Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
General Technical Chat / Re: Cable Management
« Last post by madires on Today at 03:01:03 pm »
I keep cables which are used regularly on a self-built holder. It's similar to the commercial ones, but the fingers are several cm apart to put the cables across each finger, not between the fingers. And the fingers are also longer. This way I can store long cables and cables with large connectors. Picking a cable is easier too (no need to remove others in front of). Rarely used cables are placed into drawers (you can buy nice plastic boxes with a few drawers) and kept tidy with Velco (different vendors sell large rolls of that stuff).
I assume these motors run only very intermittently and only for a minute.  Do you know how much current they draw?  These might work OK.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115457681769

OTOH, if you can get the exact replacement for $30, that might be the way to go.

Interesting, thanks.  I didn't think to look on eBay!  The motor does only run for maybe 30 seconds, and I believe the control board can supply up to .75A.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Mechatrommer on Today at 02:58:39 pm »
nice story but anything 1GHz and above is not relating to this thread... 140,144,902MHz maybe related. if you have one of this https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/114448357711 it would be nice to see the signal in time domain... ymmv.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray and their P2 Pro - discussion
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:54:43 pm »
Anyone here uses this camera for electronics reparing?
Experience?
FPGA / Re: ATF1502 programming & 'wrong' id (fake?)
« Last post by xvr on Today at 02:53:50 pm »
Or steal it from museum - there is hard to find such PC in a shop now 😉
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:53:11 pm »
Any legitimate vendor makes it clear what is and isn’t collected. (For example, that your data itself won’t be shared.)

Unless 'anonymised'. Or shared with trusted partners. Or similar wishy-washy things.
Sorry, I see the way my statement was ambiguous.

I didn’t mean “share with others”, I meant “the user sharing the data with the developer”, not the developer sharing it with third parties. And by “data itself” I mean things like your documents, as opposed to usage data.

So what I mean is that a proper opt-in system makes it clear that the software isn’t, for example, uploading your document to them.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray T2S Plus or Infiray P2 Pro with Macro lens
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:52:29 pm »
Experience?
FPGA / Re: ATF1502 programming & 'wrong' id (fake?)
« Last post by caius on Today at 02:51:10 pm »
Just hard to find Printer Port on PC now 😕

Just buy on 'old&cheap' desktop for offices (like those HP ones...)
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by soldar on Today at 02:51:01 pm »
The Taiwanese is not pleased if you call them Chinese.
I could argue with that but I won't because it would lead to a sterile tangent.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion
« Last post by Jane on Today at 02:49:20 pm »
Experience?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next