I’ve actually got two at the moment and I can’t do either of them
I’m mostly working on “administrative shit” at the moment 
In the decent companies I've worked in, the decent middle managers have been adept at umbrella management deflecting seagull managers. I've always thought that to be a joyless way od spending your life 
So what... they've changed the species of bird now? We used to call them the MPs; because they never come out of their pigeonholes except to sqwawk and flap aboot and shit all over everything...
mnem
What goes around, comes around again... and again... and again...
I assume "MP's" are Magpies?
Well that was the easy bit with the HP 5248M, one dead 1853-0001 transistor (Q3) on the A25 oscillator power supply board replaced, luckily I had a used spare from something else. Output now back to +20V with a load test and I reconnected/refitted it to the counter.
Apparently 1853-0001 is a selected 2N1132 (according to the 5065A manual) and 1854-0003 on the same board is a selected 2N1711, if that helps anyone else who needs to replace those.
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1117422)
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1117426)
Still lots more problems to find & fix with this counter, at least it now has a 5MHz & 10MHz output on the back from the 00105 series crystal oven, none of the other selections or the separate 100MHz output are working.
The main input board & six out of the eight display boards are working properly, but it currently only counts in manual count mode with the gate active all the time.
David
Sorry Mnem, I was going to post most of that last night but got too tired.

David
Well that was the easy bit with the HP 5248M, one dead 1853-0001 transistor (Q3) on the A25 oscillator power supply board replaced, luckily I had a used spare from something else. Output now back to +20V with a load test and I reconnected/refitted it to the counter.
Apparently 1853-0001 is a selected 2N1132 (according to the 5065A manual) and 1854-0003 on the same board is a selected 2N1711, if that helps anyone else who needs to replace those.
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1117422)
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1117426)
Still lots more problems to find & fix with this counter, at least it now has a 5MHz & 10MHz output on the back from the 00105 series crystal oven, none of the other selections or the separate 100MHz output are working.
The main input board & six out of the eight display boards are working properly, but it currently only counts in manual count mode with the gate active all the time.
David
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
I haven't got any NOS HP transistors, only used spares.
The TVT book I have gives BC160, 2N2905 or 2SA537 as equivalent types for the 2N1132, I have some new of the first two. And BFY46, BFY68, BSY54 or BSY71 as equivalent types for the 2N1711, haven't got any of those.
Interesting that NTE can replace both the 2N1132 and 2N1711 with one type, which can't be right as one is NPN & the other PNP.
David
One of the better points about HP was that if I had been promoted six times I would have been CEO. The reasons the intervening levels were there were obvious and sensible.
ISTR that IBM had 14 layers.
The only management book that is worth the paper is "Up The Organisation"
If I'm promoted four times I'm Director General. That will never, ever happen, mostly because I don't want to, but also because I'm no journalist, and it's only those who get that seat.
The levels above me are more or less removed from reality. As they often are. I am, however, on speaking terms with all of them except the DG; mostly because I haven't had reason to.
Much of the present company is organised along the lines of Qui audet adipiscitur; which means that they who get shit done are rewarded. If your job is to provide a service upon which shit gets done this can be a bit of a challenge, what with the demands of predictability conflicting with the desires of ambitious people..
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
I haven't got any NOS HP transistors, only used spares.
The TVT book I have gives BC160, 2N2905 or 2SA537 as equivalent types for the 2N1132, I have some new of the first two. And BFY46, BFY68, BSY54 or BSY71 as equivalent types for the 2N1711, haven't got any of those.
Interesting that NTE can replace both the 2N1132 and 2N1711 with one type, which can't be right as one is NPN & the other PNP.
David
A lot of such FUBARs since NTE took over the ECG catalog; I'd guess transcription errors by wage-slave data-entry types with absolutely zero knowledge of transistor parameters vs the way ECG documented MCPs in the catalog.

mnem
Sorry... not enuf complete illiterates in here for that to work; you'll have to paint us a picture.

mnem
*agitating-ily*
His stuff is never worth the asking price, though I was hoping it was along the lines of an IR target illuminator rather than a more mundane CCTV light source.
As to the inferred pun, looks like I need to telegraph my humour a bit more. Anyone have a good morse key?
I can't understand why his pricey stuff keeps selling (OK having the international shipping may help), for example that non-working
-hp- 3460A sold for somewhere under
£300 (we will never know the actual sold price thanks to ePay's deceit

).
eBay auction: #324372745454David
Okay... so when did Android remove "Call duration" from "Call Details"...? This has been essential information instantly available on every cellphone since... well... since they were just cellular phones.

The more I use Android10, the more it feels like the "we took everything useful out so now you have to install a app for that" ASSHOLE VERSION.

mnem
Android is the worst for such fuckery. Not that the fuckery ever even worked to start with.
I am STILL bitter from the week of holiday photos that their pile of shit ate with a corrupt SD card. Turned out it had stopped backing the photos up to google photos as well

. Bought an iPhone after that. Zero problems (apart from I cracked mine the other day - thank fuck for 28 days of applecare left

)
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
I haven't got any NOS HP transistors, only used spares.
The TVT book I have gives BC160, 2N2905 or 2SA537 as equivalent types for the 2N1132, I have some new of the first two. And BFY46, BFY68, BSY54 or BSY71 as equivalent types for the 2N1711, haven't got any of those.
Interesting that NTE can replace both the 2N1132 and 2N1711 with one type, which can't be right as one is NPN & the other PNP.
David
A lot of such FUBARs since NTE took over the ECG catalog; I'd guess transcription errors by wage-slave data-entry types with absolutely zero knowledge of transistor parameters vs the way ECG documented MCPs in the catalog. 
mnem
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1078852;image)
All this talk of transitor subsitution makes me think of TITS

For non UK members Towers Internatonal Transistor Selector was the UK equivilent to TVT or D.A.T.A books. Never did work out if the acronym was deliberate or not
His stuff is never worth the asking price, though I was hoping it was along the lines of an IR target illuminator rather than a more mundane CCTV light source.
As to the inferred pun, looks like I need to telegraph my humour a bit more. Anyone have a good morse key?
I can't understand why his pricey stuff keeps selling (OK having the international shipping may help), for example that non-working -hp- 3460A sold for somewhere under £300 (we will never know the actual sold price thanks to ePay's deceit
).
<SNIP>
David
You used to be able to get an idea by selecting sellers other items, sold items, orderd by price. This would oder on sold price so if sell sold a lot you knew it was no less than the item below it in the list. They seem to have "fixed" that feature.
His stuff is never worth the asking price, though I was hoping it was along the lines of an IR target illuminator rather than a more mundane CCTV light source.
As to the inferred pun, looks like I need to telegraph my humour a bit more. Anyone have a good morse key?
I can't understand why his pricey stuff keeps selling (OK having the international shipping may help), for example that non-working -hp- 3460A sold for somewhere under £300 (we will never know the actual sold price thanks to ePay's deceit
).
eBay auction: #324372745454
David
I dunno aboot that... from a seller's perspective, it's a good thing and it's none of your damned business if I was desperate enough
that one time to accept a crazy lowball offer on some really valuable item. Just invites all the lowballing lowlifes to inundate you with BS offers, half of which have no intent of actually paying anyways; they're the reason I've pretty much completely stopped selling on fuckBay.
You wouldn't expect to get such confidential information from a IRL auction house; why would you expect it from fleaBay...? Oh, right... because in a previous incarnation they did ignorantly publish such privileged information for a while...

mnem
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1117480;image)
eBay.
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
I haven't got any NOS HP transistors, only used spares.
The TVT book I have gives BC160, 2N2905 or 2SA537 as equivalent types for the 2N1132, I have some new of the first two. And BFY46, BFY68, BSY54 or BSY71 as equivalent types for the 2N1711, haven't got any of those.
Interesting that NTE can replace both the 2N1132 and 2N1711 with one type, which can't be right as one is NPN & the other PNP.
David
A lot of such FUBARs since NTE took over the ECG catalog; I'd guess transcription errors by wage-slave data-entry types with absolutely zero knowledge of transistor parameters vs the way ECG documented MCPs in the catalog. 
mnem
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1078852;image)
Hold your horses and blaming "the man" again. Perhaps little old peon me made a mistake. Let me go check again. Geez....everything is a fucking conspiracy with you. 
Holy shit, can you believe it. It was
ME who fucked up. So sorry to blow your conspiracy theory all to hell.

2N1132 PNP NTE129
2N1711 NPN NTE128
Both are available via Amazon USA.
In case you run out of NOS 2N1132 and 2N1711 both are replaceable by NTE128 although may need some tweaking. And it's available via Amazon, at least here in the U.S.
I haven't got any NOS HP transistors, only used spares.
The TVT book I have gives BC160, 2N2905 or 2SA537 as equivalent types for the 2N1132, I have some new of the first two. And BFY46, BFY68, BSY54 or BSY71 as equivalent types for the 2N1711, haven't got any of those.
Interesting that NTE can replace both the 2N1132 and 2N1711 with one type, which can't be right as one is NPN & the other PNP.
David
A lot of such FUBARs since NTE took over the ECG catalog; I'd guess transcription errors by wage-slave data-entry types with absolutely zero knowledge of transistor parameters vs the way ECG documented MCPs in the catalog. 
mnem
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1078852;image)
Hold your horses and blaming "the man" again. Perhaps little old peon me made a mistake. Let me go check again. Geez....everything is a fucking conspiracy with you. 
Where the FUCK did THAT come from...? Everybody knows NTE's entire catalog structure and cross-reference was lifted from ECG's catalog... this isn't conspiracy, it's fucking history.
When ECG closed up shop, NTE bought out their remaining inventory, and you often got ECG baggies in your NTE orders. Wouldn't be surprised if you still do with oddball low-demand parts they haven't sold out of yet in the intervening decades.

mnem
smeesh.
How to sub transistors like a pro:
2N1132 -> fuck it BD139 will do
2N1711 -> fuck it BD139 will do.