Author Topic: Boeing 737 Max again, it would be nice if the windows stayed in!  (Read 44992 times)

Offline jfiresto

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Boeing 737 Max again, it would be nice if the windows stayed in!
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2024, 07:12:49 am »
Eventually, all but the most obtuse will recognize that addressing their problems through superior messaging will not fly.
-John

Offline eutectique

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2024, 08:55:17 am »
May 1, 2024 at 2:58 pm Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:54 pm

Joshua Dean, a former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems and one of the first whistleblowers to allege Spirit leadership had ignored manufacturing defects on the 737 MAX, died Tuesday morning after a struggle with a sudden, fast-spreading infection.

Known as Josh, Dean lived in Wichita, Kan., where Spirit is based. He was 45, had been in good health and was noted for having a healthy lifestyle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/whistleblower-josh-dean-of-boeing-supplier-spirit-aerosystems-has-died/

Offline krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2024, 11:25:39 am »
May 1, 2024 at 2:58 pm Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:54 pm

Joshua Dean, a former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems and one of the first whistleblowers to allege Spirit leadership had ignored manufacturing defects on the 737 MAX, died Tuesday morning after a struggle with a sudden, fast-spreading infection.

Known as Josh, Dean lived in Wichita, Kan., where Spirit is based. He was 45, had been in good health and was noted for having a healthy lifestyle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/whistleblower-josh-dean-of-boeing-supplier-spirit-aerosystems-has-died/

Looks like Boeing is a threat to life whether you are flying in it.. or working in/on it..  :palm:
If god made us in his image,
and we are this stupid
then....

Online Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2024, 05:55:08 pm »
Boeing's Starliner is supposed to launch on Monday. I wonder if the crew is worried if a window or hatch is going to blow out?
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline GyroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2024, 12:16:26 pm »
Hopefully this one has a really strong constitution, both mentally and physically, and isn't accident prone...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68979354

Boeing whistleblower says plane parts had serious defects

Plane bodies made by Boeing's largest supplier regularly left the factory with serious defects, according to a former quality inspector at the firm.

Santiago Paredes who worked for Spirit AeroSystems in Kansas, told the BBC he often found up to 200 defects on parts being readied for shipping to Boeing.

He was nicknamed "showstopper" for slowing down production when he tried to tackle his concerns, he claimed.

Spirit said it "strongly disagree[d]" with the allegations.

"We are vigorously defending against his claims," said a spokesperson for Spirit, which remains Boeing's largest supplier.

Mr Paredes made the allegations against Spirit in an exclusive interview with the BBC and the American network CBS, in which he described what he said he experienced while working at the firm between 2010 and 2022.

He was accustomed to finding "anywhere from 50 to 100, 200" defects on fuselages - the main body of the plane - that were due to be shipped to Boeing, he said.

"I was finding a lot of missing fasteners, a lot of bent parts, sometimes even missing parts."

Boeing declined to comment.

What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?  :-\

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 12:36:08 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline jfiresto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2024, 12:49:32 pm »
Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?
-John

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2024, 12:54:50 pm »
What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?
The number of steps the claimant accidentally falls down just before giving evidence

Online MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2024, 11:50:17 pm »
Whistle blowers often die after blowing the whistle, its very strange, scientists and fact checkers says.

The following users thanked this post: tom66

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2024, 05:46:15 pm »
It's a great way to make money off Boeing - just short the stock - and get a whistleblower to come forward. Stock drops, reap rewards.
4 or 5 incidents past few days! You don't need to use a whistleblower, just a little sabotage. Stock drops, reap rewards.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2024, 06:29:05 am »
What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?  :-\
Let me give you an example. I disagree with you fucking my sister. I strongly disagree with you fucking my wife.

Different levels of disagreement.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2024, 05:34:10 pm »
it looks like boeing is using off brand transistors
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/safety-concerns-show-urgent-need-to-stop-nasa-starliner-launch-warns-valvetech-hastings-law-client-302140125.html

BACKPEDAL lol
"ValveTech Clarifies Media Reports About NASA Starliner Launch: Did Not Call for an End to the Mission"(Hastings Law Client)

Also, it looks like the IP was ripped off, so who is liable when she blows? I'd have to go back and dig about the Challenger disaster consequences for Morton Thiokol.

"ValveTech supplies 14 valve components to vendors for the Starliner CST-100 spacecraft"
"Aerojet Rocketdyne Inc., (an L3 Harris Technologies company). A federal court found Aerojet breached multiple non-disclosure agreements for improperly disclosing, retaining, or using ValveTech's valves, designs, technology and data."

I wonder who's valve was buzzing'.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2024, 04:17:20 am »
This incident proves how badly Boeings reputation has been damaged.  People are trusting a comment from an ambulance chasing lawyer over the aerospace company.  It would be curious to see what kind of IP is involved here.  Given how long the design cycle has been for Starliner it seems likely that most underlying patents would have expired of old age.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf