Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
I think its OK because it still probobly good enough for most shit people run and its good enough to get rid of crap measurements. just don't use it for publishing data in a journal or ISO certified place
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Canceled Because Thread All Shit Up by "tggzzz"
« Last post by DimitriP on Today at 12:03:03 am »
a nearly 10 year member

You seem to understand the reasoning behind the "relentlesness" , since you used the phrase "nearly 10 year",
instead of 10.00000  or worse, nearly 10.00000 

Regarding "toxicity" ....oxygen and water Good for human, bad for iron.
Sometimes what matters is not the environment, but the substance.

I'm almost 99.999% done composing my reply ;) <<<<that's a wink

Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Metcal MX-5210 underwhelming performance
« Last post by loki42 on Yesterday at 11:58:06 pm »
I haven't tried the newer ones but my mx 500 is plenty powerful enough for anything.  Also the no screen etc to go wrong.
Microcontrollers / Re: Memory model for Microcontrollers
« Last post by IanB on Yesterday at 11:54:01 pm »
For those who'll read this thread - IMO the explanation by Nominal Animal is the most complete, I am talking about https://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/memory-model-for-microcontrollers/msg5478241/#msg5478241
However I think it is a bit advanced. I'll take the liberty to put Nominal Animal's explanation in simple terms.

(description snipped)

This was a really nice description, thanks.

I have a follow up question:

Suppose I have some constant data, like a lookup table, for example. Since this is static, it can go into flash memory (where the code lives) and not RAM (where the variables live). However, the lookup table in the source file is data, not code. How would one go about telling the compiler to put this lookup table in its own section in flash, and not in the RAM? Would the compiler do this automatically by declaring the lookup table as static/const/readonly? Would the compiler possibly generate some initialization code that copies the data from flash to RAM on startup for ease of access? Do embedded tools typically give you control over this, and to visualize the binary layout that will be produced by the compiler/linker?
« Last post by J-R on Yesterday at 11:51:37 pm »
Sad to see a nearly 10 year member drive a new member to such an emotional outburst leading to a ban.

It seems your approach needs an adjustment.  You provided your input at which point the OP made it clear they didn't want you to engage further, yet you essentially relentlessly continued.  You seem more like a bully than a contributor.

I don't know which 10 year member you are attempting to blame this one but you can't blame this on just one person (other than perhaps the OP).  A lot of people (pretty much every reply) were skeptical of the OP's claims and asked questions and pointed out the OP's misleading statements.

If the OP didn't want to engage further, then all he had to do was to ignore the thread.

Sure, others chimed in but it 100% was tggzzz that got him going, as made blatantly obvious by the thread title.

The OP made this thread to sell their homemade product.  They already made multiple other threads and abandoned them only to have the same member follow to the new thread.

There is no reason to keep arguing with the OP.  You've made your point and anyone interested in the product can read the skeptical posts and make their own informed decisions.  The OP has their reasons for not considering various member inputs, of which I agree with most of them.

Going further is poor taste and just makes the forums seem toxic.
It is easy enough to modify the pin definition of the SDA pin to give that a try but if the bus is already working with two other devices it is unlikely that is a problem. Yes the I2C bus needs normally resistor pullups on both the SDA and SCL lines and is driven by open collector devices. If you don't have a serial logic analyser it can get a little difficult, is there any way to check that your address shifting is working?
Well I just got home and tried to connect it with STLink and it wont even power on or connect.  |O
I'm not sure when Lattice made this change as I never received a direct reply from them, but as of today, it appears like Lattice has added a "Makers Community" license option to the iCEcube2 page which pretty much restores the free license option for everyone but established commercial companies:

iCEcube2 Makers Community
Lattice offers free licenses to hobbyists, enthusiasts, community educators & start-up companies. If this describes you, please contact us to register for a free iCEcube2 license with subject “New iCEcube2 License Request”.

This is exactly what I was asking for, so thank you for listening, Lattice!
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Element 14 Australia Fire Sale
« Last post by J-R on Yesterday at 11:39:35 pm »
AU/NZ only.
There are some deals at Newark.com, but they were a bit hard to find.  Some demo units and a lot of Multicomp Pro house branded enclosures and DMMs.
« Last post by Stray Electron on Yesterday at 11:39:30 pm »
Sad to see a nearly 10 year member drive a new member to such an emotional outburst leading to a ban.

It seems your approach needs an adjustment.  You provided your input at which point the OP made it clear they didn't want you to engage further, yet you essentially relentlessly continued.  You seem more like a bully than a contributor.

I don't know which 10 year member you are attempting to blame this one but you can't blame this on just one person (other than perhaps the OP).  A lot of people (pretty much every reply) were skeptical of the OP's claims and asked questions and pointed out the OP's misleading statements.

If the OP didn't want to engage further, then all he had to do was to ignore the thread. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next