I've been a little antsy about the progress (or lack of) of my 3478A. It has been a while since I last brought something in from the States, but the wait feels interminable.
No doubt this is a function of the increased visibility available these days through tracking events and the greater interest I have in this shipment than I have had for some time .... plus the Covid-19 factor just puts an edge on things as well.
I need a local distraction.
Things from the USA to the UK typically take 2 to 3 weeks, so I would expect to maybe add another week to reach Oz.
I have had parcels take 3-5 days to clear Erlanger then have a holiday in Hawaii for another few days in 'normal' times so a couple of weeks to Oz via GPS isn't a worry yet.
Yeah looking good. Has 2A range as well which is handy. Will be a bit jumpy on that I imagine. Will grab one in morning. Thanks for feedback 
This is car related for ref. Got problems
. Want to check something before I pay someone a lot of money for some bollocks
Just don't let the Uni-t 210e plugged at the battery terminal when starting the car.
EDIT: Starting my previous car, Opel Astra 1.7 Diesel (299A peak)

EDIT2: Search for "ISO-Tech" @ebay, you may find something that interests you, though I totally agree that a Uni-t 210e is a must have for low current at the price. I have one.
Neat installation that. Completely overkill but neat 
Thanks. That's actually an old photo. The printer is even more overkill now.

The lack of fans is pretty much essential. I don't have a particularly large apartment and with some prints taking several days, I don't want the noise from the printer disturbing my sleep. The big 480W supply runs the 450W heated bed and the 240W one runs the steppers, control electronics and hot end heater.
I'm back. Got there just before 6 AM and there was a line of about 10 waiting to get in. And word got out that it was for 60+ only but store staff was right there at the door making sure. Store was certainly much busier than I see at 6 AM but not packed. But as I was checking out there were a lot more old folks coming in.
Store store stock was generally OK but some shelves empty. Oatmeal and paper napkins as an example. The meat aisle was still a wreck but better than last week. I did manage to get some chicken drumsticks which isn't even my typical 3rd choice but better than nothing.
And everyone just went about their business. Some wore masks. And this new "social distance" of 6 feet or more.
The lack of fans is pretty much essential. I don't have a particularly large apartment and with some prints taking several days, I don't want the noise from the printer disturbing my sleep. The big 480W supply runs the 450W heated bed and the 240W one runs the steppers, control electronics and hot end heater.
What about the fan at the nozzle?
Example:
Don't think you can do much about that. My solution is to make only small things that take less than a day to print

More time for TEA thread suddenly. Spent the last week replacing 50% of my job with a python script

. Hope they don't work that out
Exactly

.
This one is my favourite on that matter:
I need a local distraction.
Playing Golf?

Hell no. The only balls I chase with a stick are bits of solder...
UT210E ordered. Thanks for everyone's feedback

Still looking for more toys to buy as I'm bored.
I did think about ...
1. buying this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076SBY7DG/2. porting a subset of WP-34s to it.
UT210E ordered. Thanks for everyone's feedback 
Still looking for more toys to buy as I'm bored.
I did think about ...
1. buying this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076SBY7DG/
2. porting a subset of WP-34s to it.
This calculator, is it really useful? Looks to me like something for beginners and a little bit like a toy.

And, in your case: it doesn't have a RPN!
It has tactile keys, scan matrix, hardware and display. That's all I need. STM32 can go on a bodge board then it will be RPN (WP-34s is an open source RPN calculator implementation)
you gonna' change the avatar then?
edit or just rip the offensive key off?
Key tops are plastic with paper inserts. New keys of course
More time for TEA thread suddenly. Spent the last week replacing 50% of my job with a python script
. Hope they don't work that out 
Well, devops innit gov? Like my CI/CD pipeline - Continued Idleness/Constant Distractions.
The lack of fans is pretty much essential. I don't have a particularly large apartment and with some prints taking several days, I don't want the noise from the printer disturbing my sleep. The big 480W supply runs the 450W heated bed and the 240W one runs the steppers, control electronics and hot end heater.
What about the fan at the nozzle?
It's quiet enough that it can't be heard once I close my bedroom door. I can hear the occasional fast travel move, but it's not loud enough to disturb.
Key tops are plastic with paper inserts. New keys of course 
But you only said that you were thinking about buying it, did you then
Yeah looking good. Has 2A range as well which is handy. Will be a bit jumpy on that I imagine. Will grab one in morning. Thanks for feedback 
This is car related for ref. Got problems
. Want to check something before I pay someone a lot of money for some bollocks
Just don't let the Uni-t 210e plugged at the battery terminal when starting the car.
EDIT: Starting my previous car, Opel Astra 1.7 Diesel (299A peak)
(Attachment Link)
EDIT2: Search for "ISO-Tech" @ebay, you may find something that interests you, though I totally agree that a Uni-t 210e is a must have for low current at the price. I have one.
299A is actually relatively low for a diesel, it must have been quite warm where you were. I work in the automotive electronics industry and in cold start conditions we expect anything up to 550A on start-up. So we fuse for 600A.
McBryce.
I'm trying to set up a search on eBay to give me a list of 7.5 or more digit multimeters, but all I get is crap based on my second numeric search term. I'm trying to use a string like this:
(HP, Agilent, Keysight, Keithley, Hioki, Advantest, Guildline, Datron, Prema) AND (34470, 3458, 7510, 2002, 2001, 2010, DM7276, DM7275, R6581, 7081, 7071, 9578, 9577, 1281, 1271, 8017, 5017, 6048, 6047, 6040S) -manual
I was under the impression that words in parentheses were a logical or and maybe it is, but it does not seem to honour the AND condition. Can anyone tell me how to make the eBay search return what I actually want?
...
299A is actually relatively low for a diesel, it must have been quite warm where you were. I work in the automotive electronics industry and in cold start conditions we expect anything up to 550A on start-up. So we fuse for 600A.
McBryce.
Temperatures in Portugal are not the same as in Germany, but I'm sure I took that picture for some reason, and that may be due to end of battery life or some other related problem.
Anyway, the point was to remind bd139 not have a current probe of 100A max, plugged in those conditions.
EDIT: Couldn't measure current in my actual car because the battery cabling is impossible to access on the positive terminal.
I'm trying to set up a search on eBay to give me a list of 7.5 or more digit multimeters, but all I get is crap based on my second numeric search term. I'm trying to use a string like this:
(HP, Agilent, Keysight, Keithley, Hioki, Advantest, Guildline, Datron, Prema) AND (34470, 3458, 7510, 2002, 2001, 2010, DM7276, DM7275, R6581, 7081, 7071, 9578, 9577, 1281, 1271, 8017, 5017, 6048, 6047, 6040S) -manual
I was under the impression that words in parentheses were a logical or and maybe it is, but it does not seem to honour the AND condition. Can anyone tell me how to make the eBay search return what I actually want?
Have you tried some add-ons? Or specialized tools?
This one comes to my mind, don't know, if there is an english version around:
https://www.aborange.de/bayhunter