Apples & onions...? Hmmmm... Dammit!!! Now I have a hankering for Hawaiian-style BBQ pig... 
mnem
*knocks self unconscious with a ejection seat mallet*
More like black pudding, bacon and a stir-fry of onion slices and halved apple discs, in bacon fat or if you've got it, duck fat. Under-rated Tuesday food.
I think my cholesterol just went up 2 points reading this thread.....
Finally I got my new toy.
Finally I got my new toy.
very nice bro!
i see you have your octoPi on standby already
Finally I got my new toy.
very nice bro!
i see you have your octoPi on standby already 
Not in standby already working with, I just need a case and a Camera to have the full setup.
3D printing is really interesting topic and I alway wanted to give it a try .
Currently I'm fighting with with the setup/calibration of the printer which are more complicated as expected.
The hammer analogy is a bad one (ie. apples and onions comparison), also need to differentiate ratio between design issue or maintenance fail thats caused the non-combat losses.
Why? Both essentially designed to pound something flat or try to reduce it to its component parts i.e. Widlarize. I don't really see the need to go any deeper than "This is a very expensive way to destroy things, and it gets itself destroyed while in the toolbag more often than it manages to destroy something else when deployed".
The original point was "104 kills, 0 combat losses". The counterpoint was 175 non-combat loses. With any other tool people wouldn't say "it's very good at it's job" they'd say "It's junk, it breaks itself more often than it breaks the things it is designed to break". Just because it's a war plane people glamorize it, when viewed as a system or a tool to do a specific job (deny the enemy use of the airspace) it fails expensively more often than it (expensively) finally does its job. From a utilitarian point of view it is an expensive failure; that it is perhaps the best in its class over its whole 44 year history just means that the other tools in this task space are even junkier.
Turned on my computer this morning, checked email, found my mouse had been delivered to my doorstep at 2:50am, courier Bluecare Express.
It wasn't there last night, so the time might well be accurate!
Turned on my computer this morning, checked email, found my mouse had been delivered to my doorstep at 2:50am, courier Bluecare Express.
It wasn't there last night, so the time might well be accurate!
That just sucks, there is going to a massive amount of claims filed for none delivery of goods if that continues as I'm sure that many items will be taken by doorstep thieves.
Yeah it's a shit show at the moment in that respect. Amazon delivered something yesterday and didn't ring the doorbell.
Got a new monitor turning up today from amazon as well and I am wondering if they're just going to dump that and run.
Edit: random rant. Why do all consumer and "business grade" electronics suddenly ship with flakey-ass poorly engineered soldered onto the mainboard USB-C connectors. ?!?!? Such a shitty inadequate design.
Turned on my computer this morning, checked email, found my mouse had been delivered to my doorstep at 2:50am, courier Bluecare Express.
It wasn't there last night, so the time might well be accurate!
That just sucks, there is going to a massive amount of claims filed for none delivery of goods if that continues as I'm sure that many items will be taken by doorstep thieves.
Quite possibly, but given my location and the house's geometry, I'm relatively relaxed.
Dump and run is par for the course here with all the delivery services but at least they put the packages in the enclosed front porch so it's out of view from the street.
It also helps enormously if they employ drivers who can actually read addresses correctly
Yeah good luck with that. Mine get delivered to another street occasionally.
Just had another amazon delivery for my eldest. The dude threw the package behind the upside recycling box I keep in the porch as a table and knocked lightly on the door, barely audible. Didn't touch the bell ffs.
I guess I can't complain all the delivery services seem to be on the ball except USPS is a little weird. They obviously deliver mail/packages every day. But some days they are here at about 11:30 AM and other days don't show up until after 1:30 PM. You never know from one day to the next.
UPS tends to deliver mid-day. FedEx usually late afternoon. If I'm expecting a package from them I watch the tracking and make sure I'm here so it doesn't sit long on the front porch.
Yeah good luck with that. Mine get delivered to another street occasionally.
Just had another amazon delivery for my eldest. The dude threw the package behind the upside recycling box I keep in the porch as a table and knocked lightly on the door, barely audible. Didn't touch the bell ffs.
I get that, the door has an old-fashioned door knocker at high level and doorbell at lock level, do the use the doorbell nah, only the postman does that.
Finally I got my new toy.
very nice bro!
i see you have your octoPi on standby already 
Not in standby already working with, I just need a case and a Camera to have the full setup.
3D printing is really interesting topic and I alway wanted to give it a try .
Currently I'm fighting with with the setup/calibration of the printer which are more complicated as expected.
Leveling the bat is a chellence, but once done its okey, i use glass/mirror as a base, it sticks very good, no glu needed.
i advice you to print an heattower, to find teh best temprature for your fillemend, i found i needed toprint a lot higher then on the spool was mentioned.
on my youtube channel i have some links about this tower...i made prob. all your mistakes too ;-)
Tony
Finally I got my new toy.
very nice bro!
i see you have your octoPi on standby already 
Not in standby already working with, I just need a case and a Camera to have the full setup.
3D printing is really interesting topic and I alway wanted to give it a try .
Currently I'm fighting with with the setup/calibration of the printer which are more complicated as expected.
Leveling the bat is a chellence, but once done its okey, i use glass/mirror as a base, it sticks very good, no glu needed.
i advice you to print an heattower, to find teh best temprature for your fillemend, i found i needed toprint a lot higher then on the spool was mentioned.
on my youtube channel i have some links about this tower...i made prob. all your mistakes too ;-)
Tony
Leveling is a nightmare.
Even is the printer is equipped with a sensor, the compensation is not working well or the resolution of the step motors is not high enough.
I will have to do the leveling with a dial gauge ( like I'm doing it with my milling machine) to get better results.
Doing it with a filling gauge is just suboptimal.
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...
I have the CR10S Pro (the max is the same printer just bigger) with all the last improvement including self levelling bed, which is not completely automated.
You need to do the leveling manually anyway and better it is better is the result.
The self leveling is just a way to do minimum compensation.
ABS is definitively supported.
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...
Someone on this forum in TEA, told to by a Endor 3...it was out of stock, so i ended-up with an Ender5Pro ,, with silentboard, fullmetal extruder en the capricorn tubing from factory.. ;-)
I was looking into the Creality CR10-MAX, so I could print a bezel in one go. Has a self leveling bed, improved heating bed etc. Oddly enough, it does not list ABS as possible materials. So now, I'm not sure what to do...
I have the CR10S Pro (the max is the same printer just bigger) with all the last improvement including self levelling bed, which is not completely automated.
You need to do the leveling manually anyway and better it is better is the result.
The self leveling is just a way to do minimum compensation.
ABS is definitively supported.
Good to know! Well, didn't make sense. Why a fancy heated bed if you can't do ABS with it..
Almost forgot......
One broken one working... just in today
the PM2527 is hugh, did not expect that