
Yeah, whatever you say ...
You really like to talk ...

Offline EinErik

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2023, 10:50:08 am »
Human translation, hope provides better reading UI.
This is un-Official translation, NOT related to Siglent, it's just my personal work for contribution.

By the way,
For SDS1000X HD, now it's 2GSa/s, totally meet my needs, I am so eager to get one!

Personally I am a Siglent's Fan, I prefer Siglent's UI; and Recently Rigol has release so many powerful competitors in entry level, honestly I was a bit crucial why Siglent don't fight back and provide similar product.
Till I saw SDS1000X HD, yes! Totally and Finally!
I used to be struggling about that 1GSas/s, I need a least 2GSa/s, but look at Siglent's list, 12bit+2GSA+800USD=none :palm:

Now SDS1000X HD is 565USD, if the upgraded version is still~600USD, I will definitely get one!
I guess till 11/11 it would be in stock in TAOBAO, now the official store still sells the "old" version so......keep waiting.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, core

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2023, 11:21:25 am »
Human translation, hope provides better reading UI.
This is un-Official translation, NOT related to Siglent, it's just my personal work for contribution.

By the way,
For SDS1000X HD, now it's 2GSa/s, totally meet my needs, I am so eager to get one!

Personally I am a Siglent's Fan, I prefer Siglent's UI; and Recently Rigol has release so many powerful competitors in entry level, honestly I was a bit crucial why Siglent don't fight back and provide similar product.
Till I saw SDS1000X HD, yes! Totally and Finally!
I used to be struggling about that 1GSas/s, I need a least 2GSa/s, but look at Siglent's list, 12bit+2GSA+800USD=none :palm:

Now SDS1000X HD is 565USD, if the upgraded version is still~600USD, I will definitely get one!
I guess till 11/11 it would be in stock in TAOBAO, now the official store still sells the "old" version so......keep waiting.

Thank you for the translation.

As for prices, I would wait for release... Not only manufacturers change them all the time, but compare with each other and also shape different prices for different markets.
SDS3000X HD and new version of SDS1000X HD was released in China. What and when will be in the rest of the world we have yet to see.

Offline colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2023, 04:54:11 pm »
I just don't get the low-res LCD on the hi-res scope. 1024 * 600 is probably the lowest resolution available on a 10" display. They were making 10" tablets with 2560×1600 resolution LCDs over a decade ago. Why not at least go for HD?  At a minimum give me a pixel for every 3 bits of ADC resolution (1024 vertical in the signal display area). More would help when having multiple windows up.  :-\

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2023, 06:24:20 pm »

Yes 2N3055 is slightly Siglent biased, but provides very knowledgable and useful information that a wise one should listen too, like this quote from above.

Maybe we have a problem in communication: "basically the same " has a meaning of "almost exactly the same except minor details".

Maybe you meant "they have very similar specifications of basic functions" ??? That I agree. They have similar basic specifications in resolution, memory size, noise performance and screen type and size.

I repeated several times exactly that : what  is common is very basic specifications, and that Rigol seems to have provided scope with decent analog performance and , 12 bit. And there is where similarity stops.

That pretty much conveys the similarity and differences under discussion.

2N3055 has shown to be a great technical resource here, with highly valuable "hands on" experience, unlike some that have little if any "hands on". We acquired a Picoscope 4262 (he has one) mostly because of his hands on experience and much earlier had acquired our 1st DSO (Siglent) because of the careful monitoring of the various folks responded on here and developed a hint of a very few to listen to with high regard, 2N3055 was one of those BTW!!!

