Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:49:20 pm »
Anyone here uses this camera for electronics reparing?
Experience?
FPGA / Re: ATF1502 programming & 'wrong' id (fake?)
« Last post by xvr on Today at 02:48:19 pm »
Just hard to find Printer Port on PC now 😕
Laminations are insulated to lessen induced currents and hence core losses.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:46:03 pm »
Your first reply in this thread, long after OP had listed the part numbers of the power supplies used, you suggested 1. using a motor-generator set, and 2. to consider switching to an SMPS inside.

Both of those suggestions are completely irrelevant and useless at that point in the discussion because it had already been established that it uses two universal-input SMPSs.

This shows you did NOT read the discussion before replying.

When I posted my first reply in this topic I didn't seen complete list of power supplies which are used on OP device. And correct me if I'm wrong, there is still no such list. Also I noted in the first OP post that his device power consumption is about 2300 Watt. And two PSU which he later provided for example is about 750-900 Watt in total, which is just about 40% of total device power consumption. So there is no way to decide if all of his PSU are compatible with all mains standards. I already explained it, but for some reason you're didn't read it.
I did read your explanation, but AGAIN you missed the fact that OP clarified before your first reply that the 20A input was NOT the actual maximum input current established by some empirical means, but a mystery number from a long-gone employee. The list of power supplies shown is the entire list of loads in the device. This was already explained to you by someone else and you STILL don’t seem to grasp it.
FPGA / Re: ATF1502 programming & 'wrong' id (fake?)
« Last post by caius on Today at 02:45:33 pm »
For all my projects based on Atmel ATF150x CPLDs I successfully use a homemade 'ByteBlasterMV' programming cable (on parallel port) in conjunction to the program  ATMISP version 6.7. 
More details here :

https://github.com/MattisLind/82S100replacement?tab=readme-ov-file

P.S.

I program .JEDs instead of SVFs
General Technical Chat / Re: The strange case of phase angles
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:39:20 pm »
And what that means is that to solve it trigonometrically, you can’t use the impedance (vector addition of resistance and reactance), but rather the admittance (vector addition of conductance and susceptance).

As an aside: as someone who sucks at trigonometry, I just use my calculator’s ability to work with polar complex numbers. So calculating IT, for example, I just type: 0.02 + 0.008∠-90 + 0.01571∠90 and get 0.02143∠21.1.
I definitely put effort into making sure the cores were put together the way they used to, and in the best way I could, and to hold them tightly with kapton tape.

For most of my attempts, I separated and put the core together many times just in case I did something wrong.

All of the cores kept glue were it used to be, including the center gap. I did not try to take away any glue. All of the attempts were made once everything completely cooled down. At least visually, all of the cores seemed to fit back together perfectly, with no additional gaps or anything. Perfect lego pieces.

Many of the cores were not even perfectly aligned to begin with. I replicated that misalignment just in case. I also tried better alignments for the same cores.

A couple of the cores had little square or circular shaped spacers in the middle. Of course I did not remove those. All of these cores were difficult NOT to align correctly.

For a few of the cores, I did not even take the cores apart, just made sure I got the 'ready to take apart' signal. Same results.

For all transformers, after declaring them dead, I removed all windings and, not very properly tested for loss of enamel. I did not detect any evidence of loss of enamel, but maybe the way I tested this is completely off. In the iron tests, I did not measure temperatures above 120°C on the cores and 60°C on windings, so I do not suspect the windings in the iron tests.

If I were to redo the tests, I would now also try to measure the resistance of the windings to check for loop shorts. By running current across them before and after heating.

Maybe even take the windings away before heating, and then put them back afterwards. That would drive me nuts.
Repair / Re: FLUKE 8920A RMS AC meter failure needs help
« Last post by daisizhou on Today at 02:35:56 pm »
I tested TP3, TP4, TP5 waveform video, please check

https://youtu.be/qDG2JKikg8s
FPGA / Re: Help on translate schematics to Verilog.
« Last post by Wiljan on Today at 02:35:25 pm »
[

If you use Quartus and have made a schematic, then while the schematic are selected you can click "File"/"Create/Update"/"Create HDL Design File from current file" (the schematic)  select verilog, give it a name, quartus will then make a verilog version of your schematic.

Thanks, I did it.I have these other two KiCad symbols that I'm try to identify, are they a D flip flop and a D latch with enable?Not sure though.
See the difference on the 2 flip-flops the one with clk will only change data on posedge of the clk the other will do as long enable are valid
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by pdenisowski on Today at 02:14:07 pm »
lets wait HAM fellows (names with numbers and who build their own radio) to chime in what they have to say

Depends on the kind of radio you're building (or operating) :)  In the United States, there are amateur allocations at 902 MHz and 1240 MHz, and some experimenters go even higher.

https://www.arrl.org/files/file/Regulatory/Band%20Chart/Band%20Chart%20-%2011X17%20Color.pdf

One of my commercially-produced radios (the Icom 9700) has 144, 440, and 1200 MHz,  Icom is also investigating making amateur transceivers for the 2.4 and 5.6 GHz ISM bands

https://www.icomjapan.com/api/download.php?page_id=66&fl=JTJGdXBsb2FkcyUyRmxwJTJGc2hmJTJGU0hGX3Byb2plY3Rfdm9sMV9lbmcucGRm

73, Paul, KO4LZ
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next