Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: PCB Design
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 04:06:11 pm »
Maybe an idea to post the schematic too. :-//

But indeed I have to agree with xvr that the PCB looks strange. Components seem to be connected to the top copper fills having them shorted, then the two traces coming from the big connectors making a weird dance pattern with the passage on the other layer.

Why the Arduino nano and only have two connections from it to the bigger adapter board.

I would say, lots to flame on.
Is this ever an issue? In most cases when I'm debugging a PCB, I have stuff in my hands (probes, soldering iron, etc), and holding the phone and messing with the app is the last thing I want to do.

What about hands-free, voice control? Here is a demo:

Firmware update, May 10th 2024 (app+FPGA): https://www.fnirsi.com.cn/download/digit
General Technical Chat / Re: Does anyone make good SSDs any more?
« Last post by Infraviolet on Today at 03:57:54 pm »
I opted for the WD Red SA500 in the end, no firmware updates released since production egan in 2019 does imply they've made no mistales they needed to fix. I'm doing my reinstall on to it today, so will soon see what its like.
Beginners / Re: PCB Design
« Last post by xvr on Today at 03:57:38 pm »
Very strange PCB. Do you really have only one side PCB? There are a lot of unconnected capacitors and pair of shot circuited.
Tried my first measurement today and it went quite well, but I was surprised to see that the reference resistor cannot use decimals (ex : my 100 ohm resistor measured 99.32 ohm).

I would be surprised that is the case (can't remember and can't test right now), but could it be a conflict with the use of comma and point for the decimal separator?

Just had a check, I can give in decimals without any issue.
For anything assembly related or mechanical, I'd always recommend taking screenshots or doing renders within the CAD package you designed the parts in. If for no other reason that that you already have everything modelled in there, and already know the CAD program's interface well. Usually it helps if you turn on visual settings within the CAD software to make edge lines (lines marking outlines or hard/sharp edges) bold and fat, and if you hide lines which divide up smooth curves in to fla faces (if it is a mesh type model where everything is a triangle or quad if you zoom in enough). You'll usually want perspective view rather than the orthographic many packages use as default. You can then post-process these renders/screenshots a bit further in GIMP or Photoshop (or equivalent) to further hide irrelevant details and highlight important ones.

GIMP has a downloadable arrow plugin that lets you draw arrows with two or three clicks, and makes overlaying text easy. And there are methods to make both arrow and text have a contrasting outline (black text with a thin white border or such) which makes it clearly visible even atop a chaotic brightly coloured background image. As far as arrows go, you can also often add them within the CAD package before rendering.
This is seriously cool, thanks for sharing!  I can't wait to make one.
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: Feedline measurements
« Last post by mag_therm on Today at 03:51:18 pm »
Put a 50 Ohm terminator on far end.
Sweep Z of S11 using just Ch0. However that won't give the loss, as S21 needs both ends at the cable to be connected.

Edit Sorry , RG6 is 75 Ohm.
Beginners / Re: Recommendations for: Step-up Voltage Converter 110v to 220v
« Last post by xvr on Today at 03:50:13 pm »
I'm talking about a standalone voltage converter that she can just plug it into between the lamp and the wall.
Standalone voltage converter, with output suitable for transformer, is a transformer itself. So there is no reason to turn 2 transformer in series - just one transformer will be enough.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next