Author Topic: Siglent SVA1015X and SVA1032X 1.5, 3.2GHz Spectrum & Vector Network Analyzers  (Read 429214 times)

0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline antenna

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 611
  • Country: us
Ok if they are developing new fw why has the old fw been deleted then? :-//

I've never encountered that.
I have noticed that mine likes to act like it has no input signal every now and then and I have to power cycle it to bring it back.  It even froze on startup once.  I get nervous when that happens.  I am running 3.2.2.6.0R7.  All of the 3.2.2.6 firmwares are missing from their site.  Something must be wrong in there.

What happens if you have a genuine SVA that was not hacked (still in eval period) and one of their updates bricks it?  My warranty time is up.  Will they replace it if their fw damages it?
 

Offline vsilves

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Country: us
Noticed same, missing V3.2.2.6.2R5 from Siglent website.  Came here to check what is going on...  Very unusual to remove firmware with no notices.  Saw release notes still include the "latest" V3.2.2.6.2R5 even if the firmware is gone.  I have been running V3.2.2.6.2R5 ever since "upgrading" with no noticeable issues.  Looking forward to more news, or a new version as reported by tautech.  Drumroll...
 

Offline pe1oxp

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 73
  • Country: nl
  • ~ Life is too short for QRP ~
I am curious why these versions were removed. Is it for reasons regarding hacking the firmware or can I expect measurement errors with the newest versions?
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Noticed same, missing V3.2.2.6.2R5 from Siglent website.  Came here to check what is going on...  Very unusual to remove firmware with no notices.  Saw release notes still include the "latest" V3.2.2.6.2R5 even if the firmware is gone.  I have been running V3.2.2.6.2R5 ever since "upgrading" with no noticeable issues.  Looking forward to more news, or a new version as reported by tautech. Drumroll...
I have a new beta FW to test but can't share it just yet....
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline antenna

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 611
  • Country: us
I have been running V3.2.2.6.2R5 ever since "upgrading" with no noticeable issues.
I rarely use mine, but I have noticed some odd behavior.  Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it boots normal but then acts like the front end is dead and I end up restarting.  It has worried me more than once, and for that reason, I have tried to use my nanoVNA whenever practical leaving the 1032x unplugged.  I am not claiming my issues were due to the firmware, but I know something is goofy with it.  Works fine 9/10 times I use it though.  My firmware is not 6.2R5, it was a previous 3.2.2.6.0Rsomething
 

Offline spacehen

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 30
  • Country: za
Noticed same, missing V3.2.2.6.2R5 from Siglent website.  Came here to check what is going on...  Very unusual to remove firmware with no notices.  Saw release notes still include the "latest" V3.2.2.6.2R5 even if the firmware is gone.  I have been running V3.2.2.6.2R5 ever since "upgrading" with no noticeable issues.  Looking forward to more news, or a new version as reported by tautech. Drumroll...
I have a new beta FW to test but can't share it just yet....

and? any major changes/improvements? or can't you share that ??
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Noticed same, missing V3.2.2.6.2R5 from Siglent website.  Came here to check what is going on...  Very unusual to remove firmware with no notices.  Saw release notes still include the "latest" V3.2.2.6.2R5 even if the firmware is gone.  I have been running V3.2.2.6.2R5 ever since "upgrading" with no noticeable issues.  Looking forward to more news, or a new version as reported by tautech. Drumroll...
I have a new beta FW to test but can't share it just yet....

and? any major changes/improvements? or can't you share that ??
Apparently V3.2.2.6.2R5 had some bug, what it was I dunno but serious enuf for Siglent to pull it.
No Release notes have been shared and for those, we will need to wait for public release.

Grabbed a few screenshots for another thread about SSA3021X Plus a couple days back using the beta FW but been busy with orders.....
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline RoV

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 229
  • Country: it
I have discovered that V3.2.2.6.2R5 is still present in the chinese version of the website and actually downloadable, so the missing files may be simply a mistake in the english version.

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
I have discovered that V3.2.2.6.2R5 is still present in the chinese version of the website and actually downloadable, so the missing files may be simply a mistake in the english version.
Nope, V3.2.2.6.2R5 was pulled for some apparently serious bug.

There is a new version coming of which I have a beta version.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
Is there any ETA when the new firmware will be released?
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Is there any ETA when the new firmware will be released?
Nothing shared.

Never had any problem with the old version so don't be scared to continue to use it or install it.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline TERRA Operative

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4085
  • Country: jp
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
No probs, I'm already on that currently latest version with no issues.
I just like updates is all. :D
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/
 
The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline RoV

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 229
  • Country: it
I have discovered that V3.2.2.6.2R5 is still present in the chinese version of the website and actually downloadable, so the missing files may be simply a mistake in the english version.
Nope, V3.2.2.6.2R5 was pulled for some apparently serious bug.
There is a new version coming of which I have a beta version.
I understand your point, but I have tried yesterday: V3.2.2.6.2R5 is perfectly downloadable in the "CN" version of their website!

Offline antenna

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 611
  • Country: us
Hey Tautech, is the easter egg in the beta version?  It would be cool if they added a new one.  I've played it about 10 times on mine and I lose every time lol.

it would be cool if winning unlocked one of those overpriced features.  It would be even cooler if they just included them.  Considering the price, its kinda like Cadillac charging extra for the ash trays.  Even my $60 nano does distance to fault, and my homemade TDR on a 200MHz scope seems to perform better than the trial I tried.  I don't even use the other features, so not including at least DTF is kinda nuts.  Its not asking much considering a $3400 price tag.. 

I know, you can't say and they won't do it.  I can hope though.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2025, 09:23:43 am by antenna »
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Hey Tautech, is the easter egg in the beta version? 
Dunno.
Truth be known I've forgotten how to access the egg and a quick forum search didn't find it.  :-[
Please share and I'll check.


Found it:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-ssa3000x-spectrum-analyzers/msg4229788/#msg4229788

Yep, still works.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2025, 11:05:53 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 
The following users thanked this post: antenna, ozkarah

Offline antenna

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 611
  • Country: us
Siglent emailed me back.  They assured me that I can continue using mine with the firmware it has (3.2.2.6.0R7, one of the two that disappeared).
 
The following users thanked this post: Sly

Offline dmytre

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: ua

After several months of operation, the reflection coefficient at the startup of the device looks as shown in the attached photo. The device in VNA mode can still be calibrated, but the dynamic range has decreased to S11 levels of -15...-20 dB. Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

I got a new SVA1032X and it has good calibration from the start - almost straight line and no S11 reaching high values. It seems that some of the switches are damaged and S11 is calculated incorectly. I want to replace the switches and see if the problem will go. It was easy to idetify all except the 6 lead switch.
Does anyone have any information on what it could be?
 

Offline hendorog

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1699
  • Country: nz
    • VNALab

After several months of operation, the reflection coefficient at the startup of the device looks as shown in the attached photo. The device in VNA mode can still be calibrated, but the dynamic range has decreased to S11 levels of -15...-20 dB. Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

I got a new SVA1032X and it has good calibration from the start - almost straight line and no S11 reaching high values. It seems that some of the switches are damaged and S11 is calculated incorectly. I want to replace the switches and see if the problem will go. It was easy to idetify all except the 6 lead switch.
Does anyone have any information on what it could be?

Can you show the following:

What does the display show when you are at the Open measurement step of an OSL calibration - with the port open.
What does the display show when you are at the Load measurement step of an OSL calibration - with a load connected to the TG Port 1.
Check out my cal kit store:
www.vnalab.net
 

Offline jwise

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: us
    • Accelerated Tech, Inc.
I just unboxed a brand new SVA1032X, and it seems to have the previously unknown firmware 3.2.2.6.2R10.

I was going to go install something to unlock telnet on it, and realized that if I have a new firmware, I probably don't want to go back to an old one.

Does anyone know anything about this 3.2.2.6.2R10?
 

Offline tautech

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 31972
  • Country: nz
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
I just unboxed a brand new SVA1032X, and it seems to have the previously unknown firmware 3.2.2.6.2R10.

I was going to go install something to unlock telnet on it, and realized that if I have a new firmware, I probably don't want to go back to an old one.

Does anyone know anything about this 3.2.2.6.2R10?
100%
There's no need for Telnet when you already have a perfectly good webserver for SCPI commands.

Edit to add
We see the odd unreleased FW version that AFAIK is to support changes to HW on the production line.
If they need be released to support older builds, they would be.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2025, 11:48:07 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
 

Offline jwise

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: us
    • Accelerated Tech, Inc.
I just unboxed a brand new SVA1032X, and it seems to have the previously unknown firmware 3.2.2.6.2R10.

I was going to go install something to unlock telnet on it, and realized that if I have a new firmware, I probably don't want to go back to an old one.

Does anyone know anything about this 3.2.2.6.2R10?
100%
There's no need for Telnet when you already have a perfectly good webserver for SCPI commands.

Fair enough!  I just found the post with the keygen -- I had assumed that telnet was required for that, coming from my Rigol DHO4000.  (Not that I used the keygen, of course, but it's very weird that a brand new instrument suddenly just magically unlocked all of its options on its own, though!)

If anybody wants me to try to dump this previously-unknown firmware, and has steps for me to follow to do that, let me know and we can diff it against the 6.2R5.
 

Offline hendorog

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1699
  • Country: nz
    • VNALab
I just unboxed a brand new SVA1032X, and it seems to have the previously unknown firmware 3.2.2.6.2R10.

I was going to go install something to unlock telnet on it, and realized that if I have a new firmware, I probably don't want to go back to an old one.

Does anyone know anything about this 3.2.2.6.2R10?

Siglent have no communication strategy  :palm:
There are many reasons for this, but the fact remains.

And we will find out by refreshing the firmware page, or by someone else letting us know - as you just did.  :popcorn:

Check out my cal kit store:
www.vnalab.net
 

Offline jwise

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: us
    • Accelerated Tech, Inc.
As long as I'm posting here -- does anyone have any decent VESA mount options for this device?  (I guess I should also post in the SSA3000x thread.)

I see that someone did this -- https://www.printables.com/model/863752-siglent-sds8xx-vesa-mount/comments -- for other Siglent scopes, but I asked someone who has one of those scopes, and it seems that this device is substantially different in geometry.

If nobody else has anything, I guess I'll import those STEP files into Onshape and start chopping them to fit this device...
 

Offline Bb6

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: za
Re: Siglent SVA1032X (from SSA3021X Plus)
« Reply #1073 on: April 30, 2025, 10:02:31 pm »
Hello eevbloggers, here is a frustrating issue which has kept us going for some days on which any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Recently purchased and received a SSA3021X Plus + RB3X25, our first Siglent SA. Due to previous modding successes with Siglent scopes, this unit was foolishly not even turned on, but instead immediately opened (tautech's comment about rushing in without exploring features refers) in order to add the missing RF connectors for SVA1032X improvement (complete careful disassembly incl. the gazillion screws), as per Attenbach & mandor.

Upon turning on the unit after careful reassembly, there seemed to be an issue. The Spectrum Analyzer mode showed an initial response with nothing connected to any inputs very similar to the following:

2557344-0

AutoTune yielded:

2557348-1

Zooming in showed that the raised low-F response consisted of ~171 kHz harmonics (some more prevalent than others) out to nearly 50 MHz. Instrument still had original F/W:
Model: SSA3021X Plus
Software: 6.2R10
Uboot-OS: 3.2.2
FPGA: 20240828-1001
CPLD: 000000D4
HW: 02.00.00

Proceeded to cross-flash to SVA1032X (first downgrading to 3.2.2.5.1R1, etc, following the guidelines in these forums) in the hope that a firmware update would correct / calibrate the issue, but to no avail. After initial 3.2.2.5.1R1 flash, unit reported versions:
SW1: 3.2.2.5.1R1
SW2: 20211011-1001
SW3: 000000D4
HW: 02.00.00

After options, realizing that 3.2.2.6.0.R10 is not yet available, subsequently flashed latest SVA1032X firmware 3.2.2.6.0.R5, which was downloaded via an earlier tautech forum direct link (siglent china 3.2.2.6.0.R5 firmware version seems to be the same, by the way).

Did 1-port calibration using Siglent Cal-Kit F503ME, but response remains seemingly unchanged.

2557352-2

The SVA1032X teardown seems to show different paths possibly handling the various spectral portions. Could one of these portions be damaged?

The double shielded RF section was reopened and carefully examined under a microscope. This showed several solder balls prevalent in the original Siglent PCB Assembly. Most or all of these were removed with careful subsequent reassembly, but the unit still gives the same response.

Does anyone have any advice or recomendations, or something we could try to improve the situation? Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2025, 10:11:58 pm by Bb6 »
 

Offline Bb6

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: za
Is this perhaps related to the HW being v.02? Is v.02 supported by all software versions?

Current version:
Software: 6.2R5
Uboot-OS: 3.2.2
FPGA: 20240218-1701
CPLD: 000000D4
HW: 02.00.00
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->