Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray and their P2 Pro - discussion
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:54:43 pm »
Anyone here uses this camera for electronics reparing?
Experience?
FPGA / Re: ATF1502 programming & 'wrong' id (fake?)
« Last post by xvr on Today at 02:53:50 pm »
Or steal it from museum - there is hard to find such PC in a shop now 😉
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:53:11 pm »
Any legitimate vendor makes it clear what is and isn’t collected. (For example, that your data itself won’t be shared.)

Unless 'anonymised'. Or shared with trusted partners. Or similar wishy-washy things.
Sorry, I see the way my statement was ambiguous.

I didn’t mean “shared with others”, I meant “user sharing the data with the developer”, not third parties. And by “data itself” I mean things like your documents, as opposed to usage data.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray T2S Plus or Infiray P2 Pro with Macro lens
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:52:29 pm »
Experience?
« Last post by caius on Today at 02:51:10 pm »
Just hard to find Printer Port on PC now 😕

Just buy on 'old&cheap' desktop for offices (like those HP ones...)
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by soldar on Today at 02:51:01 pm »
The Taiwanese is not pleased if you call them Chinese.
I could argue with that but I won't because it would lead to a sterile tangent.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:49:20 pm »
Experience?
« Last post by xvr on Today at 02:48:19 pm »
Just hard to find Printer Port on PC now 😕
Laminations are insulated to lessen induced currents and hence core losses.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:46:03 pm »
Your first reply in this thread, long after OP had listed the part numbers of the power supplies used, you suggested 1. using a motor-generator set, and 2. to consider switching to an SMPS inside.

Both of those suggestions are completely irrelevant and useless at that point in the discussion because it had already been established that it uses two universal-input SMPSs.

This shows you did NOT read the discussion before replying.
When I posted my first reply in this topic I didn't seen complete list of power supplies which are used on OP device. And correct me if I'm wrong, there is still no such list. Also I noted in the first OP post that his device power consumption is about 2300 Watt. And two PSU which he later provided for example is about 750-900 Watt in total, which is just about 40% of total device power consumption. So there is no way to decide if all of his PSU are compatible with all mains standards. I already explained it, but for some reason you're didn't read it.
I did read your explanation, but AGAIN you missed the fact that OP clarified before your first reply that the 20A input was NOT the actual maximum input current established by some empirical means, but a mystery number from a long-gone employee. The list of power supplies shown is the entire list of loads in the device. This was already explained to you by someone else and you STILL don’t seem to grasp it.

I don't see why my post is completely irrelevant, the second part covers SMPS with universal input.
By fully understanding the thread up to the point where you first replied, you would have already known that all of the system is powered by the two SMPSs, both of which are already universal input. So you’re suggesting doing what it already did.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next