Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
How does this look to you?
Repair / Re: Desoldering advice
« Last post by fmashockie on Today at 09:10:34 pm »
Glad to hear it! And that you got the scooter working!

It may not have been the original cause you were thinking, but you got to it eventually.  Plus you learned a new skill along the way!
FPGA / Re: Analog video output with FPGA ?
« Last post by SiliconWizard on Today at 09:09:26 pm »
Well, are you sure you need 24-bit RGB to drive an old CRT TV anyway? I am not.

This is a good question. My idea was to start with 24bits on the prototype, then lower the bit-depth via software to see if I can reduce the cost and size (and soldering time/difficulty since the project might be open sourced if it works, and should be hobbyist friendly)

16bits RGB might be good enough, but at my current stage (just learning) prototyping with 24 bits won't cost more than prototyping with 16. Unless I go for and exernal DAC and can find a fast enough 6 bit one for cheaper (and with longer expected availability) than the dedicated 24bit video DACs.

Well yes, going for a lower bit depth would just be a benefit if you used R-2R ladders. Something that could still be considered if cost is really a concern.

Since you mentioned using MCUs (I think?), note that generating RGB video at these resolutions would be plenty feasible with just a RP2040 and its PIO. But given its limited number of GPIOs, you'd probably have to limit the bit depth to something lower.
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by tom66 on Today at 09:08:14 pm »
I must be living in a backwater. Why is contacting you at work - by a headhunter - dumb? How else are they supposed to contact you@your_work since I'm pretty sure you wouldn't splash your private phone number and email all over the interwebs (and if you did, probably not link them to your CV). Worst case, surely, is they get blocked by your company but there's a chance you may follow up, which is all they're after in the end.

Well, he didn't leave a phone number, so was expecting an email response, from my work email, about a competing job?

No, I am not going to do that.  Unprofessional to use your employer's computer systems to search for other jobs (and potentially a breach of contract) for one. 
Beginners / Re: Fast PWM IC
« Last post by Zero999 on Today at 09:07:09 pm »
I still don't understand why you need 100MHz PWM.

The problem is, it needs to be able to generate much higher frequency harmonics. 10% duty cycle has a 1ns on time, so you need much sharper rise and fall times, say 100ps, so you need a slew-rate of 33GV/s for a 3.3V signal.
Computers / Re: Format a 256GB pendrive with FAT32 using a windows 10 pc
« Last post by IanB on Today at 09:05:06 pm »
It's often overlooked that the Windows GUI is a graphical shell sitting on top of a command line OS. Many more advanced options are often found if you bypass the graphical shell and go straight to the underlying tools.
NNNI may test that easily (including the new rundown) while running off the stock 12MHz crystal against the PLL version. A stable canned XO/TCXO would be even better. The 48MHz is needed, however, as you want to upload the binary to the 2040 easily, and you will do it many times, sure.

On the other hand I would be much more concerned about the noise around the comparator and auxADC.. That introduces errors and I would be happy to see some real data coming off the above code, such we may play with the math. Perhaps NNNI finds some free time for running it on his pcb, its just a copy/paste exercise..
The frequency can be between 1-10kHz.
 Amplitude can be between 200mV and 5V. I don't know how much THD (or any other parameter) affects to the device.

Do you need to adjust this generator across 1-10kHz and 200mV-5V ?

I don't know how much THD (or any other parameter) affects to the device. I need to finish the design, build the device and test. And then probably, re-design the circuit, build another device and test again. Maybe at this point I actually know all the key parameters, including if THD matters or not.

Then you are probably best to get a simple, low cost MCU based DDS function generator module from AliExpress, that can easily and quickly cover your range while you determine what you really do need.
Repair / Re: Repairing TDS5000B acquisition board
« Last post by gianrisa on Today at 09:03:19 pm »
@smaultre were you been able to fix it especially the error 351 ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next