Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1120147 times)

vonB and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Most of the licenses on the tv84 post, which works on my model (MSOX 3022T), seems to be inside of one of the new options given in the User Manual.

Sincerely, I am very happy with the D3000BDLA and WAVEGEN options, there is a lot o functionalities to be searched on them for a while.

PS: The -l ALL still works if wanted.

You don't need to install DIS, just the ones missing in the D3000BDLA bundle.

From my table I would say ALL shouldn't work (and if it works by itself then that's a mystery for me).

The table should represent which licenses are inside others...

But you, owners of the equipment, should know that better than me.

Additionally, I would say that manual pages have other information that is not corroborated by the table (for example: VID - I think there is no bundle that contains VID option, except by explicitly enabling VID).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:19:56 pm by tv84 »

The following users thanked this post: arlvaljr

Offline arlvaljr

• Contributor
Most of the licenses on the tv84 post, which works on my model (MSOX 3022T), seems to be inside of one of the new options given in the User Manual.

Sincerely, I am very happy with the D3000BDLA and WAVEGEN options, there is a lot o functionalities to be searched on them for a while.

PS: The -l ALL still works if wanted.

You don't need to install DIS, just the ones missing in the D3000BDLA bundle.

From my table I would say ALL shouldn't work (and if it works by itself then that's a mystery for me).

The table should represent which licenses are inside others...

But you, owners of the equipment, should know that better than me.

Additionally, I would say that manual pages have other information that is not corroborated by the table (for example: VID - I think there is no bundle that contains VID option, except by explicitly enabling VID).

The VID triggering option is now part of D3000GENA that is also inside D3000BDLA.

The only thing that seems not to be inside D3000BDLA is the WAVEGEN that you must still order the old DSOX3WAVEGEN.

About the option -ALL, yes it works, at least on my scope, I tested it. May be newer manufacured sets do not accept this command, mine was purchased in 2015, if it makes any difference.

Anyway, everyone are free to make their own choice of options what I think it's great, isn't it! :-+

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
@arlvaljr

Please show a printscreen of your license list in the boot screen, with just D3000BDLA and WAVEGEN enabled.

Offline arlvaljr

• Contributor
@arlvaljr

Please show a printscreen of your license list in the boot screen, with just D3000BDLA and WAVEGEN enabled.

If I change my .lnk, I will just add -l SCPIPS like bellow:

90#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l D3000BDLA -l SCPIPS -l WAVEGEN

The other licences that apears on the screen are native from my scope, it’s not necessary  to add on my .lnk, they come anyway.

Follows the printscreen

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline Cretone

Hi all,

Been following this thread for years and I am about to embark on hacking my 4022a.  It currently has FW version 4.08.2016071800.  I have so far verified that I can telnet into the scope no problem.  As I see it, the following steps should get me where I want to be:

• Download PhillyFlyers's FW 7.31.2020012900_patched to FAT32 USB(done)
  • Create infiniivision.txt file on FAT32 USB (done)
  • Edit infiniivision.txt file to: 80#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l D4000BDLA -l WAVEGEN (done)
  • Install 7.31.2020012900_patched to scope via FW update procedure
  • Telnet back into scope
  • Kill infiniivisionLauncher.exe
  • Copy infiniivision.txt to Secure\Startup folder (this is where I'm stuck
  • Rename infiniivision.txt to infiniivision.lnk
  • Reboot scope and verify installed options

So, a few questions:
How are you guys copying files without a protocol to transfer such as ftp?
Do I really need to kill infiniivisionLauncher.exe before copying?
Does my .lnk file look correct?  The D4000BDLA is the current 4000 series bundle, so I figured I would go with that.

Many thanks to all contributing to this thread!  Amazing.

Offline adranp

• Regular Contributor
:Cretone

You don't need ftp. You are copying from /usb (on the scope) within telnet console. The usb stick is connected to the scope when you need to copy.

Offline Cretone

:adranp

Thank you for that.  Did not realize that I had access to the usb drive from telnet.  Feeling a little stupid, of course!

However, I am very happy to report that I have successfully "enabled" my 4022a and have all applications operating, although waveform gen was the one I was really interested in.

Note, I followed the steps above in my previous post except that I did not bother to kill infiniivision.exe.