Some may consider us a Siglent Fanboy, we do have a majority of Siglent gear (2 SDS2000X+, 3 SPD3303X-E, SSA31021X, SDG2042X, SDG6022X, SDL1020X-E, SDM3065X), and a bunch of Keysight, a Keithly, a GW-Instek and so on. No serious complaints with the Siglent gear, some are superb like the SDS2000X+, and some so-so like SDM3065X. We use this equipment for our work, altho our work supports one of our hobbies which happens to be electronics ;D

BTW we just ordered a Rigol DHO 814 to evaluate for a client, to give a fare evaluation for said client and not just be a Siglent fanboy and recommend a Siglent. One reasons we suggested the Rigol to evaluate is it seems to fit the needed requirements well with small form factor, low noise, 12 bit, low cost, possible 12V operation and so on, there's no need for various "other" higher end features tho. This may end up being supplied with the OEM instrument in production, so important to pick the proper DSO for this requirement. So would a Siglent Fanboy do this? Probably not!!! If you study our posts we generally don't degrade things we don't have hands on evaluations of and don't recommend things we don't have 1st hand knowledge, including hands on experience with. 

Anyway, whichever path you take with your DSO/MSO wanderings will likely be a fun path, as there are no "wrong" answers today with the equipment choices available, even at hobbyist price levels!! The worst that could happen is one would find after some time with the new DSO, that some "hidden" from plain sight features might might be desirable....then the "cycle" repeats ;)

Of course one could listen to knowledgable folks like 2N3055 and maybe avoid at least a few of these "recycles", we've all been there done that tho :-[

Best
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, 2N3055, Jacon

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 08:25:11 am »
Interesting times, as when they go trough the border and prices do not changes that much

SDS3104X HD, 1 GHz,   4 + EXT, 4 GSa/s, 890,000 wfm/s, 400 Mpts/ch, 12-bit, ¥43,880, Euro 5682
SDS3054X HD, 500 MHz, 4 + EXT, 4 GSa/s, 890,000 wfm/s, 400 Mpts/ch, 12-bit, ¥33,880, Euro 4387
SDS3034X HD, 350 MHz, 4 + EXT, 4 GSa/s, 890,000 wfm/s, 400 Mpts/ch, 12-bit, ¥27,880, Euro 3610

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2023, 09:01:10 am »

Yes 2N3055 is slightly Siglent biased, but provides very knowledgable and useful information that a wise one should listen too, like this quote from above.

That pretty much conveys the similarity and differences under discussion.

2N3055 has shown to be a great technical resource here, with highly valuable "hands on" experience, unlike some that have little if any "hands on". We acquired a Picoscope 4262 (he has one) mostly because of his hands on experience and much earlier had acquired our 1st DSO (Siglent) because of the careful monitoring of the various folks responded on here and developed a hint of a very few to listen to with high regard, 2N3055 was one of those BTW!!!

Some may consider us a Siglent Fanboy, we do have a majority of Siglent gear (2 SDS2000X+, 3 SPD3303X-E, SSA31021X, SDG2042X, SDG6022X, SDL1020X-E, SDM3065X), and a bunch of Keysight, a Keithly, a GW-Instek and so on. No serious complaints with the Siglent gear, some are superb like the SDS2000X+, and some so-so like SDM3065X. We use this equipment for our work, altho our work supports one of our hobbies which happens to be electronics ;D

BTW we just ordered a Rigol DHO 814 to evaluate for a client, to give a fare evaluation for said client and not just be a Siglent fanboy and recommend a Siglent. One reasons we suggested the Rigol to evaluate is it seems to fit the needed requirements well with small form factor, low noise, 12 bit, low cost, possible 12V operation and so on, there's no need for various "other" higher end features tho. This may end up being supplied with the OEM instrument in production, so important to pick the proper DSO for this requirement. So would a Siglent Fanboy do this? Probably not!!! If you study our posts we generally don't degrade things we don't have hands on evaluations of and don't recommend things we don't have 1st hand knowledge, including hands on experience with. 

Anyway, whichever path you take with your DSO/MSO wanderings will likely be a fun path, as there are no "wrong" answers today with the equipment choices available, even at hobbyist price levels!! The worst that could happen is one would find after some time with the new DSO, that some "hidden" from plain sight features might might be desirable....then the "cycle" repeats ;)

Of course one could listen to knowledgable folks like 2N3055 and maybe avoid at least a few of these "recycles", we've all been there done that tho :-[

Best

This does not justify furibund posts like the last of 2N3055. Agreeing you encourage such atitude.

