Having ignored they "nay-sayers" and the why-bother gang, I went ahead and finished my 3D printed attachment for my DER EE DE5000 LCR meter. I can now connect my BNC Kelvin tweezers and probes to the meter.
McBryce.
Good job, look really nice
Being down to one roll in reserve is hardly an emergency. What I have on hand will last me for WEEKS. The 2nd roll is my "emergency stock"
You need to eat more fibre, man.
Are you implying that I'm full of shit?

But since you have a desire to know my bowel habits are perfectly adequate.
Are you implying that I'm full of shit?
[Fx: Italian palms up shrug, lower jaw pushed forward*] Hey, ya from New York in'tcha?

* Imagine Steven Van Zandt in the Sopranos doing it.
So what happen to the price of used TE during a recession ? I'm wondering if I should try to sell some items right now or wait until everything start coming back to normal.
8505A re-cap done. No issues. Powered up. Going to let it cook overnight then check it's overall accuracy/calibration as best as I can with the tools available. I do have some concerns/suspicions with the 100V and 1000V ranges but I'll see what the results are of the extended run.

So what happen to the price of used TE during a recession ? I'm wondering if I should try to sell some items right now or wait until everything start coming back to normal.
Don't know. I wasn't active in the hobby at that time but it didn't matter anyway because I had just become unemployed.
So what happen to the price of used TE during a recession ? I'm wondering if I should try to sell some items right now or wait until everything start coming back to normal.
Don't know. I wasn't active in the hobby at that time but it didn't matter anyway because I had just become unemployed.
Companies will probably go bankrupt and fill the market with used equipment. But at the same time, they may try to buy more used equipments since it's cheaper than buying new
So what happen to the price of used TE during a recession ? I'm wondering if I should try to sell some items right now or wait until everything start coming back to normal.
Don't know. I wasn't active in the hobby at that time but it didn't matter anyway because I had just become unemployed.
Companies will probably go bankrupt and fill the market with used equipment. But at the same time, they may try to buy more used equipments since it's cheaper than buying new 
Just going to have to see how this whole mess plays out. We are definitely in for some interesting times ahead.

Ok, some pics..
My stack-expansion, the HP Harrison 6824A bipolar power supply/amplifier arrived today safe and sound due to well packaging!

-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961064;image)
It was sold for parts so before I plugged it in I had a look inside. -and revealed that it was better to take it apart before powering it on:
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961068;image)
Who did design this (contact of fuse holder next to bare metal can of the electrolytic)?!

I found it suspicious that a brand new power cord was attached to the unit -with missing strain relief.
I think I'll better fix this first before plugging it into mains...
Having ignored they "nay-sayers" and the why-bother gang, I went ahead and finished my 3D printed attachment for my DER EE DE5000 LCR meter. I can now connect my BNC Kelvin tweezers and probes to the meter.
McBryce.
Sweet! Did you post the makefile? That way I can add it to my ever growing list of "shit wh will make if he ever gets the damn printer out of the box and on to a table"
Could not resist, I found another of those really nice Power Designs power supply on ebay at a really reasonable price. This time it's model 2010 0-20v 1A.
Before cleanup:
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961074;image)
After cleanup:
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961078;image)
I was expecting the same kind of ovenize voltage reference found in model 2005a, but to my surprise the general construction is a lot more recent and it's equipped with a LM399

look like it's a stripped down version of model 2020.
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961082;image)
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961086;image)
I only changed 2 caps and did the same operation on the switches with IPA -> Deoxit G5 -> Deoxit S5
-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=961090;image)
And as expected, resolution and accuracy is pretty impressive for a power supply

Sweet! Did you post the makefile? That way I can add it to my ever growing list of "shit wh will make if he ever gets the damn printer out of the box and on to a table"
Do it while the pandemic is going on!
Could not resist, I found another of those really nice Power Designs power supply on ebay at a really reasonable price. This time it's model 2010 0-20v 1A.
And as expected, resolution and accuracy is pretty impressive for a power supply 
... and the low noise 
Yes of course, noise is ridiculously low (100uV P-P) even compared to today's standards.
Could not resist, I found another of those really nice Power Designs power supply on ebay at a really reasonable price. This time it's model 2010 0-20v 1A.
One day I'll get one of these beauties. One day ...
Could not resist, I found another of those really nice Power Designs power supply on ebay at a really reasonable price. This time it's model 2010 0-20v 1A.
One day I'll get one of these beauties. One day ...

Before jumping, make sure the particular model allows the transformer taps to be changed to 240V.
I paid $10 for mine

Plus P&P of about seven times that
get a meanwell true sine inverter and power them off a 48V minigun battery pack ...
@Cerebus, totally agree with the way that asthma attacks come and go as a long time fellow sufferer and nobody other than another sufferer appreciates just how debilitating it is. My son also is a sufferer and when he gets an attack, he gets all the sympathy from SWMBO because makes a song and dance about, I tend to just try to get on with it and get nothing