I will post below the steps I followed for posterity and for anyone else that comes along looking to enable a 4000 series scope:

• Connect scope to LAN and navigate to Utilities/IO Menu.  Note the scope's Hostname.  You will need it later.
  • Download PhillyFlyers's 4000 series patched firmware:  7.31.2020012900_patched to a FAT32 USB (see post #2448 on page 98).
  • On a PC: Create infiniivision.txt file on FAT32 USB drive.
  • Edit infiniivision.txt file to have the following line and no extra spaces etc:
    80#"\Program Files\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe" -l D4000BDLA -l WAVEGEN
  • Plug your USB into one of the front USB ports on the scope.
  • Install 7.31.2020012900_patched to scope via std firmware update procedure.  Scope should provide progress updates and reboot on its own.
  • With both scope and PC connected to same LAN, telnet into scope from your PC.  I use Putty.  Create a telnet session using Hostname from above.  Port 23 must be used.  After opening a session, you should get a login window.  Use login:infiniivision and  P/W: skywalker1977.  Note, the telnet session has to be opened in timely fashion after scope bootup.  Basically, before the scopes gets to the main screen.
  • Now that you have a telnet session you can use standard CMD commands to complete the remaining tasks. First, copy infiniivision.txt from USB to Secure\Startup folder on scope.
  • Rename original infiniivision.lnk in the Secure\Startup folder to infiniivision.bak for safe keeping in case of trouble.
  • Rename your freshly copied Secure\Startup\infiniivision.txt to Secure\Startup\infiniivision.lnk
  • Reboot scope and enjoy your new applications.  The above procedure enabled ALL apps on my scope.

Much gratitiude to PhillyFlyers, arlvaljr and the community!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:58:14 pm by Cretone »

Offline yingziwin

Hi!

Does anybody know where can I find the DSOX2K 2.35  firmware? The keystone website only lets you download the latest one (2.50).And I can't download from this thread.My e-mail address is 522384387@qq.com.

Thanks!

Offline Pilatus

• Contributor
That work  :-- :-+, Thank you a lot  :clap: :clap: :clap: i go to sleep 2 jours before go to my job.
I have only this message, i dont Know why, but all seem work

If you or anyone had the following message:

"System concerns detected:
OS version is not correct. Please reload system firmware"

... then you should try another set of infiniivision.lnk file parameters. The scope likely had issue with a parameter mis-match

What worked for me (2000 series), and cleared the warning was:
80#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l VID

I also tried the following one successfully:
108#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l VID -l EMBD

This one, for instance, created the OS mismatch nag/warning (I believe it was meant for the 3000A series):
160#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l SGMC -l FLEXC -l TOM -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l EMBD -l EDK -l VID

I used the USB memory stick option. Worked a treat.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:51:48 pm by Pilatus »

Offline Pilatus

• Contributor
After upgrading my 2000A scope and plugging in a USB keyboard ... it works! Now I can select drop-downs and enter characters for labels and such. 

Wish there was mouse support as well, or at least "real" Left/Right keyboard cursor support. Still.... happy camper :clap:

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor

Hey, thanks! I ended up getting a network card and following the steps your described. Basically just get the password from the password generator, telnet, and change the .lnk.

Thanks!

stafil: So your MSOX3104T is running firmware 7.31 and you still can telnet into it???

I had very old 4.xx firmware on my 3000T series scope originally (hasn't been updated since 2015) and telnet was working fine. However, after upgrading to firmware 7.31 (from keysight, not patched one from PhillyFlyers user) I cannot telnet into it anymore. Telnet port becomes available for just a few seconds before the main GUI app starts, but even this is not long enough for me to telnet into it. I've tried to use telnet_dso.py python script posted on this thread and even wrote my own python script, but still cannot get into it. Does anyone have the same issue with newer firmware and telnet? I'm hesitant with trying any mods if I cannot telnet into the scope to revert or fix it.
Any suggestions are much appreciated!
-albertr
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:09:11 pm by albertr »

Offline pepperoni7

• Contributor

@stafil: So your MSOX3104T is running firmware 7.31 and you still telnet into it?
I had very old 4.xx firmware on my 3000T series scope and telnet was working fine. However, after upgrading to firmware 7.31 I cannot telnet into it anymore. Telnet port becomes available for a few seconds before the main GUI app starts, but even this is not long enough for me to telnet into it. I've tried to use telnet_dso.py python script posted on this thread and even wrote my own python script, but still cannot get it. Does anyone have the same issue with newer firmware? I'm hesitant on trying to modify options if I cannot telnet into the scope to revert it.
Any suggestions are much appreciated!
-albertr

You should use "optimized" FW, then Telnet is no problem:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2945740/#msg2945740

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
So, are you saying that PhillyFlyers made some hacks in this firmware to specifically "fix" telnet server? I think I read all posts on this thread (took a few days), but don't recall anyone mentioning that...

PhillyFlyers, can you confirm whether your 7.31 firmware includes "fix" for the telnet availability issue? I'm eager to try it, but I need to make sure that telnet would work when I need it. Right now, on a stock 7.31 firmware for 3000T from Keysight website (ver. 07.31.2020012842) telnet gets enabled for just a few seconds which is not long enough for me to get in. I'm using a stock LAN/VGA card on MSOX3034T if it matters. Never had problems with telnet on the old 4.xx firmware running on this scope before I upgraded to 7.31.