Offline switchabl

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2023, 10:00:02 am »
I don't know what "furibund" means but the idea of comparing DSO base specs like it's Top Trumps seems very weird to me.

I mean, sure, if you need e.g. 500 MHz bandwidth, then you need 500 MHz bandwidth. But beyond that DSOs are some of the most complex test equipment in most labs and differ a lot when it comes to software and features. The one that does what you want (in a way that is efficient for you) might be "worse" on paper and cost twice as much. Or it might not, nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly controversial take.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2023, 10:29:07 am »
I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly controversial take.
Neither do I, also about conspiracy theory.
I am interested  about this osciloscope even  before this new version, in prior stage with 1 Gs/s. Why, while I already have HDO1K? Just because of software. I am very aware about it's software, after reading tons of post, specs and youtube reviews about SDS2000+ or HD, because I expect (from first images)  that SDS 1000x HD to have the same software with all his good features. So I am not interested comparing software. Tautech and RFLoop also has showed images with this first version so I know what I need to know. I am particulalry interested in hardware platform because I had a not too happy experience with SDS1202X-E which had a hardware that does not helped too much (ERES, FFT). So for Siglent I check first the hardware. The software is the "study" part, and on  my side. If I'm interested about a detail, I will ask.
If you read my first post I have write the HW similarities. It's clear that I not included the software.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:30:57 am by skander36 »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2023, 10:32:20 am »
I don't know what "furibund" means but the idea of comparing DSO base specs like it's Top Trumps seems very weird to me.

I mean, sure, if you need e.g. 500 MHz bandwidth, then you need 500 MHz bandwidth. But beyond that DSOs are some of the most complex test equipment in most labs and differ a lot when it comes to software and features. The one that does what you want (in a way that is efficient for you) might be "worse" on paper and cost twice as much. Or it might not, nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly controversial take.

"furibund" means angry and full of rage...

And I agree with you 100 %. You should always try to solve any problem with least possible energy or investment.
Hence proverb: "Do not use a cannon to kill a mosquito.".

But repeatedly insisting that because you can kill mosquito with both flyswatter and cannon that makes them "basically the same" is just completely wrong ....

I don't see anything  enraged in my posts. I very politely pointed out to what I see as inaccurate statements on his part. I said that I consider him intelligent and presumed we have misunderstanding. At which I got back an answer that basically called me names and that he has no intention to prove his point with facts because he prefers to just be obnoxious. After which, I, still politely pointed out that it is my opinion that  it is he whom is derailing a topic and that he should talk about facts.

And now he is instructing other people to disagree with me because he is right and I should be punished because I disagree with him on this topic....
That is a summary of it.

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2023, 11:10:35 am »

"furibund" means angry and full of rage...

Clear you are angry, otherwise you didn't write so ...
I was trying to not answer to your post just because for me it put you in a not very honorable position. I don't want you to repeat that.

And now he is instructing other people to disagree with me because he is right and I should be punished because I disagree with him on this topic....

again you put on me things that only you think about.
Nobody said nothing about punishment. Only ideea it is so stupid.
"Instruct" ... really?
As for to be a "shill"
I did think of you that you are a shill. "Siglent Armada" means a group users of this forum that try too often to bring into discussion superiority of Siglent equipment over other brands. At least for me. Sometime this thing is annoiyng and generate opposite efect. Nothing about conpiracy theory and such, that you try to acredited me about.

That is a summary of it.

People will have their opinion beside of what we want to project.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2023, 12:30:12 pm »
Gentlemen, stay cool. You're all big boys that share the same hobby. Don't let words ruin the healthy exchange of knowledge.

Remember this is a place to increase the happiness the hobby brings to your lives, not to get into ridiculous word exchanges (that many times have different weights in our living places).

:popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, 2N3055, skander36, KungFuJosh, sebyon

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2023, 12:39:12 pm »
You are right TV84 . It's closed for me.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2023, 01:22:44 pm »
I wouldn't have expected this to be a particularly controversial take.
Neither do I, also about conspiracy theory.
I am interested  about this osciloscope even  before this new version, in prior stage with 1 Gs/s. Why, while I already have HDO1K? Just because of software. I am very aware about it's software, after reading tons of post, specs and youtube reviews about SDS2000+ or HD, because I expect (from first images)  that SDS 1000x HD to have the same software with all his good features. So I am not interested comparing software. Tautech and RFLoop also has showed images with this first version so I know what I need to know. I am particulalry interested in hardware platform because I had a not too happy experience with SDS1202X-E which had a hardware that does not helped too much (ERES, FFT). So for Siglent I check first the hardware. The software is the "study" part, and on  my side. If I'm interested about a detail, I will ask.
If you read my first post I have write the HW similarities. It's clear that I not included the software.

Ok. Thank you for finally explaining what your problem here is.

You say you are not interested in software, for the sake of your internal comparison process. That is fine..

But when you use language, the words, they have predefined meaning, meaning that language definition prescribes and defines. Using it differently means you are saying and stating wrong facts..

To explain exactly what you now explained,  something like this would have better explained what you just described: " I don't care now for the difference in software (showing your awareness there are differences) , it is all the same to me for this particular comparison I only compare hardware for now".

And I would try to answer to you about hardware as much as I could, and if I had no additional info from what other already posted I would have not post at all..
In summary, could we stop further escalation of this disagreement and move on to actually helping each other?
I have no quarrel with you. I find you to be intelligent and generally nice. This is all generally misunderstanding and a bit of language barrier all the way, the way I see it.

You are interested in specification of hardware platform comparison from HDO1000 <-> SDS100X HD ?

As I said it will be pretty much comparable in terms of front end noise, adc ENOB and memory length.
There are some differences, like SDS1000X HD has real hardware 500uV/div, ADC will have different spurs (that will have to characterized on production samples when available), and SDS1000X HD has full memory standard and it is an option on Rigol (if you  don't hack it). While this might mean something to someone these specifications are "basically the same".

SDS1202X-E is very much divorced from architecture of X HD series. If you had any critique about it it does not directly apply to newer scopes , not even SDS1104X-E that is different design.

SDS1000X HD is new gen architecture. Eres is provided as both acquistion mode (hardware) or as a math postprocessing.
FFT is going to be 2MPts, but more importantly it will be new same type  as all other higher range brothers.

What I know now is that it is up to 200MHz BW, 2GS/s single ch, 1GS/s 2 ch, 500 MS/s 2/4 ch.  200MHz BW has 70uV noise floor (for full BW, with BW limiting and ERES less as usual). No internal AWG.

If you have specific question about incoming hardware/software in SDS1000X HD please ask here. Maybe we can even get some clarification from horses mouth.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2023, 01:38:55 pm »
Gentlemen, stay cool. You're all big boys that share the same hobby. Don't let words ruin the healthy exchange of knowledge.

Remember this is a place to increase the happiness the hobby brings to your lives, not to get into ridiculous word exchanges (that many times have different weights in our living places).

:popcorn:

Thank you.

You are right TV84 . It's closed for me.

I have no problem with you whatsoever. It is just a discussion, heated or not.

Online skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2023, 02:46:44 pm »
Ok, let's talk electronics!

There are some differences, like SDS1000X HD has real hardware 500uV/div, .

SDS1000X HD is new gen architecture. Eres is provided as both acquistion mode (hardware) or as a math postprocessing.
No internal AWG.

Indeed 500uV/div is what I missed in my short hw comparison replying to Martin72, and is funny because is one of the atracting point for me at SDS1000X HD.
ERES hardware should be interesting to see in action.
No internal AWG. From specs I have concluded that is "Optional" but internal because of thechnical params. The fact that is mentioned there without the specification taht is an external equipment annoy me. But I have also Siglent AWG SDG2042X which I have seen that can work with Siglent scope for Bode ploting, but I don know if it is plug&play as the external AWG (SAG1021).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf