This is advertised on the eevblog.com site!
http://energyinnovator.org/?AFFSRC=504369
does the video....ever end?


There's snake oil in the software world too. My all-time favorite is Gibson's SpinRite.
What is the probleme with SpinRite?
The wikipedia page does not speak about any snake oil issues
Having actually recovered hard drives with Spinrite, that rather casts doubt more on Radsoft/Navas than on SpinRite/Gibson, IME.
In any case it is ancient history in computer years.
Never heard of "ionic feet detox" before, but today I stumbled upon this video:
110% Snake Oil!
After treating both sides of a disc, the sound and picture quality will be dramatically improved. S/N ratio and dynamic range are improved and all instruments and vocals become vivid fresh. On the picture, it gives depth and excellent color contrast. Incidentally, a higher effect is provided when you use RIO-5II together with the audio demagnetizer RD-3.
Having actually recovered hard drives with Spinrite, that rather casts doubt more on Radsoft/Navas than on SpinRite/Gibson, IME.
In any case it is ancient history in computer years.
No one has said that SpinRite doesn't work under some circumstances, just that some of the claims that Gibson makes are absurd. His SpinRite pages read like something out of the X-Files.
Now, this made me do a double take. I'm scrolling through one of my favorite ebay sellers' products, minding my own business and BAM, I come across this, thing. It said, CD Demagnetizer. I figured, this can't be serious, no one is this ridiculous... right? I looked it up here on the forums and saw some people had posted about CD demagnetizers and how ludicrous they were, so I went to the website of the company who makes them, and they make a CD Ionizer as well! It boggles my mind that someone would spend 500 dollars on something as assanine as a CD demagnetizer, or a CD Ionizer.
http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/cd_dvd/rio-5.html
http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/cd_dvd/rd-3_1.html
my favorite part is when it saysQuoteAfter treating both sides of a disc, the sound and picture quality will be dramatically improved. S/N ratio and dynamic range are improved and all instruments and vocals become vivid fresh. On the picture, it gives depth and excellent color contrast. Incidentally, a higher effect is provided when you use RIO-5II together with the audio demagnetizer RD-3.
treating both sides?! What, does it help you read the label better?!? Anyway, figured people on here would get a kick or ten out of this. absurd.
At least this is preying on rich with insane disposable income.

But then they don't say that it WILL give high-grade sound, only that it CAN.
He then goes on with this elaborate conspiracy theory about John McAfee and Gibson and finally veers of into a "Gibson doesn't know any programming languages" diatribe.
He then goes on with this elaborate conspiracy theory about John McAfee and Gibson and finally veers of into a "Gibson doesn't know any programming languages" diatribe.
You have to admit, though, that McAfee is a pretty strange guy. Have you heard about his troubles in Belize? It makes for interesting reading. I wouldn't dispel anything Navas says about Gibson just because of what he says about McAfee.
Gibson has toned down the SpinRite claims on his web site in recent years. It used to read like something out of science fiction a few years ago.
"ps. it is no use asking a regular electrician about it as they will think you are talking rubbish, look on Google instead"
If your feet get cold, why not put your hands on the mat? Socks will stop your skin making contact so use your hands instead!
I ordered the mat, but didnt realise I wouldnt need the grounding rod as I live in the UK. Our houses are mostly earthed. BUT I was so impressed with the grounding mat that I have kept the rod just incase I go abroad.
What if you like, spend a lot of time in a basement? With a concrete floor. Then you'd be always grounded, right? Undergrounded, even!
OH JEEZ that is NOT SAFE at all :O... hmm, I had better report that actually - though maybe I can help evolution along by telling them to rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise and then plug themselves in...
--EDIT-- some priceless comments:Quote"ps. it is no use asking a regular electrician about it as they will think you are talking rubbish, look on Google instead"(yeah, they think that because you're talking rubbish...)QuoteIf your feet get cold, why not put your hands on the mat? Socks will stop your skin making contact so use your hands instead!(In fact, why not wear the grounding mat on your head!)QuoteI ordered the mat, but didnt realise I wouldnt need the grounding rod as I live in the UK. Our houses are mostly earthed. BUT I was so impressed with the grounding mat that I have kept the rod just incase I go abroad.(wait... so your house is earthed but you need a grounding rod as well? um okay...)