Again, the magnova, as any other flex cable, can hardly be pulled out of the scope without pulling on the flex cable.
Although I do not see myself breaking these flatcables anytime soon this discussion could have been prevented if Batronix would have used these plastic (or fabric) loops under the strain relief that you can pull on to get the plug out. A cheap solution with the added advantage that the plug is pulled straight up out of the connector instead of being pulled slightly to one side which happens when you pull on the flatcable. This makes disconnection a bit easier. But I'll live with the current solution which will probably outlive me.
I find the cable identification used (print-on white shrink tube) a more worrying choice. I use this print-on material for some projects and in my experience the printed text comes off quite easily. And indeed, rubbing my fingers over the channel numbers did immediately make it smear a bit and make the text less legible. So I wonder how long this will survive my sweaty fingers. Apart from that the text is difficult to read when inserted in an EZ hook and hanging somewhere on a PCB.
Why not use resistor color coding (brown -> grey) for cable colors? That never comes off and is much easier to read / interpret. It might clash with the colors available for the digital channels in the scope but that would definitely be my preference.
Why not use resistor color coding (brown -> grey) for cable colors? That never comes off and is much easier to read / interpret. It might clash with the colors available for the digital channels in the scope but that would definitely be my preference.
Color coded shrink wrap that matches the default digital channel colors would be the easiest thing.
It was included in the delivery, so it's original.
Hello Martin,
which brand is this hardcase you are using to store the SPL2016?
Hello Ulrich,
I got it for the logic probes and the deskew board, and I'm going to get it again for the Batronix logic probes:
Case
Why not use resistor color coding (brown -> grey) for cable colors? That never comes off and is much easier to read / interpret. It might clash with the colors available for the digital channels in the scope but that would definitely be my preference.
Color coded shrink wrap that matches the default digital channel colors would be the easiest thing.
As it is now the wire colors match the channels yet I had my first mix up between D0 and D4, both yellow, within 5 minutes of toying with the probes. To each their own, but I prefer that every wire coming out of one unit has its own unique color except for the GND wires that can be (and are) black.
I don't think it's as bad as it was in the SPL2016, with two groups, even if they are the same colours.
(Incidentally, the grey ribbon cable has a coaxial structure.)
Hello,
my Siglent SPL2016 came in a simple cardboard box, not in a nice case.
Best regards
egonotto
Mine came in a plastic bag. 😅
Hello Ulrich,
I got it for the logic probes and the deskew board, and I'm going to get it again for the Batronix logic probes:
Case
Arrived today and immediately prepared, looks good.
Better than in the ordinary cardboard box, for just over €20.

Now I have three of the same cases, I'll have to ask Batronix if they can give me some stickers with the company logo...
What's the specs on logic analyzer btw?
Sample rate vs number of channels?
Memory vs number of channels?
Shared memory with DSO?
What's the specs on logic analyzer btw?
Sample rate vs number of channels?
Memory vs number of channels?
Shared memory with DSO?
You can find most of that info in the datasheet of the scope.
But it's a bit hidden, so I'll take the liberty of highlighting it a little....

In short, the maximum sample rate is 1.6GSa/s, and the maximum memory (which naturally comes from the scope itself) is 327.2Mpts.
It’s not a matter of being hidden, but of being lazy
I'll have to ask Batronix if they can give me some stickers with the company logo... 
I made it myself with a label printer...
I'll have to ask Batronix if they can give me some stickers with the company logo... 
I made it myself with a label printer...
Is that a Brother? If so can I get a copy of the .lbx file? I know, I'm lazy...
Hi Woody,
I created the label at home using my T50M Pro:
Supvan T50M ProSoftware as an app for your smartphone or PC.
We have Brother at work, so I could give you the file next week...
I'll have to ask Batronix if they can give me some stickers with the company logo... 
I made it myself with a label printer...
I would have put the label just in that square, but that is just me.
Not just you...

I tried putting a label in the designated area yesterday, but failed because of the “bump” in the middle, which has to be sanded down first so that a label can stick there.
Until then, the label will remain where it is now.
I wish I could sand off that bump in my middle :-)
Hello,
I think that would hurt a lot.
Best regards
egonotto
Anyone remember this series on tv?
‘Such fun’
The Royle family! Can only be British 😀