Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
hi, i have humidity&temp&air pressure using home assistant and aqara sensors (I use zigbee, it's best choice imho, but alternatives exist). stable, specs are amazing for the sensors, you don't care about interference/lightning inducted overvoltage on some long i2c lines.
if you find color sensor, maybe this approach is more safe and cost effective. then, you can automate what you wish for, haos rules on this. graphs, use graphana if you like details. and haos will give you further ideas :)
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 10:57:51 am »
I think it's just a matter of personal habit and preference whether one prefers "smooth anti-aliased" or "crisp pixels".

You might say that my eyes provide "natural" anti aliasing... ;D

I am myopic, and it is not a preference. As fonts go smaller in size, I reach the point where I can clearly read non anti aliased fonts, and those that are anti aliased I have problem.

Seriously, that is a known problem. When image is blurry, eye is confused and think it did not focus properly. So it is "hunting" for focus.
Similar to when camera hunts for focus.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 10:54:55 am »
Here's an example of a properly implemented AA configuration UI. Whenever one wants to implement font AA, it should be at least this configurable. It's a hint for the scope UI devs, if they are reading this.

Repair / Re: RCA CED Player Audio Troubleshooting
« Last post by m k on Today at 10:50:20 am »
Stereo Indicator Mode Switch is activating and deactivating parts of U4201.

U4301
part C is driving both channels, it's deactivated in I-2 operation, so I-1 is Mono.
Part A is deactivated in I-1 operation, so Right is Mono.
Part B is deactivated in I-2 operation, but it's Normally On, so Left is I-2.

Maybe those operation modes are mixed.
Test Equipment / Re: New Keithley DMM6500 and now DAQ6510
« Last post by HighVoltage on Today at 10:50:01 am »
My DMM6500 is almost silent, no hum and very little noise from the fan.
I would just return it under warranty to get one that makes less noise.

It can still be a pot problem.
There can also be multiple pots in series.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/looking-for-the-schematic-of-a-dual-30v-5a-psu-clone/
Repair / Re: Amiga 600 ... maybe Gayle problem ...
« Last post by m k on Today at 10:47:25 am »
Underline first indicates it's active low.
First R514 activates Q511 and later U14 pulls R514 down.
0.5V is 10% of Vcc, so R514-R515 divider is as it should.

How much is from _KB_RESET to GND?
Repair / Re: APC UPS CS650. seeking help.
« Last post by m k on Today at 10:45:27 am »
Charge is its own thing, but can have a protection something.

Measure with multimeter and start drawing.
Inverter parts have a heatsink, the separated and smaller one can be a charger.
Faulty charger circuit can pull the bypass switch power down.
Beginners / Re: Transformer - Mains Oscilloscope Probing
« Last post by Silenos on Today at 10:44:00 am »
then the RCDs of the neighboring houses will be triggered
Ewww how on earth you come up with such an idea? That's why everyone has their ows sets of RCD and fuses...
Ok, let me put it straight. You never have to hack the installation in osciliscope cases, ever. And the type does not matter, either. I was just explaining you what will happen when you connect neutral with PE, and I still have no idea why you insist on doing that except the evervague "safety reasons" - it is a mistake in any case, that's all.

At least in my part of Europe neutral wire is considered "high voltage" (230/400 V) wire in the safety standards, and it is supposed to be treated like this. And in a real installation there is always some N-PE voltage floating due to return currents, hence the RCD action when connecting these wires.

Disclaimer: you would be surprised what can the PE in wall socket be connected to, especially in older households, sites, with TN-C 2-wired installations. Though no idea of such "traditions" in your area.
Ok, cut this subject, just don't mess with it.

So now some board is appearing. No idea what exactly are you going to measure. What do you mean "right values"? Measuring anything with the osciliscope will always show "false values", as you are biasing the DUT with a probe. The transformer is also a machine collapsible to iirc simple RLC/magnetic flux circuit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next