Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
FPGA / Flash backed LLMs on FPGA?
« Last post by NiHaoMike on Today at 04:59:35 am »
My understanding of LLMs is that there's a very large "lookup table" that's iterated through many times while it generates the output. It's normally stored in RAM which gets quite expensive on the larger models. But what about storing it on Flash instead? I see a cited reason is that SSDs are too slow and would bottleneck it, but what if you just had a FPGA with a lot of Flash chips wired to it? Those are readily available in the form of "ioDrive" SSDs, with 365GB versions going for about $32. Reprogramming one of those for LLM use would be quite a task, but would it even be technically feasible?
Repair / Re: NOCO GB70 repair help
« Last post by eurgenca on Today at 04:54:44 am »
Like I told you. Replace ZD2 with 5V1 diode, and if you LUCKY you are good to go, but probably not. Next step is to check douther board if you will have problems with charging. If CPU is bad you are stuck.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: SALE (World): Rigol DHO-804 Oscilloscope
« Last post by Nominal Animal on Today at 04:49:13 am »
No.  Nowhere on that page or images does it say Rigol.  It is a DHO-804 oscilloscope, just not Rigol DHO-804.

It is very important to read descriptions and datasheets for this kind of shenanigans, because otherwise you will be duped into buying replicas.
Test Equipment / Re: Tektronix 2465B oscilloscope teardown
« Last post by Homer J Simpson on Today at 04:48:33 am »
2465B SN's

Greetings,

I am interested in finding out what the latest serial numbers were for Beaverton produced 2465B's

My latest unit is BO64879

I think once a saw a listing for a BO7xxx something.

Does any one now how far these got and what was the actual last year of production ?

-K
Repair / Re: HP 6654A Opt.J23
« Last post by kjk24 on Today at 04:42:35 am »
Thank you verry much for the data, i will compare it withmy settings . I have the eeprom layout documented , it is not finished but i will post it maybe you have information too for it. The resin info dose not help anymore 👍 because i replaced a lot of components in the unit. I can now cal the voltage and overvolt to 80volt the current cal still fail the second cc cal is unr and the current is 5.4amp. i post more later.
Greetings kk
I'm frankly surprised that an organisation like that wouldn't check the supply chain - it seems to avoid the problems with cell phones, they opted for the old school pagers, but just bought them "bulk buy" and didn't do any background checking.  Thats a pretty careless move for an organisation that is worried about security enough to not use cell phones.
Networking & Wireless / Re: Use Computer as WiFi Network
« Last post by Halcyon on Today at 04:18:24 am »
Some devices allow you to connect to them via an "Adhoc" network. It's basically just a direct wireless link between two devices without a router in between. It's pretty old school these days.

Most TV's will have some way to "cast" video to them. If your TV has the option of Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct, you'll be able to stream your laptop video if you're using Windows 10 or 11. See here.

Otherwise you may wish to consider reconfiguring your network so that your CCTV system is on its own VLAN without internet access.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Hakko FR-301 Question
« Last post by rfxcasey on Today at 04:13:18 am »
This instrument is a beast.  Right now on HakkoUSA.com outlet is available for about $250 USD (refurbished unit and the older handpiece without quick change).  I think it is a steal at that price!  I just picked an extra one just in case.

I got mine for 170 USD total on Ebay, brand new, shipped straight from Japan. I think I might pick up a few spare parts while I can (before they are discontinued) but to be honest, at this price, it might be worth it to just pick up a spare complete unit. I use a base station version at work 5 days a week and it gets very heavy professional usage and just keeps on going with normal cleaning. The unit I have at work is around 1K so the FR-301 is a great substitute for the home shop/lab.
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: Unexpected Smith chart behavior
« Last post by AJ528 on Today at 04:12:08 am »
I have an GW Instek LCR-916 (https://www.gwinstek.com/en-US/products/detail/LCR-900)

Looking at the manual, it turns out there is a calibration button on it. Cool. That's good to know!
What is a non-inverting inverter?  Is it an ordinary buffer?  Or is it what engineers call the Signetics don't gate?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next