Author Topic: Boeing 737 Max again, it would be nice if the windows stayed in!  (Read 47262 times)

Online jfiresto

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Boeing 737 Max again, it would be nice if the windows stayed in!
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2024, 07:12:49 am »
Eventually, all but the most obtuse will recognize that addressing their problems through superior messaging will not fly.
-John

Offline eutectique

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2024, 08:55:17 am »
May 1, 2024 at 2:58 pm Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:54 pm

Joshua Dean, a former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems and one of the first whistleblowers to allege Spirit leadership had ignored manufacturing defects on the 737 MAX, died Tuesday morning after a struggle with a sudden, fast-spreading infection.

Known as Josh, Dean lived in Wichita, Kan., where Spirit is based. He was 45, had been in good health and was noted for having a healthy lifestyle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/whistleblower-josh-dean-of-boeing-supplier-spirit-aerosystems-has-died/

Online krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2024, 11:25:39 am »
May 1, 2024 at 2:58 pm Updated May 1, 2024 at 3:54 pm

Joshua Dean, a former quality auditor at Boeing supplier Spirit AeroSystems and one of the first whistleblowers to allege Spirit leadership had ignored manufacturing defects on the 737 MAX, died Tuesday morning after a struggle with a sudden, fast-spreading infection.

Known as Josh, Dean lived in Wichita, Kan., where Spirit is based. He was 45, had been in good health and was noted for having a healthy lifestyle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/whistleblower-josh-dean-of-boeing-supplier-spirit-aerosystems-has-died/

Looks like Boeing is a threat to life whether you are flying in it.. or working in/on it..  :palm:
If god made us in his image,
and we are this stupid
then....

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2024, 05:55:08 pm »
Boeing's Starliner is supposed to launch on Monday. I wonder if the crew is worried if a window or hatch is going to blow out?
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline GyroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2024, 12:16:26 pm »
Hopefully this one has a really strong constitution, both mentally and physically, and isn't accident prone...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68979354

Boeing whistleblower says plane parts had serious defects

Plane bodies made by Boeing's largest supplier regularly left the factory with serious defects, according to a former quality inspector at the firm.

Santiago Paredes who worked for Spirit AeroSystems in Kansas, told the BBC he often found up to 200 defects on parts being readied for shipping to Boeing.

He was nicknamed "showstopper" for slowing down production when he tried to tackle his concerns, he claimed.

Spirit said it "strongly disagree[d]" with the allegations.

"We are vigorously defending against his claims," said a spokesperson for Spirit, which remains Boeing's largest supplier.

Mr Paredes made the allegations against Spirit in an exclusive interview with the BBC and the American network CBS, in which he described what he said he experienced while working at the firm between 2010 and 2022.

He was accustomed to finding "anywhere from 50 to 100, 200" defects on fuselages - the main body of the plane - that were due to be shipped to Boeing, he said.

"I was finding a lot of missing fasteners, a lot of bent parts, sometimes even missing parts."

Boeing declined to comment.

What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?  :-\

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 12:36:08 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Online jfiresto

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2024, 12:49:32 pm »
Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?
-John

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2024, 12:54:50 pm »
What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?
The number of steps the claimant accidentally falls down just before giving evidence

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2024, 11:50:17 pm »
Whistle blowers often die after blowing the whistle, its very strange, scientists and fact checkers says.

The following users thanked this post: tom66

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2024, 05:46:15 pm »
It's a great way to make money off Boeing - just short the stock - and get a whistleblower to come forward. Stock drops, reap rewards.
4 or 5 incidents past few days! You don't need to use a whistleblower, just a little sabotage. Stock drops, reap rewards.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2024, 06:29:05 am »
What's the difference between disagreeing and "strongly disagreeing"?  :-\
Let me give you an example. I disagree with you fucking my sister. I strongly disagree with you fucking my wife.

Different levels of disagreement.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2024, 05:34:10 pm »
it looks like boeing is using off brand transistors
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/safety-concerns-show-urgent-need-to-stop-nasa-starliner-launch-warns-valvetech-hastings-law-client-302140125.html

BACKPEDAL lol
"ValveTech Clarifies Media Reports About NASA Starliner Launch: Did Not Call for an End to the Mission"(Hastings Law Client)

Also, it looks like the IP was ripped off, so who is liable when she blows? I'd have to go back and dig about the Challenger disaster consequences for Morton Thiokol.

"ValveTech supplies 14 valve components to vendors for the Starliner CST-100 spacecraft"
"Aerojet Rocketdyne Inc., (an L3 Harris Technologies company). A federal court found Aerojet breached multiple non-disclosure agreements for improperly disclosing, retaining, or using ValveTech's valves, designs, technology and data."

I wonder who's valve was buzzing'.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2024, 04:17:20 am »
This incident proves how badly Boeings reputation has been damaged.  People are trusting a comment from an ambulance chasing lawyer over the aerospace company.  It would be curious to see what kind of IP is involved here.  Given how long the design cycle has been for Starliner it seems likely that most underlying patents would have expired of old age.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2024, 02:20:30 pm »
A Boeing 777 (not 737) today...

A passenger onboard the Singapore Airlines flight that had to make an emergency landing in Bangkok has recounted the terrifying descent.

Dzafran Azmir, 28, told Reuters:

Suddenly the aircraft starts tilting up and there was shaking so I started bracing for what was happening, and very suddenly there was a very dramatic drop so everyone seated and not wearing seatbelt was launched immediately into the ceiling.

Some people hit their heads on the baggage cabins overhead and dented it, they hit the places where lights and masks are and broke straight through it.

Singapore Airlines did not say at what point the injuries and death took place, but a passenger who spoke to Reuters said turbulence led to those not wearing seatbelts hitting overhead cabins.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/may/21/singapore-airlines-flight-777-300er-london-bangkok-turbulence
Includes some "entertaining" pictures of the cabin interior.

Many times I've been in aircraft that "tilts" up, starts shaking, then drops dramatically. Deliberately entering a stall is fun, a spin even more so :)

This incident is being described as turbulence. Severe turbulence is not unknown.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2024, 02:34:27 pm »
Seems the advice to always wear your seatbelt when seated in an aircraft is pretty reasonable.

Online jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2024, 02:58:15 pm »
I would put that the other way around.  Not wearing your seat belt when seated is foolish.  There is no reason not to. 

A small child (like 3 y.o.) may be an exception as they can react oddly when strapped in.  That situation needs to balance those factors. 

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #292 on: Yesterday at 12:34:55 pm »
Aaaaand , here we go again, from daily bullcrap news! Revealed: 300 Boeing planes used by United and American Airlines have potential flaw that could cause jets to explode mid-air
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13444467/Boeing-plane-United-American-Airlines-fatal-fault.html

Online gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #293 on: Yesterday at 12:53:06 pm »
Seems the advice to always wear your seatbelt when seated in an aircraft is pretty reasonable.

Fortunately, the conditions where seat belts are actually needed are quite rare... same as in autos.  But extreme turbulence happens and there's no way to avoid it, since you often can't see it coming.  My understanding is they typically know it's there, from the reports of other planes flying the same route. 

The point was driven home to me when an attendant told me that she ended up flying on the airplane ceiling once.  That's some turbulence
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #294 on: Yesterday at 01:55:08 pm »

Fortunately, the conditions where seat belts are actually needed are quite rare... same as in autos.  But extreme turbulence happens and there's no way to avoid it, since you often can't see it coming.  My understanding is they typically know it's there, from the reports of other planes flying the same route. 

The point was driven home to me when an attendant told me that she ended up flying on the airplane ceiling once.  That's some turbulence.

shows some statistics from NTSB, ~80% of those seriously injured by turbulence was flight attendents

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #295 on: Yesterday at 03:46:42 pm »
So almost 2 km deep and at least 30 km long air pit, excluding up and sides.
Is it still just lack of air, can ground released methane create bubbles like that?

One time jetliner was lucky that the bubble didn't happen earlier, estimation was that full tanks were too heavy.
One other time the luck was a full plane and earlier bubble.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf