Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
@BTO, that was completely uncalled for. take a 7 day timeout and calm down.

I'D LIKE TO EXPLAIN A FEW THINGS FOR CLARITY

@gnif, this isn't just for you this is for the benefit of @pcprogrammer and the others that responded.

Firstly @gnif - Mate, i see you're an Aussie, i see you live in the mountains, I'm in the Campbelltown area.
Now, i don't intend to make a big deal here and i do want the continuity of the post to continue but i want to explain something ok

- I just came and was going through beginner Posts, just thougt i'd throw in my opinion and i did , there was nothing more to it.

- You said i need to calm down.   There was nothing to calm down from  THIS WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING i feel.
i spoke to Dave, We worked it out and it's all cool now, But so you know, I wasn't aggressive or upset or anything like that.
and when you put on the ban i was completely beside myself, You said 
that was completely uncalled for
i didn't know what "THAT" was

Now Just quickly
@pcprogrammerI ABSOLUTELY APOLOGIZE IF I OFFENDED YOU IN ANY WAY , that was not my intention.

back to  @gnif
dave brought it to my attention that the comments containing "IRRELEVANT" were taken incorrectly and deemed inappropriate.
Mate, i Apologize ok
THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED WAS... it was supposed to be like this

pcprogrammer was going on about being a woman,  and... Being a beginner my intention was to welcome her
and also to say "we are all the same here and we are equal"  that's what "irrelevant" was about
and the comment about "how many more times are you going to keep saying you're a woman"   was supposed to be a joke,
You know the scene from wolf of wall street "How many times are you gonna ask her if she's never been on a jetski"
in my mind it was a joke,  You see, she was making jokes and i figured i'd just reciprocate.
I guess it wasn't taken as such

Anyway mate.. Cards on the table , there was no attack on the beginner and i wasn't not calm in any way.
Now as for the post was 4 years old, THAT'S ON ME
I went to the main section, clicked on Beginner and it was at the top,  I ASSUMED it was a new thread,  i honestly didn't see
all the other pages, so that one is my fault.. Sorry

but all in all, there was no malice here, there was no intent to offend pcprogrammer or anyone else or to upset the harmony of the forum

I am going to delete my post but i will leave this post here as an apology.
I know sometimes people don't take me as i intend it to come across, that's just my personality,
My main purpose here was to just say that THIS WAS A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING

Moving forward i'm gonna take dave's advice and pay a bit more attention to how i post.
Truth be told, i feel comfortable here and as such i suppose i let my personality do what it wishes, and this time that happened
to come across the wrong way...  Again, my apologies

Is that cool ?  I hope that fixes it and explains things.

No offense taken by anyone or yourself and i understand why the comments came across as they did, I'm cool with all that.
My particular goal is to trigger the start of a series of ADC readings with the true zero crossing point of the mains frequency.
What is the purpose of this goal? What are you going to do with the samples?

Looking at SCR triggering behavior.
Test Equipment / Re: DHO924S vs MSO5074 vs SDS804XHD+AWG
« Last post by blaisesaunders on Today at 11:54:21 am »
Welcome to the forum.   :)

Posting the same content across multiple boards really is frowned upon here and people do get banned for it. You cannot delete a thread but you are able to move it into a different board using the "Move Topic" button at the bottom left of your thread then select a new location.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry about the faux pas won't happen again. Also poorly worded the initial thread... Hopefully dies quietly
FPGA / Re: Help on translate schematics to Verilog.
« Last post by BrianHG on Today at 11:53:00 am »
Open the 'max10pll_8m_to_8m' project I sent you.
Open the PLL source file 'clk_8mhz_to_8mhz.v'.
You should get the PLL megawizard.

On page 6 of 12, -> C0 core output clock,

You will see I set the phase to 45 deg.

Try 90 deg, or 22.5 deg or 67.5 deg.

If these don't help, by no means try 180 deg, otherwise, all along, all you needed was to invert your clock.
You should also try 180-22.5 (157,5) deg, and 180+22.5 (202.5) deg.

Again, we aren't truly solving you issue of why the circuit isn't functioning the way you want, we are just placing a skew on the internal clock and hoping for the best.

To play it safe, once you got it working, I would add a crap load of heat to your FPGA board to make sure the clock offset you chose will still function error free under extreme circumstances.  I used to use a hair-dryer to heat up my circuits when I would attempt dirty solutions like this.

One last thing you could try is at the bottom of page 3 of the PLL megawizard:
'How would you like to set the PLL bandwidth settings...'
Switch from Auto to 'Low' or 'High'.
Low means a noisy source clock will be smoothed out.  But, if your device deliberately operates within the noise, then you will need to set the bandwidth to High so that the PLL follows the jittery-ness of the source clock.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Review & Demonstration Thread
« Last post by gf on Today at 11:51:23 am »
Why do you use a lower signal level with the DHO1074?
It looks the same to me:
0 dBm ~= -13.5 dBV (for a 50  \$\Omega\$ Z0}

Sorry, I missed dBm vs. dBV scale.

Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Review & Demonstration Thread
« Last post by newbrain on Today at 11:45:40 am »
Why do you use a lower signal level with the DHO1074?
It looks the same to me:
0 dBm ~= -13.5 dBV (for a 50  \$\Omega\$ Z0}
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Element 14 Australia Fire Sale
« Last post by Kirkhaan on Today at 11:39:29 am »
I know it’s AU/NZ only, but still: How did you manage to find these discounts?
They don’t have a function on their website to search for all SALE articles, do they?

AU/NZ only.
There are some deals at Newark.com, but they were a bit hard to find.  Some demo units and a lot of Multicomp Pro house branded enclosures and DMMs.

And if you had bothered to read a bit further you would know she already bought a Siglent scope and is happily playing with it.
No problem, there is an explanation though, i'll put up a post shortly
Perhaps it simply defaults to 90 degree rotation, as many of these small screens are actually portrait orientation by default?

That is, have you tried e.g.
    sudo ./rotate.sh 0
or
    sudo ./rotate.sh 180
?

Also, you do realize you need to reboot the Pi for the new rotation to take effect; it is not immediate?
I have a PC in China that does a final test on a device in an assembly line. Each time the tests runs, a text file is created with the test results.

I would like to automatically send this text file to a PC in Europe.

Both PC's are running Windows.
I have administrator rights on both PC's.

What options are there that are not blocked by the great firewall of China?
Can I setup a VPN between these two PC's? Do I need to make the VPN traffic look like something else?
Do need to resort to TOR or freenet?

I found these options to connect to tor in china:
https://support.torproject.org/censorship/connecting-from-china/
Are you serious? I send and receive text and other files daily to and from China.

I think you might be imagining problems where there ain't.

Have you tried? What was the problem?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next