As does the SDS800X HD:
But how did markus_jlrb's question come about?
Is it not obvious enough?
The only way to avoid the occasional misunderstanding would be to avoid the "amplitude" term entirely. But I can't think of a good alternative, and changing it now would introduce even more confusion anyway. So we will have to live with the occasional thread about this, I guess...
Because they cost money. Lower budget probes often don't come with springs.That's a simple explanation and probably 99% true...
OTOH, I've got a set of 250 MHz Testec probes, not an expert, but they look quite good (LF and HF compensation, sharp gold plated tip, good strain relief etc.).
They come with the usual grabber and ground alligator lead, but they also include adjustment screwdriver, a spare metal tip, and a nice BNC to probe adapter.
Still no ground spring!Ground spring is very useful for measuring power supply noise, because of the proximity of the inductor, and noise. Or high speed digital signals.
Get yourself a set, they are like 2 EUR for 5 pieces (get the correct diameter)
www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006411386510.html
Honestly they are so cheap you might just use it as a solder in connection.
I am considering getting the SDS804X-HD, does somebody know what groundspring diameter I need to order for the included probes?
Also, is there a consensus from the experts if the included PB470 probes are good enough when going up to 200MHz (and a bit beyond) or would it be advised to get entirely different probes, like the Testec MX-312 for example (any other probes recommended)?
For the screen protector I would use one for the Steamdeck based on this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds800x-hd-12-bit-dsos-coming/msg5512936/#msg5512936
Anything else I forgot?
I am considering getting the SDS804X-HD, does somebody know what groundspring diameter I need to order for the included probes?
Also, is there a consensus from the experts if the included PB470 probes are good enough when going up to 200MHz (and a bit beyond) or would it be advised to get entirely different probes, like the Testec MX-312 for example (any other probes recommended)?
The stock PP510 probes of my 814X HD came complete with ground springs. Is that different for the 804X HD probes?
I am considering getting the SDS804X-HD, does somebody know what groundspring diameter I need to order for the included probes?
Also, is there a consensus from the experts if the included PB470 probes are good enough when going up to 200MHz (and a bit beyond) or would it be advised to get entirely different probes, like the Testec MX-312 for example (any other probes recommended)?
The stock PP510 probes of my 814X HD came complete with ground springs. Is that different for the 804X HD probes?
Has anyone measured watt consumption on the Siglent SDS800X HD with e.g. 1 channel and 4 channels ?
Has anyone measured watt consumption on the Siglent SDS800X HD with e.g. 1 channel and 4 channels ?
https://www.siglenteu.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2024/07/SDS800X-HD_Datasheet_EN01D.pdf
Page 19
Power Supply
Input voltage & frequency: 100 ~ 240 Vrms 50/60 Hz
Power consumption: 80 W max., 40 W typical, 4 W typical in standby mode
I used a chinese socket with power measurment I usually visually check to understand how much voltage is available at my power strip.
I didn't record the values between 1 ch power on and 4 ch power on ...
I guess the bigger difference is how much CPU power you are using i.e. how much calculation/math you set up.
Actually, I would have liked to have measured how many watts the SDS800X HD consumes by standing idle with two channels on.
Actually, I would have liked to have measured how many watts the SDS800X HD consumes by standing idle with two channels on.

I didn't see you put the ground clip on the ground terminal next o the CAL output. That may not fix the problem, but you should get used to doing it.
I tried but it didn't make any changes. Thanks for the reply though.