Thanks for the heads-up. I feel like a bit of a doof for not researching deeper, but then this listing is a lot cheaper than most on this particular model; what I saw on fleaBay looked like similar prices until I looked again.
Everything nowadays "box full of air" is the norm... if you can't shrink an item and still have it serve as needed, you can at least save on the weight of your shipping container. I wonder where on GitHub the original open-source project is that they snurched for this...
mnem

The History of JDS/Feeltech is fairly muddy but one copied the other to a degree is clear based on the layout and close clone look of both. I haven't seen any evidence that either was pinched from an open source or other project.
Thanks! Now to look round for manuals...
Methinks that you need to take a wire brush to those jacks.
Thanks for the heads-up. I feel like a bit of a doof for not researching deeper, but then this listing is a lot cheaper than most on this particular model; what I saw on fleaBay looked like similar prices until I looked again.
Everything nowadays "box full of air" is the norm... if you can't shrink an item and still have it serve as needed, you can at least save on the weight of your shipping container. I wonder where on GitHub the original open-source project is that they snurched for this...
mnem

The History of JDS/Feeltech is fairly muddy but one copied the other to a degree is clear based on the layout and close clone look of both. I haven't seen any evidence that either was pinched from an open source or other project. 
I find that notion shocking, considering it appears that 95% of the thing is an Arduino (or Pi, or STMDuino) with the 2.4" OLED touchscreen shield installed.

Well, good on them then. I hadn't noticed the core weakness of the thing; being that only the Sine output goes to 60MHz. From what I see looking at specs it appears AWG, Saw, Square, etc only go 15MHz. I think maybe the FY6800 is worth the extra $40 to get 25MHz and internal SMPS.
mnem
*Knocks self unconscious with clock mallet*
I haven't seen any docs for those. Old stuff is hard to find. Old stuff built for government, scientific, or other niche markets is even harder.
Yeah, no joy so far.
Thanks! Now to look round for manuals...
Methinks that you need to take a wire brush to those jacks.
I will!
So all that was wrong with it (other than needing calibration) was sticking keys. After cleaning those up, the error condition went away and it works! 10 V from my bench supply.
The History of JDS/Feeltech is fairly muddy but one copied the other to a degree is clear based on the layout and close clone look of both. I haven't seen any evidence that either was pinched from an open source or other project. 
I find that notion shocking, considering it appears that 95% of the thing is an Arduino (or Pi, or STMDuino) with the 2.4" OLED touchscreen shield installed. 
Well, good on them then. I hadn't noticed the core weakness of the thing; being that only the Sine output goes to 60MHz. From what I see looking at specs it appears AWG, Saw, Square, etc only go 15MHz. I think maybe the FY6800 is worth the extra $40 to get 25MHz and internal SMPS.
My recollection is similar to beanflying's. I'm sure the relevant posts are around the forum somewhere as it's most likely I read about it here many moons ago. I also vaguely recall talk of one of the engineers having defected or something to that effect and thus was born the competing product. Then came the claims that the copy was inferior because of this and that poor design decisions, etc.
Anyway, the FY6800 is definitely better than the FY6600. Beware that there are some firmware versions (or maybe it was just one version) of the FY6600 that bricked units without warning. Check the FY6600 thread for details on that and so much more.
After letting things warm up, it's doing better:
I'm very happy with it. I saw the Nixie tubes and just couldn't pass up the opportunity to add some nixies to my collection.

I was really looking at HP DC supplies when I found the voltmeter...the supplies were a little more beat up than I want sadly.
Back another generation from the Nixie

Seems to need a manual trigger to do a frequency measurement/count

More playing later Tek Cart assembling time
The orange stuff, the red stuff, the green stuff, the ... ooh, shiny!
2 from 2 touch wood

The 453 has a very grubby face so the lid has been off for a while and the foam in the lid has broken down. Graticule illumination needs a tweak and seems like it needs a litre or two of deoxit. Interesting for a 50MHz scope the signal falls of a lot above 20 based on a quick test. Last thing is the Manual is EPIC
My favorite part of this series of scopes is the delay time multiplier knob.
Now we're talking. 453 = proper scope

Also you're right about the manual. It's one of the best out there.
Want one again now!
Is that one of those things with 10 light bulbs in it stacked vertically for each digit?
Always wanted to see inside one