Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
The Hioki card tester is a battery operated handheld DMM.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355049598788

It does not have current ranges but maybe it was set to resistance or diode mode when the OP tried to measure voltage across the capacitor after the mains rectifier.  If so, I suspect the DMM is also now kaput.
Beginners / Re: BNC token replacement
« Last post by tooki on Today at 01:10:40 pm »
Is the male plug of a probe correct, I can get the tools, it's just knowing if that BNC male plug would work well?
Thanks for the reply.

In that case, no, that plug won’t work. It’s for RG58, which is substantially larger coax than the probe lead. Look for a plug designed for RG174, that’ll be a lot closer in dimensions.
Repair / Re: BSIDE ESR02Pro Component Tester repair
« Last post by tunk on Today at 01:07:39 pm »
PCB photos please. If it uses a microcontroller
and it is damaged, then you need firmware.
that looks like it will make fiber glass residue which is not acceptable for me.
Not as bad as one might expect (I was positively surprised), but there are some glass fibers for sure. It’s a great product where real heat resistance is required (good to around 200C IIRC) but overkill for most purposes. It is also good when you need the wire inside to slide smoothly within the sheath.

From what I gather, heat resistance is not actually a real requirement here, despite you mentioning it in the original post. Pretty much anything will do fine up to around 70C. Ok, maybe not wax paper. :p

Maybe I will just use nylon braid
Not a bad option either. Unshrunk heat shrink like Terra O. said is also a great option.
Altium Designer / Re: How do I edit lines in mechanical layer 1?
« Last post by Konsolkongen on Today at 01:03:39 pm »
I thought you were using JLC, but you can read about oshpark here:
https://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-orders/board-outline/
https://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-orders/slots/

"Note, currently renders for the board will not fully handle board cutouts. Paying close attention the the thin black lines of the Top preview, as well as the board outline will ensure that your cutout is detected for fabrication."

Its possible you've violated this rule: "Must not cut through another slot or drill hit".
Even if you haven't it seems unlikely to intend to make the board like this.

What is the need for all of those cutouts?

I am making a PCB that will install on top on the PCB of another product. That's why I need the cutouts. Please see attached image.

I plan to release this design so that others can build their own and I would like to share them through JLC and OSHpark if possible.

Maybe the issue with OSHpark is that the cutout (green colored cutout in Altium, in previous post) is going through the two pads?

I should mention that the gerber viewer on JLC does not look correct now that I fixed the M1 layer.
Now that same cutout is filled in :/ In my first design the cutout looked exactly like I was hoping it would. I have attached screenshots of the JLC gerber viewer for both the old and new versions, the one with the logo and cutout is the old version.

JLC does not give any error with the new version, but it never did with my first one either. Not until their engineer contacted me.
Did you cause that destruction by placing probes of a grounded tester onto the HOT side of a line operated power supply? I am guessing the destruction goes beyond what is visible now. Do you have a schematic of the supply or just fumbling around in the dark? If there was stored energy after the regulator and you shorted the input side of the regulator then energy may have traveled through the regulator backwards and probably ruined it along with other possible destruction. Flash+Bang = it's toast.
Thank you,

I finally found some logic to tell ISE to use the input as I/O and not optimize it :
   (* keep = "true" *) wire _temporary_clock = !input_clock_pin;
   wire clock = !_temporary_clock;
In the Fitter Report the "Pin Use" is now "I" instead of "GCK/I".

However the glitch is still there, so as PCB.Wiz you thought, I also believe that this maximum rise/fall time has more to do to the hardware construction of the pin than to what type of logic it is connected to, contrary to what I understood when reading https://support.xilinx.com/s/article/3226

I believe this is a good thing to know about these XC9500XL devices.

About my board, I now know that I have to install a patch wire to another non-GCK pin (in this case the only one left, I-m glad I attached it to a pad for future use !), or one of the solutions you proposed here.

Thank you very much !
Test Equipment / Re: New Keithley DMM6500 and now DAQ6510
« Last post by 0x2102 on Today at 12:57:37 pm »
The case does not really vibrate. I tried putting a small piece of rubber between the transformer and the chassis and that seemed to help a little bit, but not enough that I will ever forget to unplug it from mains.
For a very brief moment I was thinking of dipping the whole transformer into epoxy resin (like I have sometimes seen it with toroidal transformer).  :D

I really like the DMM 6500, so I decided to order another unit and see if that one is any better.
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Solder paste stencil frame adapter
« Last post by SMTech on Today at 12:56:59 pm »
 A nice image would be great. First Monday in May in the UK is a holiday....
Repair / Re: plug in power meter flaw
« Last post by BILLPOD on Today at 12:54:17 pm »
Good Morning Daniel444, Maybe the 'battery' that leaked, and you removed, was not a battery, but a super capacitor.   I'm just guessing here, but it's  :horse:something to check out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next