Just found your 7075 thread instantly. I hate people like that. Basically fix it for me. Nope not how it works.
I'm more inclined to tear people a new arsehole as I get older for wasting my time because quite frankly if I don't get called out on it their attitude will continue. There's a megawatt of energy at least going into morons fighting over trivial things and that time can be spent better.
It's mostly the TE section I read/contribute to, haven't repaired a radio for years. Since broadcast radio has been ruined by Global & Bauer Media, buying up every radio station, asset stripping & turning them into non-local & generic shite, I've pretty much lost interest. The only radio receiver I've worked on in the last year is the HP 5090A, which is an off-air standard receiver, the 198kHz conversion PCB was a success, I posted about that both here & there.
The mods of any forum can only follow the rules of the owner.
One of the mods that joined the mod team in the last few year is ex-HP, very knowledgeable, was a designer at South Queensferry until Agilent took over & deleted the factory, AFAIK he isn't on the HPAK groups.io.
It's strange what is allowed & what gets closed, certainly a recent topic on wire-strippers was OK, anything vehicle related (air/sea/land based) that isn't radio/audio related gets locked quickly and discussions of house wiring got banned. Not every ebay mention gets locked or deleted, guess they don't have time to read/deal with everything. I've not seen any spelling/grammar related errors highlighted in red, maybe they stopped doing that IDK. Some of what gets locked/deleted will be due to members complaining as well.
David
There was talk of the Metrix power meters a couple of days ago. A MX1220 has turned up on ebay
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156076382369
No, I don't need another one and it's over priced at £179 even given the nice condition.
Nice to see BD and papa smurf around again. Until things runaway again then I'll be pissing-off to a quieter place
In other non-TE related:
Been doing somepreventivea bit late as it appears maintenance on some high-end Danish audio junk that has lived in the tropics most of its life.


, even after a sneaky run through the dishwasher, after a thorough wash with dawn dishsoap, and after a douse in isopropyl alcohol it still had that Rifa stank for a while until it faded.....

I believe I caught a glimpse of you at Hack Green at the end of last year. tggzz said it was you and he was handing over some piece of kit. Perhaps another time we can sit down over a cup of coffee and discuss these things. As it is, it's a bit like doing dirty washing in public. There's no statement I've made I wouldn't stand by, but yer know, it seems inappropriate.
It was only advertised as Military stuff at the same time last year. If I'm well enough I hope to be able to go, I missed the Radioactive sale in Nantwich last month, it was the day after I escaped hospital following the heart malfunction, I wasn't in any fit state to go and look for and/or buy TE.
I suppose this discussion is off-topic and the posts could reasonably be deleted. I don't believe the TEA thing fits in a huge single thread comfortably.
<SNIP>
That was the Solartron LM1420.2BA DVM I bought from tggzzz, it has a T-RMS option, but unlike HP & Rochar with plug-in modules, this one is very much hardwired in place, it has a hinge mechanism, allowing limited access to the boards. I don't believe I added any pictures before, it has thermocouples for the AC converter.
<SNIP>
The Hack Green sale is very local to me, I have been going for a few years now, it was a little smaller than usual at the end of last year, but some TE was on offer on a few stalls, probably not as much choice as the bigger sales in the South of England, next one is advertised as a Militaria & Radio sale on the 10th of March, which is Mothers day in the UK, no idea if this will prevent some people going.It was only advertised as Military stuff at the same time last year. If I'm well enough I hope to be able to go, I missed the Radioactive sale in Nantwich last month, it was the day after I escaped hospital following the heart malfunction, I wasn't in any fit state to go and look for and/or buy TE.
That was the Solartron LM1420.2BA DVM I bought from tggzzz, it has a T-RMS option, but unlike HP & Rochar with plug-in modules, this one is very much hardwired in place, it has a hinge mechanism, allowing limited access to the boards. I don't believe I added any pictures before, it has thermocouples for the AC converter.
Some TE repair related stuff arrived today.
OSH Park pcbs?
Sorry to hear about your heart problem. I hope you've recovered.
Telford is a two and a half hour trip for me, but the rally has been fairly good. Hack Green and Nantwich are an extra half hour, which puts them over the limit, unless the rally is more or less guaranteed to be very good, such as Dunstable Downs or Newbury.
I had the impression they were trying to separate the Hack Green rally into a spring event for military items, and an autumn event as a radio rally. I went to it was one I hadn't been to before. As a radio rally it wasn't up to the local minor ones, such as Weston-super-Mare and Chippenham. The nuclear bunker was fairly interesting.
I toyed with the idea of Nantwich, but it's a bit too far, especially at this time of year, I'd no idea whether it was likely to be any good, and anyway, I've not yet dealt with all of last year's acquisitions.
I would have thought Blackpool, Red Rose and the Lancashire rallies would be in striking distance for you. I've heard Blackpool is good.
That was the Solartron LM1420.2BA DVM I bought from tggzzz, it has a T-RMS option, but unlike HP & Rochar with plug-in modules, this one is very much hardwired in place, it has a hinge mechanism, allowing limited access to the boards. I don't believe I added any pictures before, it has thermocouples for the AC converter.
It's clearly found its way into the hands of a sympathetic owner and a true enthusiast.
"DO NOT RAISE BOARDS WHEN POWER IS ON"
I love it.

The coax ribbon cable on the probes can be repurposed for DIY logic probes for some Siglent scopes.
I'll even volunteer to do the hard work if you want to sell them cheap.![]()

Ideas with what to do with this boat anchor logic analyzer I got from the garbage?
I was told that these logic analyzers are only useful for debugging CPU systems with parallel memory interfaces.