BTW, big thanks to everybody for sharing the information!

-albertr
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:05:34 pm by albertr »

Offline pepperoni7

• Contributor
I'm talking about my own experience with both the FW versions.
With PhillyFlyers' one you can Telnet in with no problem and (I suppose alsmost) no timeout restrictions.
At least I  could not experience a timeout for Telnet session.

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
Yes, I'm happy to confirm that PhillyFlyers's modified firmware fixed the telnet issue on my scope!
Now it's time to liberate some options...

Thank you PhillyFlyers and other helpful members of this forum!

-albertr
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:31:24 pm by albertr »

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor
The scope was liberated. Big thanks to everybody who made it happen!

-albertr

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
Has anyone done it for a DSOX 1000 scope?

It seems that 1000XSeries.01.20.2019061038_patched.ksx is not better than the stock 1000XSeries.01.20.2019061038.ksx in terms of the features installed ... :(

DSOX1102G

Bandwidth: 70MHz

Installed licenses: SGM, MASK, EDK,  WAVEGEN, DVM, RML

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I dont think the hack works for the 1000x series. Look for FERCSA hack instead

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
I suspect PhillyFlyers's patch could work on a WinCE 1000X. FERCSA patch works (maybe the current FW is not publicly patched).

There is no solution for a Linux 1000X without JTAG access.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I am not sure. Infiniivion.lnk hack never worked on the 1000x

Offline pion

• Contributor
For anyone who's tried this on a 4000-series scope, could you clarify two things for me?
  • My understanding is that this will only allow unlocking software features; it will not enable a higher bandwidth because on 4xxx scopes it requires hardware changes (even to go from 200 MHz -> 350 MHz), correct?
  • Have you been able to test the unlocked MSO feature with the actual MSO hardware cable? I'm happy to buy the ~$800 cable from Keysight but the $3100 SW unlock cost for it is a little prohibitive for home use!
(I have a DSOX4024a at the base 200 MHz and I already purchased the app bundle for it, so the only things missing are MSO capability and a higher bandwidth.)

Also, as I've never unlocked anything previously – is it safe to assume that by going this route, I will effectively never be able to send my scope in to Keysight for calibration / repair / 1+ GHz hardware upgrades in the future because they'll see the non-factory firmware and punish me somehow? Or can I reflash the stock firmware before sending it in?

Thank you!

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
1) Yes, 350 Mhz is a different board; though hacking from 350->500 Mhz would be possible
1a) if you dare: search EEVBlog for changing the input circuitry from 200 to 350 Mhz (probably explained for 3000a or 3000t which are using the same input circuitry)
2) Yes, no problem at all.
3) Reflashing the original firmware is no problem.

The following users thanked this post: tsmith35, pion

Offline wp_wp

• Regular Contributor
Hi,everyone.
Based on PhillyFlyers's file,I modified some file to realize hacking 3000T and 4000A osc with only one step.
Especially,I hack 3000T osc without using LAN module,I just using usb flash disk.
I notice that PhillyFlyers's file modified the infiniivisioncore.dll.
But for DSOX3024A,when I use the patched 2.50 firmware to hack it,and wirte the lnk file with
160#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l SGMC -l FLEXC -l TOM -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l EMBD -l EDK -l VID
it will display
System conerns detected:
OS version is not correct.Please reload system firmware.

but it does not impact using the osc.
when I write the lnk file with
211#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l MEMUP -l EMBD -l AUTO -l FLEX -l PWR -l COMP -l SGM -l MASK -l BW50 -l AUDIO -l WAVEGEN -l AERO -l VID -l ADVMATH -l ASV -l SCPIPS -l RML -l VID -l CABLE -l DIS -l TOM -l SGMC
the osc's BW will drop to 100MHz!!!

I have found the method to resolve System conerns detected problem,but I have not resolved BW50.

By the way,special thanks to PhillyFlyers.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 04:10:27 pm by wp_wp »

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
You selected "BW50" for 500 MHz of bandwidth but your scope hardware can only do 200 MHz.
VE7FM

Offline rodpp

• Frequent Contributor

2. Have you been able to test the unlocked MSO feature with the actual MSO hardware cable? I'm happy to buy the ~$800 cable from Keysight but the $3100 SW unlock cost for it is a little prohibitive for home use!

If you don't care buying used stuff and can wait a good opportunity, ebays always have genuine used ones (branded HP, Agilent or Keysight) for as low as 1/10 of that price.

The following users thanked this post: pion

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf