Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 756882 times)

0 Members and 48 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1975 on: July 13, 2025, 06:09:40 pm »
Hello, I bought a DSO2D15 oscilloscope. Everything works as it should except for one thing. Once I recall a reference waveform from memory, I can't get rid of it in any other way than by resetting the oscilloscope to factory settings. There is nothing about it in the manual and after searching the entire menu I couldn't find anything either. I updated the firmware from 3205 to 3209 downloaded from the official Hantek website. Does anyone know what to do with it? Thanks.
There is a "Close" button on the second page of the "Recall" menu.
 

Offline vaclavpol

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: cz
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1976 on: July 13, 2025, 07:33:16 pm »
Thank you, I missed that there is a second page because it only shows up when you choose to recall reference...  :D

I have one more question. Is it normal that with higher memory depth there is noticeably higher internal noise? And is the overall noise from the attached images okay for this oscilloscope?
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1977 on: July 13, 2025, 07:44:13 pm »
I have one more question. Is it normal that with higher memory depth there is noticeably higher internal noise? And is the overall noise from the attached images okay for this oscilloscope?

This looks normal.
With peak mode you see more noise, with HR and average mode less.
Bandwidth limitation (20MHz) also helps against noise if you don't need higher frequencies.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2025, 07:50:23 pm by Aldo22 »
 

Offline vaclavpol

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: cz
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1978 on: July 16, 2025, 09:02:45 pm »
Okay. I also found that the 50 Ohm mode maybe does not work when using AFG. When I load the output, I do not see any difference between High-Z and 50 Ohm. Is this how it should be?
 

Offline qwr,21

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ye
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1979 on: July 20, 2025, 04:32:16 pm »
Hi
when i restore the system of DSO2D10 by platform-tools
i get this error
Erasing 'rootfs'                                   FAILED (remote: 'failed erasing from device')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Failed to erase the memory!


can anyone help
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1980 on: September 01, 2025, 05:05:59 pm »
New Hantek DSO2D20 series:
DSO2C20, DSO2D20, DSO2C35, DSO2D35, DSO2C50, DSO2D50 - 2 Channels, 200Mhz-500Mhz, 2GSa/s:
https://de.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hantek-dso2d20.html?spm=a2g0o.home.history.1.22e76278bpcocL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2025, 08:13:33 pm by vistorik »
 
The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6924
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1981 on: September 01, 2025, 10:53:21 pm »
I will never get Hantek again...

Also, 80Ksps max. buffer depth is crap!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 
The following users thanked this post: Aleksandr

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1982 on: September 02, 2025, 09:34:20 am »
I will never get Hantek again...

I might buy my DSO2C10 again, which I bought for $130 back then, but this one looks like “old wine in new bottles.”
It seems as if the software/firmware has remained largely the same, with it all the old shortcomings (I hope I'm wrong).
Imo, the price is too high for this package today.
 

Offline Juxtpos

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1983 on: September 03, 2025, 02:11:24 am »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1984 on: September 03, 2025, 08:47:56 am »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.

If it's brand new, I would return it.
Here are the FAQs, in case you want to read them first:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-dso2x1x-models-master-thread/
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1985 on: September 03, 2025, 07:20:34 pm »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.
1. Use dsoflash v0.36 of David (you can get this program from the David's disk)  to get the memory dump. To use dsoflash you will need to put the device in FEL mode. See the FAQs to know how to do this.
2. Use the latest platform-tools from the David's disk in FEL mode to recover the file system of the device. After this the device must start. If not then there is a hardware problem. You may need to apply the USB fix after platform-tools. If the device starts you will need then to restore the system.inf file and maybe the calibration file dds_calbration.dat, using information from the memory dump. See the FAQs to know how to do this. If you will have significant difficulties with this, send me a memory dump in a private message and I will make a upk-file for restoring these two files. If before a problem occurs you've got the backup using David's dso3kb_backup_builder.upk you can restore the system.inf file and the calibration file dds_calbration.dat using dso3kb_CNxxx_Calibration.upk and dso3kb_CNxxx_Model.upk from the backup.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2025, 08:14:04 pm by vistorik »
 

Offline Juxtpos

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1986 on: September 04, 2025, 04:35:26 pm »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.

If it's brand new, I would return it.
Here are the FAQs, in case you want to read them first:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-dso2x1x-models-master-thread/

A new unit is being sent. Is there anything that I should do upon receipt on the first startup?
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1987 on: September 04, 2025, 04:41:27 pm »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.

If it's brand new, I would return it.
Here are the FAQs, in case you want to read them first:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-dso2x1x-models-master-thread/

A new unit is being sent. Is there anything that I should do upon receipt on the first startup?

Yes, do what it says in the FAQ under “Before doing anything, save your important data!”
 

Offline Juxtpos

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1988 on: September 04, 2025, 05:20:42 pm »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.
1. Use dsoflash v0.36 of David (you can get this program from the David's disk)  to get the memory dump. To use dsoflash you will need to put the device in FEL mode. See the FAQs to know how to do this.
2. Use the latest platform-tools from the David's disk in FEL mode to recover the file system of the device. After this the device must start. If not then there is a hardware problem. You may need to apply the USB fix after platform-tools. If the device starts you will need then to restore the system.inf file and maybe the calibration file dds_calbration.dat, using information from the memory dump. See the FAQs to know how to do this. If you will have significant difficulties with this, send me a memory dump in a private message and I will make a upk-file for restoring these two files. If before a problem occurs you've got the backup using David's dso3kb_backup_builder.upk you can restore the system.inf file and the calibration file dds_calbration.dat using dso3kb_CNxxx_Calibration.upk and dso3kb_CNxxx_Model.upk from the backup.

Can this be done on Linux or using a windows emulator on a Mac?
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1989 on: September 04, 2025, 07:28:30 pm »
I received a DSO2D15 over the weekend and when I finally have time to plug it in, it worked for about 10 mins, froze and now will boot, but no functions work. Any solutions to this? Pic attached.
1. Use dsoflash v0.36 of David (you can get this program from the David's disk)  to get the memory dump. To use dsoflash you will need to put the device in FEL mode. See the FAQs to know how to do this.
2. Use the latest platform-tools from the David's disk in FEL mode to recover the file system of the device. After this the device must start. If not then there is a hardware problem. You may need to apply the USB fix after platform-tools. If the device starts you will need then to restore the system.inf file and maybe the calibration file dds_calbration.dat, using information from the memory dump. See the FAQs to know how to do this. If you will have significant difficulties with this, send me a memory dump in a private message and I will make a upk-file for restoring these two files. If before a problem occurs you've got the backup using David's dso3kb_backup_builder.upk you can restore the system.inf file and the calibration file dds_calbration.dat using dso3kb_CNxxx_Calibration.upk and dso3kb_CNxxx_Model.upk from the backup.

Can this be done on Linux or using a windows emulator on a Mac?
dsoflash v0.36 from David and platform-tools from Hantek work on windows. You schould connect your DSO2D15 using USB-cable to a computer, set DSO2D15 in FEL mode und run dsoflash.exe or cmds.bat
Code: [Select]
sunxi-fel uboot images/uboot_fb.bin
fastboot flash boot images/uboot-with-spl-spinand.bin
fastboot flash logo images/logo3.bin
fastboot flash dtb images/suniv-f1c100s-licheepi-nano.dtb
fastboot flash kernel images/uImage


fastboot flash rootfssize images/rootfs.size
rem fastboot flash rootfs images/rootfs.ubifs
fastboot -S 20M flash rootfsa images/rootfs.ubifsaa
fastboot -S 20M flash rootfsb images/rootfs.ubifsab

fastboot flash cache images/cache.ubifs
fastboot flash data images/data.ubifs
fastboot reboot

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
for /f "delims=" %%i in ("images/rootfs.ubi") do (
 set size=%%~zi
)
from platform-tools - both on windows. For FEL mode you need to install drivers - windows drivers. See the FAQs from David.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2025, 08:19:01 pm by vistorik »
 

Offline Juxtpos

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1990 on: September 06, 2025, 01:06:32 am »
I tried the recovery as posted with no luck on a windows 11 system. Everything followed the steps as listed and no errors, but it is still not responding after boot. Will try again when I have some time. Fantastic info shared here regardless of my outcome.
 

Offline vistorik

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 144
  • Country: de
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1991 on: September 06, 2025, 02:35:34 am »
I tried the recovery as posted with no luck on a windows 11 system. Everything followed the steps as listed and no errors, but it is still not responding after boot. Will try again when I have some time. Fantastic info shared here regardless of my outcome.
Did you get a memory dump with David's dsoflash v0.36? If so, please send it to me in a PM. I will try the dump on my device to determine how my device responds after boot with your dump.
 

Offline DavidAlfa

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6924
  • Country: es
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1992 on: September 06, 2025, 09:50:54 am »
Is it booting normally, but not responding to buttons?
There's a known issue with a pin being shorted by the case of the encoder.
Read the faq, also this:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-dso2x1x-models-master-thread/msg5828137/#msg5828137

Please stop using this thread, use the other one!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2025, 09:56:07 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate
 

Offline tintino

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: us
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1993 on: November 18, 2025, 06:49:11 pm »
Hi all, new here.  I ordered a DSO2D15   from Temu  (for $120 tax and ship included, after using a coupon).
While I wait for it to come in the mail,  I was browsing some of these forum posts.

question:
is there any 1 place where all the misleading advertising"  or outright "fake  specs"   are listed   for the DSO2D15  ?

Basically trying to find out in advance what capabilities  to expect , versus the specs that are advertised.

I know few of the issues with DSO2D15 .. but some of you probably know them all. 
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1994 on: November 18, 2025, 07:29:23 pm »
question:
is there any 1 place where all the misleading advertising"  or outright "fake  specs"   are listed   for the DSO2D15  ?

It's not a Fnirsi.  ;)
In my humble opinion, there are no blatant lies.
It's just a cheap scope with corresponding performance and weaknesses.
The biggest mistake is paying too much for it.
But that doesn't seem to be the problem in your case.
 

Offline Grym

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: pl
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1995 on: November 18, 2025, 09:55:46 pm »
Well, actually this scope model features one big lie which doesn't seem to te talked about (or I haven't been paying enough attention). DSO2000 is advertised as 8Mpts / 1GS/s scope. In reality it's 40kpts/1GS/s OR 8Mpts/0.25GS/s. You can't use long memory (one of it's biggets strengtht in comparison to Fnirsi 1014D or Owon SDS200 offerings at that time) with high (>0.25 GS/s) sampling rate. This is not a bug unfortunately - according to Hantek this is how it's meant to be. Oh - and don't forget that 0.25 GS/s will be halved when second channel is enabled (as expected in single ADC designs).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2025, 10:28:40 pm by Grym »
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1996 on: November 18, 2025, 11:21:47 pm »
Well, actually this scope model features one big lie which doesn't seem to te talked about (or I haven't been paying enough attention). DSO2000 is advertised as 8Mpts / 1GS/s scope. In reality it's 40kpts/1GS/s OR 8Mpts/0.25GS/s. You can't use long memory (one of it's biggets strengtht in comparison to Fnirsi 1014D or Owon SDS200 offerings at that time) with high (>0.25 GS/s) sampling rate. This is not a bug unfortunately - according to Hantek this is how it's meant to be. Oh - and don't forget that 0.25 GS/s will be halved when second channel is enabled (as expected in single ADC designs).

Yes, these are limitations, but I wouldn't call them lies.
It's not unusual for specifications not to apply in all circumstances.

But yes, it is a cheap scope.
If you look at it from a “glass half full” perspective, you can live with it.
If you're focused on the shortcomings, you're better off buying a more expensive device.
 

Offline Grym

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: pl
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1997 on: November 18, 2025, 11:57:36 pm »
This is a cheap scope, thus price/performance compomises are to be expected - I fully agree.

 However this particular limition (1GS/a at 40kpts max) is not one of them. If a scope is adverited as X GS/s / Y memory depth, to me it means there should be a way to utilize both of them at the same time. For example Rigol DS1000 family is 1GS/s 24Mpts and as far as I know (granted I don"t have one to check for sure) with one channel enabled it can work like that - as expected.
If it can"t work like that and there is no mention of such limitation in manual/technical data, then someone is lieing.
 

Offline Phil23

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: au
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1998 on: November 20, 2025, 09:00:46 pm »
Great Thread.

Only Received this Scope 2 Days ago & and have learnt a lot from this Thread.

But I've now hit a Simple Brick Wall.

I Just want to Connect it to the Adjacent PC to Capture Screen Shots there & avoid Usb Drive Swapping.
Maybe even just change a setting at times.

BUT,

The Official Download of the DSO2000 Software Won't Install.

First thing the installer complains about is not finding DSO2Dxx.exe.
That's easy to Fix as the Path stated by the installer message is different to what's in the Actual Unzipped Download.

After that, it installed, but won't Launch.
It say it can't find VISA32.dll.

Haven't gone near the USB Drivers Yet, but I believe that the Software should Launch even with no Scope Connected.

Download is from Hantek's Site & is Version 1.0.3.
PC is Win10.

Can Anyone Suggest how to Address this Issue.

Thanks.
 

Online Aldo22

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2729
  • Country: ch
 
The following users thanked this post: OLderDan


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->