Center alignment - only when one ch1 or ch2 channel is switched on
I will adjust the menu so that it is possible to set the dc shift. But in my opinion it is caused by the calculation, when min-max is large (caused by interference) it makes the shift increased by this value.
There is still a possibility to ignore the shift if the MAX-MIN difference is < like 6. then it could work normally for DC voltage.
The RESTORE button will be added in mine, for loading the values from the SD card even if the checksum does not pass. (this is so that when I make some adjustments, you don't have to calibrate again)
If a change in the program will require calibration, I will write it when the firmware is released.
Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but why do you need to make a backup copy of the factory firmware before downloading alternative firmware?
After all, alternative firmware is located on the SD and does not affect the built-in software?
I don’t have a machine with Linux and without being able to make a backup copy, I’m afraid I’ll ruin something...
Just in case. Recently, someone here rewrote the TP configuration. He had a deposit so he could easily fix it. Can't upload backup firmware under win? Apart from the long connection time of 1-2 minutes of the disk it should work. For example, I didn't back up, I made a backup later. And that's why I froze the oscilloscope.
...
I don’t have a machine with Linux and without being able to make a backup copy, I’m afraid I’ll ruin something...
Disassemble the switched off device, remove the microSD, and put it in a safe place. Insert a new card of the same capacity. FAT32 format. Turn on the device. Make sure everything works. Flash with the required firmware.
To create a flash drive image in Win, you can use free versions of programs (DMDE, ImageUSB). They allow you to make a sector-by-sector copy.
Only this is a backup of flash memory soldered to the pcb and a backup of the TP configuration. After that, a special firmware is used, see the instructions.
Sorry, I did not understand that we are talking about spi-flash. In this case, you can use the CH341 programmer, or a similar one, with support for the 25 series.
I downloaded the fnirsi_1013d_fwb.bin file from the respected Pcprogrammer's github repository. Booted to microSD using FNIRSI_Firmware_Loader. Turned the oscilloscope off and on. As a result of the program, three files appeared on the microSD card:
FNIRSI_1013D_full_flash_backup.bin
FNIRSI_1013D_tp_config.bin
FWB_FSI-1013.bin
The contents of the first file completely coincide with what I read with the programmer.
Hello! I want to thank everyone who is involved in improving this oscilloscope! I do a little electrical work and bought it to look at waveforms in a car. Like a car diagnostician. When I tried to take an oscillogram from the ignition, I saw that it did not show the breakdown peak, but the trigger was adjusted to this peak. This means that it sees the peak, but does not show it. For the ignition waveform, I used a capacitive-inductive non-contact sensor. I realized that his software is not perfect. Then I started looking for alternative software and found this forum. I installed the software from here and saw that after rearranging the software, the oscilloscope began to show the peak I needed. This means your software works better than the factory one. Thanks again for your work! But I noticed that in normal trigger mode the oscilloscope constantly freezes. Either I'm doing something wrong or the software has bugs. I have version V1.012. I see, that there are later versions in time, but they are smaller in number. For example V0.024. Which version is the latest and most working? And how to install it?
A few pages back is the latest firmware 0.0xxx which you can download and upload under Linux or use the loader program for Windows. And there is a manual somewhere. The firmware you have there 1.00x still has a long connection time in windows, you will have to wait more than 1 minute before it recognizes the oscilloscope disk.
Hello, Can I ask you for the latest firmware with a modified menu for calibration like the photo in your post above? Thanks
Please share the firmware that you asked for in the photo.
Hello, Can I ask you for the latest firmware with a modified menu for calibration like the photo in your post above? Thanks
Please share the firmware that you asked for in the photo.
Which firmware are you hinting at?
If it is about the FLASH firmware backup you can find it in my
repository.
The binary of Atlan's latest is
here.
The source code of that can be found
here.
Then probably you can find it
here.
@
AtlanIt'll be goog to show FW version on calibration screen.
Why is it not possible to change the sampling frequency in single mode? PC
Why is it not possible to change the sampling frequency in single mode? PC
I don't know. It should be possible to set any rate you like, but it might trigger a capture and stop. A next press on run should be with the new sample rate.
The change offer is inactive. (I don't know if it was originally or if I changed it somewhere)
The change offer is inactive. (I don't know if it was originally or if I changed it somewhere)
Here still on V0.005 I can change the sampling rate, but I did notice that it has some other error. The trace gets zoomed to a narrow display range. See picture. It should be on full display, but I think that has to do with a mismatch between the two settings in the system. One for when stopped and the other for when running, and they should be made equal in this case.
Noticed it too on the 1014D I'm working on at the moment, so it goes on the list of things to solve.
Edit: When stopped you can't change the sampling rate, because that is a property of the sampled data, but you can change the time per division to zoom. So only when in run mode it is possible to set the sampling rate, and that works in in single mode as it should. Except for the above mentioned problem.
Wouldn't it be better if you applied the newer version 0.024. Instead of 0.005? Many problems that were found have been removed in it. I added some

and the functions of the oscilloscope are divided (c for controlling the oscilloscope and c for the menu)
Wouldn't it be better if you applied the newer version 0.024. Instead of 0.005? Many problems that were found have been removed in it. I added some
and the functions of the oscilloscope are divided (c for controlling the oscilloscope and c for the menu)
I have your modifications and will incorporate them in the 1014D code, but at first I have to get a working system. Made the same separation between scope and user interface functions, but can't use the user interface functions of the 1013D for the 1014D because it is very different. So it is that part that I have to get fully coded first.
Then there is a slight difference in the FPGA, that also needs looking into, but I'm not sure how important that is. I already have something working with the 1013D functions and it is showing traces.
A major part that is new is the function generator for which I do have to go back to the Ghidra archive to look into the needed functions for that.
My 1013D is still running on V0.005. Have not used it since I did the development, only until recently to check some issues with the SD card on the 1014D, and today to check on your question.
In my 1013D is 8GB card. I don't have another 8GB card. Can I use a 32GB card to try it out? I could use Gparted to reduce it to 8GB
In my 1013D is 8GB card. I don't have another 8GB card. Can I use a 32GB card to try it out? I could use Gparted to reduce it to 8GB
It should work with the 32GB card. No need to reduce the partition size. I have tested it with a 32GB card, but if the speed grade is to low it might fail.
But you can just use the original 8GB card. Getting rid of the new firmware is a simple write with zeros to sector 16.
Original 8GB card is "Write speed 22-35M/S, read speed up to 80M/S(SD3.0)". that's not a lot of speed.