Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Suggest you read the Tektronix Circuits Concepts books:

Oscilloscope Probe Circuits
062-1146-00.pdf

Oscilloscope Probe measurements
https://w140.com/tekwiki/images/1/19/062-1120-00.pdf

also:

https://download.tek.com/document/51W_30013_0_MR_Letter.pdf

We use TEK P6136 Zo, P6137 10X and DIY Zo just a 50 Ohm coax and series small axial R 450 or 4950 Ohm at the tip.

Enjoy

Jon

Maybe your car needs an oil change, how about DIY?
I would possibly be interested in buying items 60, 66, 68, and 71.  Can you post some pictures and asking prices for those?  For the FPGA dev boards, do you have a list of which ones you have?
I'm based in Gilbert, AZ 85295 just so you can estimate what shipping might look like.
In my both K617 the 250fA input current was caused by C307 in my case. In one unit it was  bloated, the foil was  visible from the sides. In second unit it was replaced by someone with incorrect value of 0.01uF instead of 1000pF and poor dielectric type.  Replacing C307 with  WIMA MKP 1000pF  1250V decreased bias current to 50fA  and it was impossible to compensate. So next step would be to buy and install original polystyrene capacitor of at least 600V as in  datasheet.
2181049-0

Basically: what size do I need
Speaker building is a dark art

Could you say why please ?

You can also look at this : https://www.visaton.de/en/literature-software/software
Hello Good People, I too have been trying to convert my ridgid battery chargers, they both have 1 bulk capacitor, replaced those with 100uf 450v ones and fortunately it did not went pew when i tried it in 220v, but unfortunately one charger shuts down when i plug the battery pack and the other one keeps restarting, well atleast for now they are still alive and can still be used in 110v. Cheers guys.
What do you think "most certainly matters"?

Anything that effects the SI.

Precisely. SI is an analogue phenomenon not digital, and the same issues also occur in analogue circuits.

As I stated, it just provides context which I thought would have been obvious.  Sure we can become pendant but it doesn't add anything to the discussion.     

The key distinction between digital signals (0,1,etc) and analogue signals (volts, amps, frequency, etc) is not pedantry.
False distinctions between analogue waveforms and RF/microwave etc is not pedantry.
Failing to grok those is the source of much bafflement, many incorrect statements (especially w.r.t. sampling rate), and many problems seen all too often in circuits (especially SI).

Hence it is important, not mere pedantry.
When you consider details, digital is analog.   I use the term digital to provide context about what we are probing. Again not 0's and 1's but loading, drive strengths, transition levels, overshooot....  As you previously posted:
Strictly speaking it doesn't matter. If you are looking at a waveform with a scope you are looking at an analogue waveform that something will interpret as a digital signal.
Much like my own post so far,  I suspect these comments are too high level and obvious.  They add little to no value to the discussion.

Lewis Carroll referred humourously to similar issues 170 years ago, via his Humpty Dumpty character :)

The drive strength at the far (rx) end of a 50/100/etc ohm transmission line is the same whatever is at the near (tx) end.

Digits are captured in digital tools such as logic analysers, or protocol analysers, or printf() statements. Scopes capture, ahem, analogues.

A key principal is to use an (analogue) scope to observe (analogue) signal integrity, then flip to using a digital tool to observe digital signals. But you know that.

If beginners were taught that and understood it, fewer questions would need to arise - because they sorted out many problems on their own. Their remaining questions would be more interesting and less repetitive :) That's why I think it is important.
Wow, that's thin.

You might find that you can address the vibration by re-centering the grinding wheel. You should find there's (should be) a little play on the spindle - it should never be a tight fit on the spindle. Whilst you have the off, put a screwdriver through center and gently tap the edge with the handle of another one. If it doesn't ring like a bell, it's cracked and dangerous. Don't over-tighten the nut and ensure that the card shims are in place on both sides of the wheel.

Ultimately the way to stop vibration caused by a grinding wheel it to use a Diamond wheel dresser on it. One like this but local... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-263215-Diamond-Wheel-Dresser/dp/B002QRSP3O
I get it now.
How much "artifact" is too much?
A window comparator will create a pulse that straddles the zero crossing.
With a narrow enough window you can get down to uS widths.
you can for tests    but   put a new  / order a new one with the same value  ....   i've seen some forums with this brand, capacitors failures are reported a lot  ?

Understood, I'll source the correct value one from a reputable manufacture, with as high a temperature rating as I can find.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next