Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 358328 times)

Offline stjohn909

Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1650 on: November 02, 2023, 12:35:45 am »
DavidAlfa, Full backup uploaded to your drive per the FAQ and the Hacking thread.   Your .pho file gave me the 31250 baud rate I needed, cheers!

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1651 on: November 02, 2023, 09:44:08 am »
DavidAlfa, Full backup uploaded to your drive per the FAQ and the Hacking thread.   Your .pho file gave me the 31250 baud rate I needed, cheers!
Except EE package, all others are corrupted somehow.
Please run backup builder again, or try reuploading them.
BTW, I forgot I had added the extra packages, so I only need extra/dso3kb_CNxxxx_Software.upk file.

First I put a memory flashed with the image I saved with dsoflash when the scope arrived. The scope started, but the functionality was poor: buttons were sluggish, de-calibration of the input, could not save into internal memory (kind of errors I have seen previously when I started asking help in this forum).
You should have avoided this in first place, you knew your old memory was bad, so would your image. So no need to replace it, just take the platform-tools route directly.

I tried to set the serial number and board ID using the upks created when I ran Backup builder when I received the scope, but I got error -3 (and this error appeared on any upgrade with a package from that Backup builder created set.
I ran dso3kb_CN2318029043950_Calibration.upk and worked just fine, so again check that your usb isn't bad somehow, remember, fat32, no files or folders with spaces or strange chars, always use safe drive extraction.
All your UPKs extracted fine.
The generator calibration is the only real important thing unless it's already stored in the eeprom, otherwise it won't matter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 09:52:59 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline casch

« Reply #1652 on: November 08, 2023, 02:22:58 pm »
Hello David,
I would like to thank you very much for your extensive work on the Hantek DSO2X1X software. And also to the others who contributed to the improvement. This work led to me buying a DSO 2C10 for just under 180EUR from a Czech warehouse on aliexpress, contrary to the suggestion in your signature. It comes with all the necessary components for the generator and has already been extensively supplied with your mods (including backup). It didn't have any software that was new to you. Your work is great. Despite all the criticism of C'n'C (cheap 'n china), we should not forget that these products can at least reduce the price level for competitors to a somewhat more reasonable level. And the thing is usable, thanks to your work. Let's see how I can suppress the interference from the power supply and the problem that you can destroy the generator with a strong trigger source still connected. Clamping diodes connected directly to the output OP of the generator could put too much capacitive load on it and lead to wild oscillations. But perhaps specifically add it to the first filter capacitor in the generator's output network.

By the way, I'm the one who uploaded 5 themes for you today. I understand Theme006 as a simple addon, and that's why I delete some not necessary from your do_update.sh. You might want to take a closer look at this and see if you agree.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 02:27:25 pm by casch »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1653 on: November 08, 2023, 06:14:50 pm »
I can't check your files right now, so I don't know what are you calling "not necessary", check the existing existing "Visually impaired " theme as the guideline.
Also search "theme" in the dso2x1x hacking thread, there you'll find more details.
Themes might modify the icons, and/or the dso binary (Phoenix), never hardcode Phoenix itself, use pattern search & replace, like the existing theme does using bgrep, that way it will be more likely to work between different versions.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline casch

« Reply #1654 on: November 08, 2023, 09:17:51 pm »
Hallo David,
don't worry, theme 002, 003, 004 and 005 are based on theme 001, exchanges a lot of icons, use your full do_update.sh and change only the color define in this file on some of the four theme.

Theme 006 changes only the two wave generator icons. I see it as an addon (update) to any theme. So I removed the color defines and the BGRP define. And I also remove begining with the "use a clean phoenix copy" section everything which manipulate the colors within the phoenix app. (Backups will be done.) So for me it's a example for a theme (update) which exchanges only icons with no connetion to a color which will be drawn by the phoenix app. This is for your brief information.

All the five theme include a readme and 2 images of the changed dso screen. They are all already installed on my 2C10 (2D15) and ok for me.

I had already read the full ...DSO 02X1X thread and the "hacking thread" before I ordered my DSO 2C10.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:21:15 pm by casch »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1655 on: November 11, 2023, 03:39:41 pm »
DavidAlfa, Full backup uploaded to your drive per the FAQ and the Hacking thread.
Hey, just in case you missed this:

Except EE package, all others are corrupted somehow.
Please run backup builder again, or try reuploading them.

It would be interesting to try out that new version, cheers!

I had already read the full ...DSO 02X1X thread and the "hacking thread" before I ordered my DSO 2C10.
Thank you.
Thank you for contributing! I just checked the files... you mention using a Hex editor to modify the icons?
That's why I said to read the hacking thread, there it's explained how to open the icons in Gimp!

This great guide explains how to open them (section 6.2):
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/upgrading-the-hantek-dso4072c-osciloscope-bandwidth-from-70mhz-to-200mhz/?action=dlattach;attach=848068
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:54:41 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: casch

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1656 on: November 11, 2023, 03:57:57 pm »
I resisted it for a long time, but when the price reached $130 it finally happened.
I ordered a DSO2C10 to minimize the risk and because I already have an AWG.
That's about the price category of a Fnirsi DPOX.  :palm:
I know that a Rigol or Siglent would be better, but seriously, you can't compare them price-wise.

I've read that they hardly ever crash now.
I'll read up on the subject when it's on its way.
Thanks in advance to DavidAlfa for all the information.  :-+
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 04:07:44 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1657 on: November 11, 2023, 04:25:53 pm »
$130 is a very good price!
You'll find small bugs here and there, occasional lockups, but they crash way less often since FPGA FW was updated to 3102/3202 in 2021 or so.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1658 on: November 11, 2023, 04:58:25 pm »
$130 is a very good price!
You'll find small bugs here and there, occasional lockups, but they crash way less often since FPGA FW was updated to 3102/3202 in 2021 or so.
Thank you!
I have a question that I have never found an answer to: Is there really a difference, between the 100MHz and the 150MHz version?
You probably know the video of Kerry Wong where he measures 200MHz and more with the 100MHz Hantek.
Of course it falls below the -3dB limit, but is the DSO2C15 or a hacked DSO2C10 really better?
In other words, is it worth hacking it?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 05:13:22 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1659 on: November 11, 2023, 05:18:42 pm »
The only true fact I know of is they ship a 100MHz or 150MHz proble with each version!
They seem to not have any real difference in HW.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1660 on: November 11, 2023, 05:32:50 pm »
The only true fact I know of is they ship a 100MHz or 150MHz proble with each version!

Thanks!
I can well imagine that this is the only difference.   ;)
Since I have a 250MHz probe and other BNC and SMA connectors as well as an AWG, the DSO2C10 is probably the device with the best price/performance ratio for my case.
Hacking is probably not worth it.
Hopefully it will arrive soon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 05:35:04 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline casch

« Reply #1661 on: November 12, 2023, 01:57:35 pm »

I also found no sign of a difference between the 100MHz and 150MHz versions of the DSO (at least after the 2D15_conversion upgrade, because I wasn't looking for a difference before). My 100MHz version came with a PP-150 sample. But it has a bandwidth of 100MHz on the nameplate. If you look for the PP-150 on aliexpress, if something is specified, it is always specified as 100MHz.

With the money I saved I bought two 250MHz specified probes (the black ones with the red 1x/10x switch). They were just under 1EUR more expensive than the PP-200 (200MHz specified).

Today I compared both probes (CH1 the 250MHz, CH2 the 100MHz PP-150). I removed the ground pigtails from both probes (avoid interference) and adjusted them cleanly at the calibration output. The rise times of the calibration signal are not sufficient to detect differences between the two probes. Then I inserted a sufficiently thick needle into the signal output of the BNC socket of the wave generator to connect both probes at the same time with their hook (again without pigtails). I set the generator to 1Vpp, 10MHz square:

We know that we cannot accurately predict the signal shape at the output due to the output filter and the capacitive load from the two probes. Both probes are connected to this signal at the same time. The 250MHz probe shows shorter rise times...

I also noticed that the 250MHz probe shows higher amplitudes of the 100MHz interference signal (during probe calibation), which probably comes from the power supply.

Neither are exact measurement results, but rather indicators of the differences to be expected between the two probes. On both probes, the 1x/10x switches are sufficiently stiff to not move on their own, as was written in a review of the 250MHz probe.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:59:18 pm by casch »

Offline viktor63

« Reply #1662 on: November 12, 2023, 09:42:07 pm »
$150 and I am the happy owner of this device)) I immediately reflashed it to D15 (many thanks to DavidAlfa) and also had to declare war on HF noise, replaced the capacitors with others with an operating frequency of 200 kHz, replaced the input capacitor with Nichicon 47mkf, added ceramic capacitors 0.1 uF and 1 MCF for power buses and ferrite rings for wires. Now it is a little closer in image quality to analog))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 08:12:42 am by viktor63 »

Offline viktor63

« Reply #1663 on: November 12, 2023, 10:00:39 pm »
Power consumption is pleasing)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 10:04:44 pm by viktor63 »

Offline viktor63

« Reply #1664 on: November 13, 2023, 05:48:53 pm »
Test AWG square 50mv frequency 500kHz.
What problems ))

Offline viktor63

« Reply #1665 on: November 13, 2023, 06:00:37 pm »
1MHz

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1666 on: November 13, 2023, 07:16:34 pm »
Test AWG square 50mv frequency 500kHz.
What problems ))
Hi!
I am still waiting for my DSO2C10. With a little luck I'll have it in two weeks.
Could you describe what exactly you changed (schematic or photo?) and what exact components you used as replacements?
Since your changes were obviously successful, that would be interesting. I'm a newbie at this sort of things.
Thank you.

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1667 on: November 14, 2023, 12:25:45 am »
Of course it falls below the -3dB limit, but is the DSO2C15 or a hacked DSO2C10 really better?
In other words, is it worth hacking it?
the main purpose of this hacking is unlock AWG which was hidden on cheaper C10 version.

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1668 on: November 14, 2023, 12:29:02 am »
Now it is a little closer in image quality to analog))
No .... these kind of scope should never give you analog image quality.
I think with DSO you should choose the one with Digital Phosphor technology (like SPO/Siglent or Ultra Vision/Rigol) for better result and faster waveform capture/display rate.
I hate the laggy on Hantek especially when opening Measuring (only 1-2 parameters like RMS or Freq) on the display.

The following users thanked this post: viktor63

Offline pfazoo

« Reply #1669 on: November 14, 2023, 03:50:46 am »
Got a 2C15 a few months ago (Now a 2D15 after sending the SCPI commands to turn on WAVE GEN)

One thing I have noticed about the LCD screen on my Hantek DSO is
the change in contrast when changing vertical viewing angle.
See attached picture.
Upper screenshot was taken when viewing LCD pretty much straight on at right angle.
Lower screenshot is viewing from somewhat above the screen.
 (This is my normal viewing angle when scope is on my desk).
The non zoomed portion of the waveform is almost invisible.
I have noticed this problem only with DISPLAY PERSISTENCE and the Horizontal Zoom features,
 not sure if this highlighting/non-highlighting is done other places in the menus.
SW is 1.0.3.0.0(20230327)
FW is 3202

For now I'll probably prop the front feet up on something to fix the viewing angle.

Is there a contrast adjustment on the internal LCD panel?
(The DISPLAY menu shows just Intensity and Brightness)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1670 on: November 14, 2023, 05:07:29 am »
No contrast adjustment. Use the bottom legs to adjust the viewing angle.
This screen is actually pretty decent!
I hate the laggy on Hantek especially when opening Measuring (only 1-2 parameters like RMS or Freq) on the display.
Have you tried overclocking? Not a miracle but helps.
Most will get around 684-720MHz just fine.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:09:55 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1671 on: November 14, 2023, 06:30:50 am »
Yes I did and used Hantek for 9 months before gave it for my friend.
I tried the optimum and steady clock for Cpu and Ram but basically Hantek uses cpu for calculating and drawing waveform so it must be lagged.
If you use Hantek for "static" waveform it is ok but "dynamic" like analog audio monitoring or calibrating (tape deck azimuth and phase, recording bias...) its not real-time display, delay about 0.5s. The more measuring display on screen the more laggy scope does. Quite annoying.

Then I switched to Rigol Ds1102z-e and now Siglent Sds1202x-e. $100 extra but definitely better. Waveform displayed look like analog scope, both trace and speed.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1672 on: November 14, 2023, 07:12:31 am »
Then I switched to Rigol Ds1102z-e and now Siglent Sds1202x-e. $100 extra but definitely better.
It depends very much on where you live.
Here the RIGOL DS1102Z-E costs about 320 CHF, the Siglent SDS1202X-E (imported by post, there is no distributor here) about 385 CHF.
That's quite a difference compared to the 124 CHF for the Hantek DSO2C10.
I see it as the next step. I'm sure I can learn and experiment a lot with the Hantek.
When I'm "done with it", I might buy a Rigol, but then a better one, with 4 channels etc. We'll see.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 07:15:33 am by Aldo22 »

The following users thanked this post: nokin

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1673 on: November 14, 2023, 07:14:20 am »
Then I switched to Rigol Ds1102z-e and now Siglent Sds1202x-e. $100 extra but definitely better.
So the SDS1102C > SDS1102X-E > SDS1202X-E product ID and BW hacks all worked ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: nokin

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1674 on: November 14, 2023, 09:05:06 am »
So the SDS1102C > SDS1102X-E > SDS1202X-E product ID and BW hacks all worked ?
;D Im in the middle now ... SDS1102X-E. I will test "SCOPE_ID?" soon as your hint.
Anyway I like "E" than "C" despite of its just a sufix.
Of course I know C is never becomes E, it lack of ERES menu and half of capture rate but I see Siglent 1102X-E is more responsive than Rigol DS1102Z-E. It is much faster in UI, capture rate, better noise front end, layout in front plate...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf