It's a good weekend to be shacked up inside, away from the cold, sorting through and repairing my gear so I can make my workbench more functional. I've been neglecting it for most of the year and only set up and used what I needed to in order to repair a few boards, which was really just my desoldering/soldering tools, a multimeter, and a power supply. Although I clearly didn't
NEED any more gear, that didn't stop me from deal surfing and buying some HP and Tek gear!!
Added to the stash: HP 8904A 006/H16, HP3457A (MINT!!), HP 3478A (MINT!!), a couple Tek 577's, and a stack of Tek 7k series plugins and TM500 calibration plugins, and a couple universal programmers that are forcing me into a Windows XP i7 3770K PC build.
Today's mission: Repair and verify this golden nugget or hit the parts wall. Surprisingly, for a 1975 build unit, I'm not finding many out of spec components. In addition to two bad electrolytic capacitors, I'll be replacing all of the dipped tantalum "fruit stripe" caps and any that are not properly derated, such as the 6.8uf 35V tants on the -30V and +30V supplies. I will NOT be fully recapping this unit as it's unnecessary and would be rather expensive for replacements that are up to the "30D" grade or better, or for my typical EPCOS can re-stuffing capacitors.

C716, the Step Amplifier Low Volt power supply bulk filter capacitor is supposed to be 9600uF.

I just looked, and that's my parts wall for this unit. Bummer.
-Brian